Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Elevation and Settlement Map

Caldeathe Baequiannia
http://file3.guildlaunch.net/402055/testMap004.png

The Player map that was worked on shortly after the landrush is still my go-to, because it loads quickly and has the detail I want for 75% of my needs. It is, however, sadly out of date. Does it have a direct-in-line successor, or has that been abdicated to the fancier map sites?
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Duffy Swiftshadow
I pretty much use pfomap.com exclusively now.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
I use it lots, too. But when all I want to know is how many hexes it is from Thornkeep to Emerald Lodge, or the name of the settlement closest to Forgeholm, it's a bit overkill. It also doesn't show the elevation contours (straightforward though they may be), it isn't great for capturing a little piece to embed in something else without a bit of finicky work first, and it won't work at all if scripting is blocked in the browser. The test map just loads, quickly, in anything, and I can use a local copy.
Thorgrim Foegrinder
There's no scripting on the Storehouse map, but it doesn't show elevation or much else tbh. I also use pfomap.com when I need to look at a map, unless it's for resources (then I use the Storehouse, which is all CSS and no JavaScript).
[Sylva] is the premier Nature based settlement in Pathfinder Online. We're a family that has come together through the game, and we're one of the most active settlements currently. We have a solid roleplaying foundation and are a home to those who both love and hate PvP.

[The Seventh Veil] is a meta-game group with members in several different settlements. We've created many guides and spreadsheets for the game that are referenced by hundreds of players on a daily basis and we maintain multiple websites like [Goblinary.com], [The Storehouse], and [The Unofficial PFO Atlas] to make information more readily available. The Seventh Veil promotes positive game play at all times.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
All I know is that when I go to the page on a browser with scripting disabled by default in "noscript", the map does not load until I click "allow pfomap.com" Perhaps there is also something else (non java) that is being disabled. Maybe Cross-site CSS or something.
aussiedwarf
Hi. Height information is something that I have wanted to add to the map but it is a lot of manual work as I have to add that information to the edge of each hex with height changes.

The map is rendered using javascript on a canvas element. Javascript is drawing every hex, line, animation and text of the map which allows for things to be turned on and off and interactivity. This means that things like no script will effectively disable the map. It can also mean that the map could be processor heavy for older machines/phones/tablets and also will not work in older browsers that do not support the canvas element (so basically older internet explorer).

Programming is what I do so using javascript was the easiest thing for me to do. Thorgrims use of CSS to display the map is black magic to me.
Elder of Forgeholm
Owner of www.pfomap.com
Contactable at aussiedwarfpfo@gmail.com
Harad Navar
Maybe we should ask in the Keepside Chat April 25th for an elevation readout when we mouseover something in the mini-map, in addition to the coordinates displayed. I have wanted this for a couple of years now.
Knowledge can explain the darkness, but it is not a light.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post