Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Keepside Chat Monday, April 25th 2016

Decius
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Bringslite
Everyone is aware that there isn't loot in taking a holding, I presume? The original owners lose all to the victor(of course) but the stored stuff just disappears. Victors get nothing. That is at least my limited experience with holding captures.
I've got a feeling it's just another company bank vault that is inaccessible until you have company access to the hex again. Freedom Alliance could probably confirm if they got their bulk back after rebuilding at the Mediash core 6.
The company vault seems to be tied to the hex, not the holding, and rebuilding the holding reestablishes access to the vault.
Edam
lol - the forever squabble

The solution to this issue though is simple. Detachable chat windows that float.
Decius
Smitty
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Tigari
Paddy Fitzpatrick
I got one, even though I can't be there for this…

Any plans to address additional chat/social features in 11.2 or maybe the next latch after that? I am asking about things like perhaps hex chat instead (or in addition to) local, a friend's list, having emotes (/commands) show up in all chat Windows and not just in local chat?
Hex chat used to be in. It was replaced by local.

Why?

Cause from what I can tell, and maybe it is just me, but local seems to have a limited range, which is aggravating when you are trying to tell someone to stop running and just hand their stuff over. I have got reports that they didn't see it even though we were both in sight of one another.

Why not just keep the hex chat instead where people in the area would hear ya and I don't have these kind of issues of making sure im in exactly X paces of someone or something like that. How are we supposed to rob people if they can't even see what we said when we are in sight of each other?
For another trip down memory lane ..
https://goblinworks.com/forum/topic/1931/?page=3#post-18145

I wonder if it had to do with the blackwood glade folks… they sort of were chatting about running a load a expendables up to keepers pass in hex chat.. thinking it was local..A certain group heard all this and decided to attack them while they were running the entire collection of expendables up to keepers pass..

After that group lost their stuff and quit the game, I think a change was made to the chat channels .. folks wanted ways to talk to each other .. without voice but still be next to one another..

Not saying that is why they made the change… but it was something that happened right before the chat channel changed..
https://goblinworks.com/blog/early-enrollment-v50-release-notes/
History correction: BWG left the game when a certain group started camping the bank at BWG, during a time when the Thornguards did nothing.
Smitty
You recall your history your way .. i remember it my way …
yet have to inquire
if you werent there .. how do you know ??
because if you were there they wouldn't have needed someone to get on voice coms to let you guys know … and then the chat channel never would of changed…

Decius
Smitty
yet have to inquire
if you werent there .. how do you know ??
because if you were there they wouldn't have needed someone to get on voice coms to let you guys know … and then the chat channel never would of changed…
Because they told us.
Edam
You know, the irony of that squabble is those original players from both BWG and Hammerfall (two separate and unconnected groups) were continually accused of just being offshoots of Brighthaven and took a lot of flak for it and eventually quit the game.

As a result the empty settlements were taken up by groups with far closer ties to Brighthaven then either of those original settlements ever had. Which is not necessarily a bad thing … but unintended consequences and some hipster irony there.
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Well here's a thought…

Why not just have both? I don't get where the complicated part is. And just have emotes show up in all chat Windows and stuff like that as a short term thing.

Better yet, a more long term solution would be something like how Black Desert Online does it where you get the default chat tab with all the different chats and ya can make other custom defined chat tabs with the only the ones you want.

Hell, just knowing how far local chat actually goes (cause there is no indicator whatsoever) would help.

That's just it, the basic level user experience is just all over the place. I ain't talking about like graphics or specific content, I'm just talking basic things like login and log out (I heard there was some bug in it that never got fixed since alpha), basic social interactions and communications (local chat not being seen by someone in sight of you, no friends list, settlement chat not showing up in the local default feed, etc.), finishing banking improvements, and new user experience (the tutorial should explain what keywords and other key mechanics do, it will make new players less confused, make our lives better, and make their searches of places like goblinary far more effective)

In addition to critical bug fixes, that's what I think the game needs before any additional features come in. Settlement training control ain't gonna do much if new players and even veteran players ain't staying around long enough for it to matter.

Besides, if I had to pick a major feature to add, those factions sound like a better plan. Give people more options for playing the game and making their own way rather than shoehorn every new guy into joining one of our settlents just to make ends meat.
Paddy Fitzpatrick - Rí Ruírec of Fianna, roaming bands of noble warriors!
Member of the Kathalpas Coalition and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.
Find us on PFO Discord
You are a Troll
Smitty

Washed clean of fault and grief in the cleansing fires of selective memory hey? Nice try.
Smitty
You are a Troll
Smitty

Washed clean of fault and grief in the cleansing fires of selective memory hey? Nice try.
Last thing I am going to say about this on this thread.. if want to re hash why BWG left the game make another thread.. but here ya go from folks that actually left the game…

https://goblinworks.com/forum/topic/1924/?page=3#post-18039 - nothing about banks by someone that left the game

https://goblinworks.com/forum/topic/1924/?page=7#post-18277 - nothing about banks- by some one who left the game..
Figure if things happened like they did in some of your heads that would make it to the exit game message.. but instead you have one guy that says he went out hunting and was attacked by some organized groups..
So If you recall BWG leaving because they got attacked at a bank and the guards didn’t help them.. to each their own I guess..
Tigari
I have no grief in anything I've done. I killed my enemies plain and simple,pretty sure all of EoX feels the same. But you can keep on talking like what we did was soon terrible, I enjoy being a boogieman.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post