Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Crashes before loading

Azure_Zero
Edam
Throw in an extra 1 GB ram, make the windows changes Bob talks about and then throw in a cheap discrete card and the game will be playable though not brilliant.

Throw in an extra 1Gb ram, upgrade to Win10 64 bit (tricky to do as it needs a wipe and reinstall but it is free) and throw in mid range discrete card and the game will play quite well.

I would not Recommend touching Win 10 (even if it is free), since it has broken a number of applications and games. That and Win 10 has many other reasons to not be touched, even with a 1000ft pole.
Edam
Azure_Zero
Edam
Throw in an extra 1 GB ram, make the windows changes Bob talks about and then throw in a cheap discrete card and the game will be playable though not brilliant.

Throw in an extra 1Gb ram, upgrade to Win10 64 bit (tricky to do as it needs a wipe and reinstall but it is free) and throw in mid range discrete card and the game will play quite well.

I would not Recommend touching Win 10 (even if it is free), since it has broken a number of applications and games. That and Win 10 has many other reasons to not be touched, even with a 1000ft pole.

It is the only way I am aware of to upgrade from a 32 bit OS to a 64 bit OS without buying a new OS.
Maxen
Additionally, I have been running Windows 10 since July 2015 with no OS issues. Yes, the upgrade was a little rocky with out of date drivers, but the system is stable and I have had zero issues running Pathfinder or any other game.
Azure_Zero
Edam
Azure_Zero
Edam

It is the only way I am aware of to upgrade from a 32 bit OS to a 64 bit OS without buying a new OS.

Ever hear of Linux, It's free and there are 64-bit versions, so Win 10 is not the only free 64-bit OS out there.

PFO did work on Linux for a good while until the method of patching changed.
Huran
I recently upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 and have had no issues. Though there was a strange time where the test server patcher would not run on my wife's Win 10 box while the main server patcher was fine.

Game wise, the only thing to watch out for is the video card drivers will most likely have to be updated after the OS upgrade. Though I have heard of some cases where a video card upgrade was not needed.
"Circles of power, gathered by EARTH, welcomed by GOLD, in strife and in mirth. Focused by CRYSTAL, guided by LIGHT, showing the way, by day and by night. wrought in IRON, strengthened by STEEL, together we stand, in wrack and in weal. Hidden in SHADOW, explored by WOOD, we circle together, for the greater good." –Maxikyd– http://www.kotcguild.com/
Edam
Azure_Zero
Edam
Azure_Zero
Edam

Ever hear of Linux, It's free and there are 64-bit versions, so Win 10 is not the only free 64-bit OS out there.

PFO did work on Linux for a good while until the method of patching changed.

I run linux on our VM servers (though we also run a 2012 server to take advantage of the dynamic resource allocation in HyperV), several of our development servers, our dedicated backup server, the samba file server, our new genetic analysis servers (these are replacing some older DEC alphas running VMS and actually use four graphics cards per ssutem and do most of the work on the GPU PhysX processors). Our webserver is 2008 for historical reasons however overall most of our servers (about 30 or so) are linux. On the other hand deploying Linux clients to our staff as desktop machines and then running things like Creative Cloud under wine would be a nightmare.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post