Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Keepside Chat Monday, April 25th 2016

Palmer
Tigari
I'd say it's much different. Considering we're the boogiemen, and when we killed you it was assuming you were the spunky guy and would have fun with it too. Once we realized otherwise, we apologized. Other games you would of been told to "suck it up" or instantly been called a care Bears pansy. So tea, I'd say this crowd is much nicer.

And I didn't sugar coat anything,I just told the rest of the story

Last reply. Then I'll be finished. My story did not name names and it wasn't meant to start anything. It was meant to relate an experience that was not fun. To point out that the game seems different than what I had heard and read. You're defending yourself not because I named anyone and brought out any extra details. It might be because others did and you do feel a little guilty. Perhaps I am a dick for getting the impression that 2 or 3 or 4 guys ganking me are dicks. Okay I get it.

All done.
Tigari
Palmer,my response wasn't due to your post. You're right, you didn't name names,but I'm sure anyone who was online at the time knew who you were talking about,even some not online smile. My defensive posting was in response to Decius, and if you couldn't tell yet,we don't get along very well. We both view each other as the most toxic people in the game, and who knows, maybe because our bickering,were both right.
Edam
I do think one thing that needs to be emphasized to new players it is not TT where death is a huge thing and in PFO unless you are super cautious expect to die often, PvP or PvE.

In terms of PvP death is par for the course, providing you die less often then your opponents you are ahead.

In terms of PvE, high risk is high gain. Edam can sometimes churn through a full set of T2 in a week running high level escalations but makes enough to pay for that damaged gear with quite a few gold left over. A more cautious approach (wearing his T3 and not taking risks) would actually be less profitable.
Decius
Tigari
Palmer,my response wasn't due to your post. You're right, you didn't name names,but I'm sure anyone who was online at the time knew who you were talking about,even some not online smile. My defensive posting was in response to Decius, and if you couldn't tell yet,we don't get along very well. We both view each other as the most toxic people in the game, and who knows, maybe because our bickering,were both right.
I don't hold you personally responsible for the actions on Rawn, Rynnik, or Phyllain. I just judge you by the company you keep. And the actions that you personally take.
You are a Troll
Palmer
Just pointing out that the PVP here seemed pretty much what it is in other open PVP games. Not different or better than anything out there. Just the same old crap despite some pretty write ups and early blogs.

And that is why the game is worse for having the EoX players in it. They want to play at harvesting tears and we want to play an open world fantasy sandbox game.
Hobson Fiffledown
You're both right! Happy happy!

A Fantasy Sandbox
Open World PvP

Here ya go - https://goblinworks.com/pathfinder-online/

[meh, whole bunch of deleted stuff… yay coffee]

What GW really does need to work on is new player communication. The biggest root complaint from new players comes from lack of information. I did not know, I did not expect, why is it like this, what do I do, and the like are all the most common questions that come from new players. Even new players who do a lot of research can be thrown-off when landing in the game.

Forced splash pages maybe? Big annoying help screens on your first 20 logins? Most of the information is out there, and the community is helpful in getting them over the humps (grouping, information, equipment…even ahem, replacement equipment), but it's an uphill battle with a player already angered by something in the game. A reminder that the game can be very dangerous and that there is no PvP allowed in the Thornkeep hexes should be splashed everywhere.

GW, why don't you just make Thornkeep a walled city? Wall off the three star hexes and don't let any new players out until they have logged X hours on that character. Even better, gate it with achievements. Move the no PvP hexes to three gate hexes outside of TK (avoiding eventual gate campers). Force new players to play with all of the basic stuff for a while, it will also give them access to chat with the community for a while before they get in too far over their heads.
This space for rent.
Azure_Zero
Let's try to get back on topic of Keepside chat,

we can put the newcomer experience and how to improve it into another thread.
Bob
Preliminary release notes for 11.2 posted here. Lots of juicy issues to discuss at the Keepside chat. Post your questions here.
Garric Orcsbane
Will there be an Azlanti Stone for the gathering of heroes.
Mistwalker
By any chance have you looked at the loot table for Ghostwood Splint armor?
All kinds of T3 armor recipes are dropping, but to my knowledge, only 3 of those have dropped.
Strange RNG run, or perhaps bugged?

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post