Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Keepside Chat Monday, April 25th 2016

Caldeathe Baequiannia
Bringslite
No "Fat lootz" for anyone else?
For now, yes.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Paddy Fitzpatrick
I got one, even though I can't be there for this…

Any plans to address additional chat/social features in 11.2 or maybe the next latch after that? I am asking about things like perhaps hex chat instead (or in addition to) local, a friend's list, having emotes (/commands) show up in all chat Windows and not just in local chat?
Paddy Fitzpatrick - Rí Ruírec of Fianna, roaming bands of noble warriors!
Member of the Kathalpas Coalition and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.
Find us on PFO Discord
Tigari
Paddy Fitzpatrick

Any plans to address additional chat/social features in 11.2 or maybe the next latch after that? I am asking about things like perhaps hex chat instead (or in addition to) local, a friend's list, having emotes (/commands) show up in all chat Windows and not just in local chat?
Hex chat used to be in. It was replaced by local.
Midnight
I preferred hex chat. I miss entering a hex and announcing "Bandits are here, run away!"
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Tigari
Paddy Fitzpatrick

Why?

Cause from what I can tell, and maybe it is just me, but local seems to have a limited range, which is aggravating when you are trying to tell someone to stop running and just hand their stuff over. I have got reports that they didn't see it even though we were both in sight of one another.

Why not just keep the hex chat instead where people in the area would hear ya and I don't have these kind of issues of making sure im in exactly X paces of someone or something like that. How are we supposed to rob people if they can't even see what we said when we are in sight of each other?
Paddy Fitzpatrick - Rí Ruírec of Fianna, roaming bands of noble warriors!
Member of the Kathalpas Coalition and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.
Find us on PFO Discord
Fiesta
Actually, Hex chat was replaced by General chat, not Local. As for not seeing local messages, well if you are not on the chat tab the local messages are not displayed.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Hex chat was removed, and the space it had occupied filled with global after people had conversations in it without realizing that people they couldn't see were seeing their communications. Ryan appeared semi-appalled by the lack of players' ability to consider basic security. Once they figured out how to get local and settlement chat in, those were added later.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Smitty
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Tigari
Paddy Fitzpatrick

Why?

Cause from what I can tell, and maybe it is just me, but local seems to have a limited range, which is aggravating when you are trying to tell someone to stop running and just hand their stuff over. I have got reports that they didn't see it even though we were both in sight of one another.

Why not just keep the hex chat instead where people in the area would hear ya and I don't have these kind of issues of making sure im in exactly X paces of someone or something like that. How are we supposed to rob people if they can't even see what we said when we are in sight of each other?
For another trip down memory lane ..
https://goblinworks.com/forum/topic/1931/?page=3#post-18145

I wonder if it had to do with the blackwood glade folks… they sort of were chatting about running a load a expendables up to keepers pass in hex chat.. thinking it was local..A certain group heard all this and decided to attack them while they were running the entire collection of expendables up to keepers pass..

After that group lost their stuff and quit the game, I think a change was made to the chat channels .. folks wanted ways to talk to each other .. without voice but still be next to one another..

Not saying that is why they made the change… but it was something that happened right before the chat channel changed..
https://goblinworks.com/blog/early-enrollment-v50-release-notes/
Tigari
Good Memories smile.
Decius
Smitty
For the limited amount of tech hours spent coding stuff… You settlement leader control folks need to stop..

Please don’t ask for any more settlement control stuff until the average game playing experience is addressed.. Use those development hours on friends list.. sorting things better .. fixing bugs that affect everyone.. Last thing we need should ask Gw to focus on is yet another tool that a handful of people will interact with..

Use the limited hours you can throw at things to have the most affect on a larger number of players..

Not saying you should not think about this stuff… But your it should be on the no time soon list, there are a ton of actual play ability things you can focus on instead…
Controlling who trains at a settlement will have a major effect on every player.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post