Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

looking for a team

Lucius
Bringslite
Ma3gor
hello im new and no idea what to do, looking for a group or something lol.

Hi Ma3gor,

Lets make this easy for you.
Ingame go to upper left corner of screen. Click the left most tower icon. In the search line type Staalgard. From results, click on Staalgard High Council. In the right hand window the company will pop up. Simply click "apply".

Give us a shot with no strings attached. We will train you, answer questions, gear you, and show you around without obligations on your part. If you decide to stay, great! If you want to move on, no hard feelings and all you have to do is enter /vcleave staalgard high council. We just want another person to catch "the fever" and stay in the game.

This is a new player city. You can get in at the beginning and help build it up. Great location north of the start zone(Thorn Keep) and a miner and crafter and monster slayer's paradise.

Hope to see your App soon!

Bringslite

Not cool man, not cool at all. That there is one of the sketchiest recruitment attempts this side of those who will not be named.
Maxen
I'm not going to defend Bringslite's recruitment strategy, but the subject of this topic is 'looking for a team' and Bringslite offered a solution just as others have suggested doing some research and finding a good fit for playstyle.

Ultimately, the next step is up to Ma3gor (adding that the resources for identifying active settlements is woefully out of date.) My recommendation would be for active settlements to update their information on the Player Groups and Settlement threads. I'd also ask the GW staff to consider updating the Goblinworks Settlements page.
Lucius
A similar pitch was offered to me a few minutes after I was first up and running around luckily I stuck with the game and moved onto another group even before the great slowdown…alot of the others that got gobbled by the same pitch did not and if they came back would find no one to play with. Seeing such again leaves a bad taste in my mouth sorry if I offend but once was enough.

Besides anyone stickin here at this point gonna turn down first chance at a fresh recruit?
Maxen
Probably not. And just wait until the next release when you can 'cut and paste' into the chat windows. A recruiter's dream! smile
Stilachio Thrax
Lucius
A similar pitch was offered to me a few minutes after I was first up and running around luckily I stuck with the game and moved onto another group even before the great slowdown…alot of the others that got gobbled by the same pitch did not and if they came back would find no one to play with. Seeing such again leaves a bad taste in my mouth sorry if I offend but once was enough.

Besides anyone stickin here at this point gonna turn down first chance at a fresh recruit?

Given Bringslite has been in the game since EE started (he may have even been in Alpha) and Staalgard is being built up by established players who are part of a larger established alliance, your concern is unfounded. It's unfortunate you feel burned by your experience, but you shouldn't call out someone recruiting without knowing them and their group.

Given the OP is actually looking for a group, and he didn't give a lot of specifics about what he is looking for, I don't see anything wrong with making a pitch to him. If he mentioned more specifics in his post, it might have made sense to direct him to a like-minded group.
Virtus et Honor

Steward of Ozem's Vigil, Lord Commander of the Argyraspides Iomedais
Lucius
Stilachio Thrax
Lucius

Given Bringslite has been in the game since EE started (he may have even been in Alpha) and Staalgard is being built up by established players who are part of a larger established alliance, your concern is unfounded. It's unfortunate you feel burned by your experience, but you shouldn't call out someone recruiting without knowing them and their group.

Yall want all recruiting to boil down to don't worry about it just join us? Age matters not a damn lots of players still around from the start some of them aint all that great people but I doubt for one moment they think theyre the villain or doers of lesser wrongs. Try looking at a post like that as an outsider and see how that sorta recruitment attitude comes across. Not saying ya are as were close to neighbors and ive even ran with a few of ya but if someone were yer greatest enemy how would ya feel seeing that sort of recruitment post? Take the rest of us into consideration instead of just yer buddies.
Stilachio Thrax
Lucius
Stilachio Thrax
Lucius

Yall want all recruiting to boil down to don't worry about it just join us? Age matters not a damn lots of players still around from the start some of them aint all that great people but I doubt for one moment they think theyre the villain or doers of lesser wrongs. Try looking at a post like that as an outsider and see how that sorta recruitment attitude comes across. Not saying ya are as were close to neighbors and ive even ran with a few of ya but if someone were yer greatest enemy how would ya feel seeing that sort of recruitment post? Take the rest of us into consideration instead of just yer buddies.

