Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Holding Changes

Edam
Were Gushers ever meant to be effected by Holding level and the level of the Seneschal etc attached to the holding ?

Azure_Zero
I suggested more crafting QUALITY at holdings, not more queues.

Well to be fair, holding queues as an additional queue is a fairly logical next step.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
No. Gushers are a random result for gatherers that have nothing to do with holdings.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Duffy Swiftshadow
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Duffy Swiftshadow
I would say Crafters need some sort of perks for focusing heavily into crafting besides being slightly better at it as they rank up.
A great variety of recipes would be nice, as some lines are pretty barren at the top. Hopefully that one will be self correcting as more roles and races are developed. Mybe things like specialty versions of armour that have slightly different bonuses for elves than they do for gnomes. As well as faction related recipes.Those might also help with adding some Pathfinder flavour

I guess I don't really see the recipes as a 'reward' their just a loot based portion of advancing a crafter. Maybe factions will help ease that sort of issue as those are supposed to be some form of accomplishment based versus something you'll want to get around to collecting. Crafter progression is very plain and boring compared to combat progression.
I t was in reference to perks, not rewards, in that they give extra reasons to log in, extra colour to a sometimes colourless job.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Azure_Zero
Bringslite
….
On holding improvements: How about 1 NPC trainer for a +0, 2 at +1, 3 at +3, and 4 at +5? This could be the groundwork and the basis for a company to start a steading of their own and have some training/crafting at the location.

That would be a nice twist in how to improve a holding.
Azure_Zero
Edam
Were Gushers ever meant to be effected by Holding level and the level of the Seneschal etc attached to the holding ?

Azure_Zero
I suggested more crafting QUALITY at holdings, not more queues.

Well to be fair, holding queues as an additional queue is a fairly logical next step.

While Logical, it would cause an imbalance in the Currently Lop sided supply and Demand in the server, and just make it worse.
Edam
Azure_Zero
While Logical, it would cause an imbalance in the Currently Lop sided supply and Demand in the server, and just make it worse.

I realise some people believe there is no demand but our Armorsmiths and Artificers are always queued up. The only time the Artificer stops churning Spellbooks is when we run out of blue and black. The Armorsmiths have orders for the next 2 months at least with more incoming.

Regardless- we are talking here about a proposed future change when population increases not something for next patch.
Duffy Swiftshadow
Resources and crafting time will always play a larger role than the whether or not an extra queue exists, especially when a dedicated player just need to make another character to achieve the same result.
Gagnrath
Making another character, paying the sub, and leveling them up (with all that entails) to the point of being able to craft T2 or T3 stuff is very different than a toon who is already there simply getting another crafting que.
Edam
Gagnrath
Making another character, paying the sub, and leveling them up (with all that entails) to the point of being able to craft T2 or T3 stuff is very different than a toon who is already there simply getting another crafting que.

It just takes money to either buy a T3 crafting character or sub long enough to get the XP. Nothing else really.

You can pretty much park the character for 12 months to gain XP, log back in and level two crafts to T3 instantly if you have access to the recipes and mats or refined goods to blitz the achieves.

To get a refiner or crafter to T3 you need to make one T1+2 common item, one T1+3 uncommon item, one T2+1 common item, one T2+3 uncommon item - a total of 4 items. As you will need to take two crafts together to cover the ability and achievment gates you actually need to make 8 specific items total (two of those items will be free recipes the other 6 you need to have stashed away) plus maybe one or two random T1+3 cross craft items.
Duffy Swiftshadow
Gagnrath

Who said simply? Why not attach it to getting into T3 crafting? In fact it would probably be it's own 'Expert' role level feat. That's arguably the point where it's the most useful and it makes it a reward/perk for dedicating to crafting. Crafting is one of the few things in game right now where real life money trumps player's ability in game to gain advantage.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post