Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

abandoned settlement takeovers

Bringslite
Said this before: When I take a look at the graphics, I am actually impressed. They are not crappy. They are INCOMPLETE. The armors are sharp. The weapons are fairly cool. The skellies are great! Almost all of the monsters are highly detailed.

When I travel cross country, I am not looking closely at the grass and the trees. The over all aesthetic is a pleasing one. Just as it is in the settlements. The view from atop a high place is often pretty nice.

The problem here is really only one of POLISH. That takes time and money. I would take these graphics over cartoon land every time, but alas, I am older than most MMO gamers.

The animations need time and money.
The character models need time and money.
The terrain needs time and money.
The Skybox needs time and money.

BUT, with so much potential and so little time or money, it is worth waiting for if the company is responsive and the game play improves.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Tigari
Bringslite, WE understand that. That's why we still play. Either we enjoy the looks, know that they will improve, or really just dont care about graphics. Alot of new players disagree though. I have seen many people play this game for 20 mintues, then stop playing after bitching about the graphics.
Stilachio Thrax
Tigari
Bringslite, WE understand that. That's why we still play. Either we enjoy the looks, know that they will improve, or really just dont care about graphics. Alot of new players disagree though. I have seen many people play this game for 20 mintues, then stop playing after bitching about the graphics.

I've seen that too, although in some cases it was something easy for them to blame. Either they couldn't articulate what they actually disliked, or they didn't want to admit what they didn't like. That said, I do fall into the gameplay > graphics camp.
Virtus et Honor

Steward of Ozem's Vigil, Lord Commander of the Argyraspides Iomedais
Bringslite
Tigari

I agree, Tigari. I suppose that I am reflexively defending PfO or maybe trying to voice that it s possible to look beyond some things and look deeper at others. The graphics really are a deal breaker for many and there may be no way around that right now.

It is a matter of personal perspective and expectations. Industry standards are very tough for AAA games. Most of the industry seems to feel that if the eye candy is great, that things are covered. Perhaps millions will buy the game or pay whatever it costs to get inside of it. If they stick around a few months(despite glaring play issues) it is ok, cause LOTS of people paid to get inside and try it.

The eye candy in the trailers and the "let's play X" videos sell the game at first. smile
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post