Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Pathfinder Online will be ending operations on November 28, 2021. For more details please visit our FAQ.

Congratulations to the new rulers of Dun Baile (formerly Iron Gauntlet)!

Tigari
Smitty
Not Delving off topic - so Gratz Paddy and company!

Tuffon will be traveling through your parts often ..( as I don’t know of a secret x hex up to ZKM). Sometimes I will be carrying stuff .. sometimes I wont !

But about my alts .. you guys going to publish some sort of toll policy they should know about!@!??

That's actually a good question. I know Paddy has said he didn't want to revert to violence if people wouldn't run, and just hand over "the goods". So if people knew what to expect, and they didn't want to try to run, they'd be able to know to stop and hand X over.
Decius
Does Dun Baile have an actual mission statement, statement of intent, or other information to allow a first impression of what they are going to be about?
Tigari
Not that I'm aware of. More of just the hints Paddy throws around, about "bandits being in the area", and the fact that most of us on the forums are aware that he himself is said bandit.
Cormac
A lot of it is currently being all figured out - we'll probably make a little bit more of statement around these parts at some point or another - but I can assure ya we're still keeping the whole bandit theme.

Now this is still a work in progress but some things being discussed are our local policy and our general banditry terms. The first weve been thinking a relatively good sized safe zone around Dun Baile - probably a hex or two radius - as we might put up an auction house for somewhere to sell our theoretically ill-gotten goods and want it safe enough for peeps to come and go - preemptively covering our asses for when we get banned by all the really active auction house towns.

We're sorta amending our bandit terms. If you run we don't restrict ourselves were gonna try to run ya down. If you stop and chat we'll give you two options. You can either hand a little bit of whatever over and go on your way or you can duel an equal number of our guys for your guys or I guess less if your dont mind puttin your fate in your friends hands. Our thought being this encourages different resolutions for combat or gathering characters with challenges favoring their strengths.

Not finalized yet but we're chatting about it.
By strength of arms and cunning minds, long live Fianna!
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Tigari
Smitty

Tuffon will be traveling through your parts often ..( as I don’t know of a secret x hex up to ZKM). Sometimes I will be carrying stuff .. sometimes I wont !

But about my alts .. you guys going to publish some sort of toll policy they should know about!@!??

That's actually a good question. I know Paddy has said he didn't want to revert to violence if people wouldn't run, and just hand over "the goods". So if people knew what to expect, and they didn't want to try to run, they'd be able to know to stop and hand X over.

I was planning on making a new thread just for that. As you can see from Cormacs post, my boys and I have been discussing this and we are making some revisions based on what seems to work and what doesn't. So stay tuned for that.
Paddy Fitzpatrick - Rí Ruírec of Fianna, roaming bands of noble warriors!
Member of Aragon Alliance and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.
Find us on PFO Discord
Tigari
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Tigari
Smitty

I was planning on making a new thread just for that. As you can see from Cormacs post, my boys and I have been discussing this and we are making some revisions based on what seems to work and what doesn't. So stay tuned for that.

looking fowards to it smile
Bringslite
Not my place to say, but I like the way that Fianna "wants" to do things.

I don't expect you to do or play any way that isn't fun for you, but I've been here for a year + playing and 2 or so before. The threat of retaliation is what crushes activities like you want to engage in. AKA "hut burning" rather than trying to chase down individual characters. That stifles the entire bandit genre. In the absence of mechanics for you bandits to be able to play on equal footing, I would offer a piece of advice that won't make things perfect, but might make them possible. Spread The Love Out. That means don't poke one group to excess and let there be some "cooling time" before you come back to an area.

Honestly I am not sure that will even help, we have some fairly blood thirsty anxious to go "anti banditeers", but it might help until mechanics are in that allow you to not have to live in a particular spot to play the full game.

Peace and Good Fortune
BL
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Tigari
Eh, Fianna should be fine. Those Anti Banditeers you mention may learn that if they come to sac Fianna, they have their old friends, the Xeilians, waiting for them smile. It's not that I WANT fianna to make base next to me, but more of "The enemy of my enemy is my friend". There are some in this game who are like a "squirrel" to me. No matter what I'm doing, when I see them 100% of my attention and focus shifts, and I do so love playing with them soo much!
Bringslite
Tigari
Eh, Fianna should be fine. Those Anti Banditeers you mention may learn that if they come to sac Fianna, they have their old friends, the Xeilians, waiting for them smile. It's not that I WANT fianna to make base next to me, but more of "The enemy of my enemy is my friend". There are some in this game who are like a "squirrel" to me. No matter what I'm doing, when I see them 100% of my attention and focus shifts, and I do so love playing with them soo much!

A perfect response! An almost promise of quasi protection will make some groups think before burning. I say some and I mean some. No amount of old influence will keep all groups at bay if they are being constantly hassled by bandits.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Tigari
Also, when I said "anti banditeering" groups, i had 1 or two groups in mind. I wont assist in protecting Fianna/Dun Baile from everyone, Just my enemies smile, and that's more of because that "squirrel effect".

Also, would Dun Baile even want the help at first? or would they be more interested in seeing how well they can defend on their own. Who knows maybe when I show up to kill some people, the Fianna guys attack me too, and it turns into a 3way brawl smile That could be fun

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post