Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

looking for a team

Bringslite
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Yeah I know and get all that. Let's face it anytime any of is recruit we all kinds come off like creepy boyfriends these days cause this game is so starved for players that we see any hint of new player activity and go "OMG RECRUIT!" Can't entirely blame us cause well, this game does need to jump start the population in some major way. There ain't much we can do to control that. I know we mean well here despite that so again let's give the benefit of the doubt.

My only thing was that we can do some things to alleviate the creepiness a bit. I was saying before how i can see both sides of the argument, not sure if folks got that from my last post. I was trying to say earlier it could have been worded better or just to wait until the guy expressed some more explicit interest in joining a spot. I had no problem with a recruitment pitch, just that there were a few crticisms I had, mainly…

- Didn't say who Staalgard was with, or who Brings represented beforehand. Personally I say ya gotta be up front about who ya are. It's important in any group, and personally from a group like mine where there is a high level of risk not saying who we are and then our new guy wondering why they are being treated like a common criminal would be a very very bad, intentional or not.

- Saying Staalgard was a new player city. Now I am guessing this meant that this is a city where we wanna have new players from the Dominion go to help them better rather than suggesting that this is a neutral starter city that is unaffiliated but that needed to be more clear. A new player ain't gonna know that. I do cause I know brings pretty well but some random dude may totally get the wrong idea and think "ah cool a newbie settlement." when it is a faction which, while they got good people, they have a specific type of RP and specific styles of play and expectations. This is even more important when ya consider the in game politics. Which faction you pick in this game has a lot of political import too ya know. Again, goes back to just being up front about it when throwing out the sales pitch. I didn't get that vibe from it.

- It's…also not that close to TK, lol. Forgeholm is closer and frankly Aragon isn't much further out, maybe by a few hexes tops. smile

That was it though. Again, don't care that it was a pitch, just, trying to help improve for next time that is all.

Paddy. You are making mountains from mole hills and making things entirely too complicated. What I did back up there is read the OP differently than you did(and maybe diff than most, don't know) and offered some advice that was different than what had already been answered. I included the name of a company and the name of a new settlement. It might just be interesting for newer players to join a new settlement, participate in the stuff to build it up and gain that sense that they were there from it's earliest phase.

Also included was the command instruction for leaving any company at any time. It is obvious that you do not approve of even the remotest type of recruitment by the way that you exaggerate anyone's attempt to recruit. I admit that I was a bit like that in the very first few months that the game became persistent.

What REALLY might be a better way to go about things is to simply offer the name/s of any companies that you would like to get more members for. Do it in a non slanderous way. Don't attack others in gen chat or anywhere. Don't try and wreck their pitches but try your own.

You will go many more "miles" by just recruiting for yourself instead of trying to hamper anyone else.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Paddy Fitzpatrick
- It's…also not that close to TK, lol. Forgeholm is closer and frankly Aragon isn't much further out, maybe by a few hexes tops. smile
Forgeholm is eight hexes out by the shortest path, to Staalgard's six. I also didn't say they were the closest, I said there wasn't anyone closer (which I wouldn't have said if PFU was currently a bit more active), and that you could do worse.

Aragon is also convenient, especially for having the Broken Men Home hex (vs the Low level Goblin escalation by Staalgard and Forgeholm). Either is a pretty convenient location.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Harad Navar
Ma3gor, is this making any sense to you?
Knowledge can explain the darkness, but it is not a light.
Bringslite
Harad Navar

Who is Ma3gor? smile
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Harad Navar
Bringslite
Harad Navar

Who is Ma3gor? smile
Author of OP
Bringslite
Harad Navar
Bringslite
Harad Navar

Who is Ma3gor? smile
Author of OP

Was being sarcastic. We did leave the poor OP out of the picture quite a ways back, which I am not proud of my part in.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Harad Navar
Bringslite
Was being sarcastic. We did leave the poor OP out of the picture quite a ways back, which I am not proud of my part in.

Ah, the curse of being literal.
Paddy Fitzpatrick
smile
Paddy Fitzpatrick - Rí Ruírec of Fianna, roaming bands of noble warriors!
Member of the Kathalpas Coalition and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.
Find us on PFO Discord
Midnight
What I READ:

Bringslite
Ma3gor
hello im new and no idea what to do, looking for a group or something lol.

Hi Ma3gor,

Lets make this easy for you.

What I HEAR:

So what are you, a size 10?

…It puts the lotion on its skin.
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Bringslite
Well I do declare! A girl still can't let a fellow know she is sweet on him without a big fuss? It is 4716 for Abadars's Sake!
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post