Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

EE 11.2 Preliminary Release Notes

Duffy Swiftshadow
Value is kinda relative though and balance will always reign supreme. For me personally this change is close to irrelevant value wise. I think I have 3 of them now and I barely use them for the power component even tho one of them moves with our primary escalation group. Adding a mule door would drastically increase the value to me personally more than anything else I can think of.

Personal values aside, it's convenient to have a smallholding, but it shouldn't be the best option. That kinda falls right into the danger of P2W territory. I'm happier that campfires might actually be a lot more useful now, you can safely store them in your smallholding until needed or rely on your smaller amount of 'free' power from the smallholding.

If your abusing power regen mechanics to solo content that isn't really designed to be done that way then yea, it's gonna be inconvenient. But doing such things kinda always should be somewhat inconvenient one way or another.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Duffy Swiftshadow
If your abusing power regen mechanics to solo content that isn't really designed to be done that way then yea, it's gonna be inconvenient.
That line is bullshit, Duffy. A person who is happy to only use their power regen once every four hours is far less likely to be abusing it than someone who wants to use it every hour.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Zax
Drogon
I think the smallholding changes are not good for the healers that use a substantial amount of power because the focus healing got nerfed and the only good heals come from spells. This should be addressed. No one wants to be limited to a 30 minute play session before they have to go find a tavern. Maybe placing the player made camps fire on a separate cooldown is a potential solution? Or instead of only 1/3rd power at smallholdings every hour make it 1/2 power every hour. Or reduce the amount of power needed for heal spells… There has to be a balanced solution so as not to drive our healers from the game….

+1

Caldeathe Baequiannia
Paddy Fitzpatrick
I think the solution to nerfed smallholdings is pretty obvious…

Moar camps.
Because the way to make up for people's $200.00 purchase being worth less is to make them worth even less?

They haven't even given us the things they promised (and are still promising) on the store page, and already the value for many users is being reduced

+1

After already having healing nerfed, now power regen is nerfed. Do you not want healers in the game? We are already a small population in any game and you are not making it any more attractive….
Duffy Swiftshadow
Don't forget the craft-able ones are supposed to be waaaaay better and use-able more often to offset the smallholding change.
Duffy Swiftshadow
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Duffy Swiftshadow
If your abusing power regen mechanics to solo content that isn't really designed to be done that way then yea, it's gonna be inconvenient.
That line is bullshit, Duffy. A person who is happy to only use their power regen once every four hours is far less likely to be abusing it than someone who wants to use it every hour.

If a smallholding trivialized power regen for a particularly reasonable play session then it's a broken mechanic. We talked about this in the other thread and I believe several people, yourself included, thought we used expendables too much. If you didn't care you spent power because you were getting a refill once (so 2 full power bars) before your session ended then power mechanics weren't actually a limitation. Whereas a group that's going for a few hours runs into problems after two-ish hours. That seems imbalanced, especially when escalations are designed to take several hours (at least 4 in the coming patch) and done by a group.

The balance for such resources is going to be based around some expected play session length and anyone outside of or below that session time might have problems. It looks like they are fixing it for the multi hour sessions and nerfing the Smallholding regen for the shorter sessions while buffing consumable campfires to actually be, well, usable. I just can't get mad at them for fixing what would have clearly been a Pay to Win scenario if the Smallholdings were left untouched.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
I haven't bothered to use my smallholding in weeks because they are already not worth it and it isn't worth the effort of finding where it is. I never solo anything bigger than a single purple ogre, and almost never use power to do it. I tried to create a cleric early on that would focus on healing and buffing my team, and it rapidly became apparent it was worthless for anything but tanking while others do the actual work. You are pushing motives onto other people.
Duffy Swiftshadow

Caldeathe Baequiannia
For plenty of us, a single recharge when near empty after an hour or two was about all the time we had to devote to shooting pixels at other pixels. But hey, every time the devs prove MMORPG.com folks are right that I'm just a stupid fan-boy who will keep throwing money at them so I can take it up the *** it's a good thing for the game, right?

I always appreciate knowing where I stand in relation to the same squeaky wheels that have nothing better to do than farm mobs for 3 or 4 hours at a time.

Caldeathe Baequiannia
Because the way to make up for people's $200.00 purchase being worth less is to make them worth even less?

They haven't even given us the things they promised (and are still promising) on the store page, and already the value for many users is being reduced

Caldeathe Baequiannia
I haven't bothered to use my smallholding in weeks because they are already not worth it and it isn't worth the effort of finding where it is. I never solo anything bigger than a single purple ogre, and almost never use power to do it. I tried to create a cleric early on that would focus on healing and buffing my team, and it rapidly became apparent it was worthless for anything but tanking while others do the actual work. You are pushing motives onto other people.

[Slight editing for length]

If you don't use it and aren't doing any of the scenarios you're hinting at, than what are you talking about in all those posts? Things that no one is doing? Are those just random expectations that don't reflect any actual in-game uses? If so I guess instead we should be talking about where those expectations came from and if they're reasonable or not themselves, or in reference to other mechanics.

I'm confused about how to discuss this if nothing is valid or useful under any conditions, but your mad about the change anyways.
Smitty
@Bob
OOOO forgot to ask this last night…

What is the Fallow time for a hex that has a T3 escalation killed off?
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Duffy Swiftshadow
Caldeathe Baequiannia
For plenty of us, a single recharge when near empty after an hour or two was about all the time we had to devote to shooting pixels at other pixels. But hey, every time the devs prove MMORPG.com folks are right that I'm just a stupid fan-boy who will keep throwing money at them so I can take it up the *** it's a good thing for the game, right?

I always appreciate knowing where I stand in relation to the same squeaky wheels that have nothing better to do than farm mobs for 3 or 4 hours at a time.

Caldeathe Baequiannia

Caldeathe Baequiannia

[Slight editing for length]

If you don't use it and aren't doing any of the scenarios you're hinting at, than what are you talking about in all those posts? Things that no one is doing? Are those just random expectations that don't reflect any actual in-game uses? If so I guess instead we should be talking about where those expectations came from and if they're reasonable or not themselves, or in reference to other mechanics.

I'm confused about how to discuss this if nothing is valid or useful under any conditions, but your mad about the change anyways.
Nice try. There is no paradox in saying that something was already not worth what it cost and now is less so.

Every one of those comments is, at its heart, a general comment on the direction of the development, and how the developers respond to squeaky wheels, not about my specific circumstances. They throw out changes in response to loud voices claiming that everything is broken and the world will end if their pet change isn't implemented right now, combined with a healthy reminders about how "if you don't play the game we want to, then you're playing it wrong and no one should have to pay attention to your needs."

The smallholdings were mostly so not worth it that I'm not bothering to use mine, (my choice) and now they are worth even less to me, but are more useful for people who can afford to spend 4 consecutive hours hunting mobs. Yay!

Duffy Swiftshadow
I'm just talking about on a single pull of a challenging escalation. You will need to heal, which means you use power, which means after 20-30ish minutes of fighting good sized pulls you're probably out of power and down a few potions
Some of us manage to go through an entire hour or two of play without using expendables or potions, but we're clearly not the right kind of players.
Smitty
Smitty
@Bob
OOOO forgot to ask this last night…

What is the Fallow time for a hex that has a T3 escalation killed off?

In conjunction with thus any thoughts of making all fallow times 24 hours while escalations aren't spreading.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post