Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

abandoned settlement takeovers

Caldeathe Baequiannia
The reality is that it is in the best interests of the developers to give encouragement to multiple accounts. A person with 10 accounts playing 20 hours a week is worth approximately ten times as much to the developers as a person playing one account 20 hours a week. And if a casual gamer who can only play 2 hours a week feels that they will always be playing at a serious disadvantage to the player with 20 hours to play, then they have little incentive to continue. If there is a clear advantage to playing a single character constantly, then the only winner is the person who can do so. As it stands, the devs also come out ahead, and the person with cash but not much time can feel competitive. It's important that neither lots of time nor lots of money be an overwhelming advantage.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Tigari
Duffy, your question on why does the guy with 20 accounts get more than the one guy who plays just as much on one account has an easy answer. Money. The guy with 20 accounts is paying 20 times more than the guy with 1 account.
Bringslite
Hell, just a new rule that any new settlements an alliance takes must be maintained at an average level between the minimum and the highest in the Alliance might be kinda fun. Meaningful choices and all that…

Of course, then you need some pretty spectacular benefits for being part of an Alliance. I know that much more strenuous costs are planned to maintain buildings, but if the work isn't already started, why over complicate things beyond what they are now?
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Duffy Swiftshadow
Not saying there shouldn't be any perks for multiple accounts, variety, logistics, and crafting queues are pretty huge perks, I'm fine with that but those are all benefits that could just as easily come from more players. But why base something like influence around character accounts when it's really a reflection of effort not bodies? I'm just saying 5 people playing 4 hours a day should be just as capable for influence like mechanics as 10 people playing 2 hours a day. Effort over pulses.
Bringslite
Duffy Swiftshadow
Not saying there shouldn't be any perks for multiple accounts, variety, logistics, and crafting queues are pretty huge perks, I'm fine with that but those are all benefits that could just as easily come from more players. But why base something like influence around character accounts when it's really a reflection of effort not bodies? I'm just saying 5 people playing 4 hours a day should be just as capable for influence like mechanics as 10 people playing 2 hours a day. Effort over pulses.

Don't get me started on Influence. Influence as implemented is the death knell of Specialized Companies along with all of it's other problems.

Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Tigari
Bringslite
Duffy Swiftshadow

Don't get me started on Influence. Influence as implemented is the death knell of Specialized Companies along with all of it's other problems.

Curious, How so? I mean, companies can still "specialize" they just also need to dabble in other parts of the game. I do this by not using my influence to build holdings, but to Fued others. Or even more so in my case, fued myself in another company so I can hold Gladiatorial Games. That's pretty specialized smile
Duffy Swiftshadow
Bringslite
Duffy Swiftshadow

I have a very strong dislike for influence the way it is myself, based on your lone statement I think the odds are good we probably have some similar views on it. It's definitely a colossal problem that helps trivialize company identity and creates a hostile recruitment environment more than almost anything else in the game.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
One of the issues with frustration is lack of clarity in the few rules we have. When part of the map thinks something is a fact, based on statements made in public, while others are operating on different info provided in private, it leads to bad feelings. It doesn't matter how complex or simple the rules are if they are not communicated widely and consistently.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
[turn on Cal ranting about incomplete game] Influence as is will be less of an issue if they can get to the planned stage of multiple companies, with one being your primary for influence, and the others getting less, or none, but providing a separate way to organize.[turn off (for now) Cal ranting about incomplete game]
Bringslite
Sure Tigari, you can run a specialized PVP Merc company if that floats your boat. If you get hired often enough, and use up your influence, PVE is not so onerous to regain loses. You need lots of weapon etc… achieves anyway.

It really isn't GW's fault, totally, but we all feel like we need lots of influence for our settlements. Not just the kind that you get for crafting, gathering, trading but the real good stuff that only comes from PVE. Those other meager sources don't help much with the only 2 things that influence is used for. Not sure about anyone else but I hop around a lot trying to help our companies to gain so they can afford more holdings. All of it predicated because we believe that we will need lots of holdings and lots of bulk resources.

My main reason for asking that systems be simplified at the settlement level? Complicating that further means lots more coding. Settlements have gotten a TON of coding. What would the game be like if, instead of future resources(time) were spent on making the individual player's game day more interesting?
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post