If the OP said he was interested in banditry, I would have mentioned he look at Fianna. If he mentioned wanting to play the villain and PK, I'd recommend some of the groups in EoX. If he wanted to be a mercenary or bounty hunter, I'd have him talk to Duffy. But he didn't mention those kinds of things, and the advice given boiled down to look into the various groups on this outdated list. BL gave him an offer to play with established players and get some help starting out. I have no idea if it was accepted, but I have no doubt that if the OP was better suited in another group, BL would have no reservation in helping him get to where he would best fit in.

Addressing the bold, it wouldn't bother me if group I considered an enemy made a recruiting pitch to someone they felt fit with them. Heck, I've seen it happen a bunch of times throughout EE. However, I might make a counter-pitch if they would fit in with my group as well.
Virtus et Honor

Steward of Ozem's Vigil, Lord Commander of the Argyraspides Iomedais
Lucius
But he didnt and ya didnt offer options yerself either. What was done matters not what might happen or could have happened. What was publicly said was come join us, nothing to worry about, we got free stuff, sure ya can always leave. Things that are true for any group still playing. Nothing about the recruiting group was said, nothing about others or how the general community is split up was said. Just a bunch of words anyone could say and might get a body in the door. Exactly like my experience by players just as old. Lets not pretend that such techniques arent used to take advantage of new people and its hard to tell the difference from the outside. Now I wont say a one off occasion like this has dropped anyone in mine eyes but if it becomes a thing I would have to say I would be disappointed.
Bringslite
Lucius
But he didnt and ya didnt offer options yerself either. What was done matters not what might happen or could have happened. What was publicly said was come join us, nothing to worry about, we got free stuff, sure ya can always leave. Things that are true for any group still playing. Nothing about the recruiting group was said, nothing about others or how the general community is split up was said. Just a bunch of words anyone could say and might get a body in the door. Exactly like my experience by players just as old. Lets not pretend that such techniques arent used to take advantage of new people and its hard to tell the difference from the outside. Now I wont say a one off occasion like this has dropped anyone in mine eyes but if it becomes a thing I would have to say I would be disappointed.

Your problem with my post is…. your problem. I have spent many hours helping new players and even giving away gear by the metric ton. Some got some gear, some questions answered, and some advice including applying to groups other than those in the alliance that I belong to. I don't expect special recognition. Just giving another new player an option. Once we spend time with him, we would (as would he) know if he fits.

If the OP had come on here and written something more like "Hi I'm new. What is all this about? How does this stuff work? What should I be doing?" my response would have been: "Come to our teamspeak. I'll help you out and you need not join at all." I've done it probably 50+ times that way.

He came here and wrote "Looking for a team" though. Get yourself a cool drink and plz think before you write condescending things.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Paddy Fitzpatrick
OK so butting in because I like to not mind my own business…

On one hand I know brings well enough to say he generally isn't like whoever the heck was guilty of whatever this Lucius guy was talking about. Maybe some group I haven't met yet or a relic from before my time or something I dunno. Cause that's pretty damn serious accusation there cause that sort of thing is some old bullshit IMO. I havent seen the domion guilty of it though for the most part. I talk to others and I do know the dominion guys have tried to redirect the new guys elsewhere. He ain't a totally bad guy Lucius.

On the flip side, I can see where this dude's objection came from cause well, I had read the OP as looking for group to party up with not looking for guild. That's why I asked what timezone the dude was in rather than asking either "what kinds guild ya lookin for?", "Join my guild because sales pitch!", or " click here to join the 'party' that also happens to be signing up for my faction but you don't need to think about that yet."

If the new player doesn't get that you are saying to sign up for their faction before telling them what your faction is (or thst this is what the player is in faxt doing), well, yeah I can see where someone else can get that idea that they are trying to herd new players into their own settlement before new players realize what's going on. It does come off pretty shady but again, I know in general you aren't that kinda shady guy (you just need to tell your faction to learn how to let loose and live a little lol). It came off all wrong but I think brings can be given the benefit of the doubt this time around.

Just don't do it again smile
Paddy Fitzpatrick - Rí Ruírec of Fianna, roaming bands of noble warriors!
Member of the Kathalpas Coalition and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.
Find us on PFO Discord

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post