Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Pathfinder Online will be ending operations on November 28, 2021. For more details please visit our FAQ.

Congratulations to the new rulers of Dun Baile (formerly Iron Gauntlet)!

Azure_Zero
Congrats.
The Eternal Balance
Well done - the Balance rights itself a bit.

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.
harneloot
Bravo to Fianna! (and as I think you witnessed last night in General, not everyone who pretends to play this game is a rational, mature adult hoping a good time is had by all smile
Xyzzy - gatherer, yeoman archer, swamp monster.
Grim Onyxheart
Careful how far you reach, when you throw a punch, your body comes with it.
~Part of the Empire of Xeilias, settlement of Golgotha, company of House Winterfield~
============= "Through Strength of Arms, We bring Peace." ============
—————————————————- www.xeilias.com ————————————————
The Eternal Balance
People who do not play the game (and bash said game at every opportunity) have their panties in a twist because people are playing the game.

The hollow laughter of The Balance rings out across the multiverse
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
The Eternal Balance
People who do not play the game (and bash said game at every opportunity) have their panties in a twist because people are playing the game.
First off, it's one person, not people, and that reads nothing like a complaint, but as a warning, which is entirely in character for the group issuing it.

Secondly, even if it were a complaint, that's not a clear-cut as you make it out. In a complete game, the people who actually are playing expect to know they (and probably their allies) have been feuded and are under threat of attack without having to remember to constantly check an obscure tab on the company window every time they are vulnerable. It's also the case that many of those people are putting money into the game to hedge against its future promise, even though they have a reasonable case that on its current merits, it doesn't necessarily deserve that money.

Third, I've watched Fianna and EoX interact in general chat for the last several days, and I've seen nothing to make me think anyone has their panties in a twist. I think EoX is enjoying the recent content more than a lot of groups would. I get the impression that they are mildly embarrassed that the bandits caught them with their pants at half mast, and they are using it as a springboard to galvanize their players in a way that is good for the game.

On the whole, I don't think the characterization of Grim's comment is really very balanced.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Tigari
Caldeathe Baequiannia
The Eternal Balance
First off, it's one person, not people, and that reads nothing like a complaint, but as a warning, which is entirely in character for the group issuing it.

Secondly, even if it were a complaint, that's not a clear-cut as you make it out. In a complete game, the people who actually are playing expect to know they (and probably their allies) have been feuded and are under threat of attack without having to remember to constantly check an obscure tab on the company window every time they are vulnerable. It's also the case that many of those people are putting money into the game to hedge against its future promise, even though they have a reasonable case that on its current merits, it doesn't necessarily deserve that money.

Third, I've watched Fianna and EoX interact in general chat for the last several days, and I've seen nothing to make me think anyone has their panties in a twist. I think EoX is enjoying the recent content more than a lot of groups would. I get the impression that they are mildly embarrassed that the bandits caught them with their pants at half mast, and they are using it as a springboard to galvanize their players in a way that is good for the game.

On the whole, I don't think the characterization of Grim's comment is really very balanced.

BINGO!!!!

I Really like the Finna guys, and have enjoyed all the fun times so far. Even did some 2v2/3v3 pvp with them, and offered some tips.

I'm not super excited to have a bandit settlement so close, I thought Aragon was too close lol. Even worse I think Paddy can actually pull it off, and pick up where Aragon fell (not all aragon fault, the game used to be more populated with "anti-bandits" so it a harder world for a small group of bandits).
Thorgrim Foegrinder
Fianna is one of the best things to happen to this game.
[Sylva] is the premier Nature based settlement in Pathfinder Online. We're a family that has come together through the game, and we're one of the most active settlements currently. We have a solid roleplaying foundation and are a home to those who both love and hate PvP.

[The Seventh Veil] is a meta-game group with members in several different settlements. We've created many guides and spreadsheets for the game that are referenced by hundreds of players on a daily basis and we maintain multiple websites like [Goblinary.com], [The Storehouse], and [The Unofficial PFO Atlas] to make information more readily available. The Seventh Veil promotes positive game play at all times.
Bringslite
Thorgrim Foegrinder

They do seem to want to hit that sweet spot below the level that is grief like behavior and above traveling/gathering/standingAFKfor30miunteswithimpunity and without an element of danger.

Honestly, I think the Unnamed Company might also have been able to pull it off, as well. We never got the chance to see.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Tigari
Bringslite
Thorgrim Foegrinder

They do seem to want to hit that sweet spot below the level that is grief like behavior and above traveling/gathering/standingAFKfor30miunteswithimpunity and without an element of danger.

Honestly, I think the Unnamed Company might also have been able to pull it off, as well. We never got the chance to see.

I agree about UnNamed Company, the problem was that any amount of banditry was retaliated against by half the map. With the lower population, there's less retaliation.

I think Paddy and his boys are also a little more of mind for the position. Bludd was more interested in Risk vs Reward in the early stages, Paddy is a little more interested in the Fun and Thrill of it! My kinda guy smile.

To get back on topic, Gratis again Fianna.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post