Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Holding Changes

Edam
Caldeathe Baequiannia
TLDR: From what I can see, there are no non-selfish reasons for increasing the production capacity of individual toons.

Reduce the advanatage of money ?

Currently people with the cash to buy multiple DT's can (and do) become relatively independant crafting wise and the more cash challenged have difficulty competing.

It is also worth pointing out that some groups have T3 crafters (particularly armorsmiths) working 24/7 with months of back orders. The lack of demand seen by those characters needing AH sells to power their queues is not indicative of a surplus of crafters per se.
Azure_Zero
Ahem…..

Azure_Zero
Let's get back on Topic of Holding changes, Not Crafting Queues.

If you wish to continue it, put it in its own thread.

Crafting queue, New thread
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Edam
It is also worth pointing out that some groups have T3 crafters (particularly armorsmiths) working 24/7 with months of back orders. The lack of demand seen by those characters needing AH sells to power their queues is not indicative of a surplus of crafters per se.
And some groups have T3 Crafters (including armorsmiths) who's queues are empty most of the time. Month, or multi-month, backlogs are an argument for people looking around for other opportunities for trade, not a reason to let those crafters do more.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Azure_Zero
Ahem…..

Azure_Zero

Caldeathe Baequiannia
Azure_Zero
Additional queues have been proposed as one way to add value to holdings. the thread seems fine.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Edam
Caldeathe Baequiannia
TLDR: From what I can see, there are no non-selfish reasons for increasing the production capacity of individual toons.

Reduce the advanatage of money ?
There is no good reason to believe that that allowing crafters to produce more will lower the value of money. The number of crafters will reach an equilibrium where people who are crafting feel they are sufficiently rewarded, or they will exit the market. All it means is that someone with multiple accounts can make more stuff to sell in game.
Bringslite
Azure_Zero
Ahem…..

Azure_Zero

It's a sub topic of Holding Improvements! smile Other incentives that I could see to encourage upgrading: Mule door, being able to open trainers and craft facilities to "others" and get a cut of the coin charges, At each + you have the option to include another related NPC trainer, perhaps the incentives should be very much related to the specific holding type(fun but perhaps hard to balance).

One thing is certain: the upkeep costs for these puppies ranked up isn't just icky high, it's a logistical nightmare that would make regular hauling chores seem like picnics.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Duffy Swiftshadow
After all the debating I'm starting to think it doesn't really matter if more queues are available to a single crafter or not, it could always just be achieved via another account and the economy will work itself out for the most part either way. If the economy got in such a state that something needed balancing the thing to balance will be the crafting times, resource availability, and recipe amounts, not the existence of crafting queues.

I would say Crafters need some sort of perks for focusing heavily into crafting besides being slightly better at it as they rank up. Which is more in line with the original multi queue ideas GW had way back. How that should tie into holdings would depend on the feasibility of the logistics and if that dependency is considered a good reward or not.
Azure_Zero
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Azure_Zero
Additional queues have been proposed as one way to add value to holdings. the thread seems fine.

This WHOLE sub topic can go into it's own thread

This TOPIC is SPECIFIC to Holdings, not the sub function of a crafting holding.

If anyone continues crafting queues, I'll ask Bob to lock the thread.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Duffy Swiftshadow
I would say Crafters need some sort of perks for focusing heavily into crafting besides being slightly better at it as they rank up.
A great variety of recipes would be nice, as some lines are pretty barren at the top. Hopefully that one will be self correcting as more roles and races are developed. Mybe things like specialty versions of armour that have slightly different bonuses for elves than they do for gnomes. As well as faction related recipes.Those might also help with adding some Pathfinder flavour

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post