Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

abandoned settlement takeovers

Tigari
Bringslite
My main reason for asking that systems be simplified at the settlement level? Complicating that further means lots more coding. Settlements have gotten a TON of coding. What would the game be like if, instead of future resources(time) were spent on making the individual player's game day more interesting?

I skipped the beggining of your post, hope it doesn't misrepresent what you said, but I agree with this. I think that the focus on the settlements needs to lessen, and more should go into individual companies giving more to the individual players. I would hope that companies and their mechanics would require MUCH less coding…

and since I'm talking about adding stuff, gotta throw in my daily 'ADD BASIC FACTIONS' speel.

Mistwalker
Duffy Swiftshadow
The privateering and strip mining the HRC is funding/doing is kinda slowing that down a bit (mostly the latter), but they're getting there. The occasional fight is a bit fun and interesting though, plus a good bit of RP conflict is a nice change.

Sigh.
HRC is being accused of this again?

To my knowledge, no one from the HRC is strip mining anywhere.

Please provide proof of you accusations.
Duffy Swiftshadow
Well Fianna is doing it and they didn't do the best job of hiding they're privateering for someone up north…

Perhaps it might not be your characters doing it but the guys you sent sure are. What's interesting is if you aren't doing it, and we're not doing it, who hell is strip mining all the meteor hexes?
Fiesta
Goblins?

Duffy Swiftshadow
Well Fianna is doing it and they didn't do the best job of hiding they're privateering for someone up north…

Perhaps it might not be your characters doing it but the guys you sent sure are. What's interesting is if you aren't doing it, and we're not doing it, who hell is strip mining all the meteor hexes?
Caldeathe Baequiannia
I'd happily strip-mine Aeonian league claims if I could be bothered to gather, but I can't. Lately I haven't even been able to get up the energy to pretend I'm strip-mining them in general chat. Maybe I'll try to fix that one.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Duffy Swiftshadow

Alright jumping in here since we were brought up…

I have certainly said publicly that we offer privateering gigs and that we book month to month, that much is common knowledge.

However, a lot of our stuff are also things we would do of our own volition too, and our own ops and those of our allies take precedence.

So, did I tell my boys to go stripping in the southwest? Hell yeah I did. Gotta do something in response to that ustie incident. I figured trying to hit em in the wallet would be better retaliation than a bar room brawl (I may be kinda crazy but I ain't stupid). Plus we can start leveling our gathering up which is something we need to start doing anyway. As for other shenanigans we have pulled lately, well, lets be honest up to this point only the North and Emerald Lodge had been getting the brunt of it. Gotta spread the love man.

We apparently still have a thing or two to learn when it comes to our performances. I'm thinking it is due to insufficient fashion on our part. We need something more suitable to the task at hand.
Paddy Fitzpatrick - Rí Ruírec of Fianna, roaming bands of noble warriors!
Member of the Kathalpas Coalition and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.
Find us on PFO Discord
Paddy Fitzpatrick
So on that note I'm grabbing me another beer.

Cheers!
Member of the Kathalpas Coalition and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.
Find us on PFO Discord
Bringslite
@ Paddy

Ya'll offer privateering in your portfolio? Outstanding!
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Bringslite
@ Paddy

Ya'll offer privateering in your portfolio? Outstanding!

Yep, sure are.

P.S. Looking back on this, it is clear to me now that perhaps I should not drink and post…
Find us on PFO Discord
Jokken
Caldeathe Baequiannia
The current owners of High Road took it over when it wasn't even abandoned, excising our former lords and masters to make our own home because they were absent. Do you feel like that was "taking advantage" of the fact we are still playing? At what point do those of us who pay to play (and actually play) stop owing something to those who aren't playing?

I haven't thought about that in a long time, Cal. You can argue about semantics of what a settlement takeover should cost, but I can safely conclude that taking an empty piece of ground with influence gained from killing starter mobs for hours is a pale feeling in comparison to the joys of throwing your greedy despot into the street and burning his throne. We should discuss the merits tearing down the heroic statue in the square and erecting a guillotine in memoriam. After all, I know of no reason why the 5th of Neth should ever be forgot.
Go West for freedom and adventure! Join the free soil settlers of High Road. Be a positive and constructive force for freedom in the Bulwark Hills. www.coalroad.com/hrc

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post