Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

EE 11.2 Preliminary Release Notes

Decius
Caldeathe Baequiannia
It will, however, only give you more if you use power for more than 4 hours at a stretch. If you can't stand sitting in one place fighting mobs for three hours without a break, you'll get substantially less for your $200.00. But think of it this way, you could have bought a tavern…..
Since any excess over your max was wasted, you probably get 4x as much power over long times, and more than you used to after only 1 hour.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Decius
Caldeathe Baequiannia
It will, however, only give you more if you use power for more than 4 hours at a stretch. If you can't stand sitting in one place fighting mobs for three hours without a break, you'll get substantially less for your $200.00. But think of it this way, you could have bought a tavern…..
Since any excess over your max was wasted, you probably get 4x as much power over long times, and more than you used to after only 1 hour.
That's utterly untrue. Except for at very low levels I never saw anyone bother to recharge when they lost more than 10-15%. Barring people who want to kill mobs for several hours at a time, this has absolutely reduced the usefulness and value of Smallholdings.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Decius
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Decius
Caldeathe Baequiannia
That's utterly untrue. Except for at very low levels I never saw anyone bother to recharge when they lost more than 10-15%. Barring people who want to kill mobs for several hours at a time, this has absolutely reduced the usefulness and value of Smallholdings.

When small holdings recharges all of your power, it didn't make sense to use them until you were out. Now that they restore half(?), it makes sense to use them as soon as they wont overcharge, and then either every hour or when they won't overcharge, whichever is later.
Edam
Decius
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Decius
Caldeathe Baequiannia

When small holdings recharges all of your power, it didn't make sense to use them until you were out. Now that they restore half(?), it makes sense to use them as soon as they wont overcharge, and then either every hour or when they won't overcharge, whichever is later.

In the case of buff/heal clerics who burn through a substantial amount of power on party buffs every tough escalation fight it is actually more likely to result in running a character for half an hour or so then logging out for half an hour while the timer resets and using a second character for the second half of the hour, rinse and repeat.
Tyncale
Lots of good changes, though I am missing the beefing up of Archers. smile

About the Smallholding change: I think they will be slightly less useful now for me personally, since in order to get the same return of power in a session I would have to play at least 3-4 hours and my sessions were usually more like 1-2 hour.

This is assuming I start at full power, am empty after an hour(my personal experience), get a complete refill, then play another hour untill empty, then return home and park at Inn. However this is a particular (solo) situation so it could be actually beneficial for others (groups, lower levels, longer play sessions).

TBH, my expectations about the usefulnes of Smallholdings and Camps are a lot higher then what they offer currently so I can't be too bothered about the changes now. I hope their utility will get expanded in the (far) future.
Regalo Harnoncourt, Leader of the River Kingdoms Trading Company, High Council of Callambea.
This is the character that I am playing almost 100% of the time. (Tyncale is my Sage/Mage)
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Decius
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Decius
Caldeathe Baequiannia

For plenty of us, a single recharge when near empty after an hour or two was about all the time we had to devote to shooting pixels at other pixels. But hey, every time the devs prove MMORPG.com folks are right that I'm just a stupid fan-boy who will keep throwing money at them so I can take it up the *** it's a good thing for the game, right?

I always appreciate knowing where I stand in relation to the same squeaky wheels that have nothing better to do than farm mobs for 3 or 4 hours at a time.
Drogon
I think the smallholding changes are not good for the healers that use a substantial amount of power because the focus healing got nerfed and the only good heals come from spells. This should be addressed. No one wants to be limited to a 30 minute play session before they have to go find a tavern. Maybe placing the player made camps fire on a separate cooldown is a potential solution? Or instead of only 1/3rd power at smallholdings every hour make it 1/2 power every hour. Or reduce the amount of power needed for heal spells… There has to be a balanced solution so as not to drive our healers from the game….
HpoD - "I have, however, sat and watched as others took things more personally (on both sides) and became zealots, charging forward on a shining white horse into a pile of shit. Forum Warriors at their peak, striding the battlefield knee deep in the bloody, broken arguments of their adversaries before the burning village of their credibility….Chill guys. "
Paddy Fitzpatrick
I think the solution to nerfed smallholdings is pretty obvious…

Moar camps. Build camps with engineers, lay em down and use em. I think it is good they decreased cool down. Frankly it gives stuff you make in game more worthwhile even if it comes at the slight expense of a paid item. You still get all the storage goodness of a smallholding. It is not like they are completely worthless.

Overall, love what I'm seeing here on the notes. Can't wait to see how the game dynamic changes because of it.
Paddy Fitzpatrick - Rí Ruírec of Fianna, roaming bands of noble warriors!
Member of the Kathalpas Coalition and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.
Find us on PFO Discord
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Besides, with people racing to get the pot of T3 gold at the end of the escalation so to speak, I bet those smallholdings will really be handy in making sure you don't lose em as easily to a gank squad. Flip side is said gank squad or some roaming bandits will know to camp a smallholding knowing they got a chance for T3 stuffs. Plus side of camps is well, no storage, no loot. Keeps the bandits off ya.

Gotta think bigger picture here.
Paddy Fitzpatrick - Rí Ruírec of Fianna, roaming bands of noble warriors!
Member of the Kathalpas Coalition and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.
Find us on PFO Discord
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Paddy Fitzpatrick
I think the solution to nerfed smallholdings is pretty obvious…

Moar camps.
Because the way to make up for people's $200.00 purchase being worth less is to make them worth even less?

They haven't even given us the things they promised (and are still promising) on the store page, and already the value for many users is being reduced

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post