Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

What's the Deal with Early Access - article

Ravenlute
Linkage!
Myl - Herald of Stone Bear Clan (Tavernhold)
"You can walk into Tavernhold but a horse will have to carry you out."
Thorgrim Foegrinder
The way PFO is described in that article is how you would describe a game where the lights have been turned off and the servers are unreachable. That is not the case, clearly. I still have hope, and I'm sure a lot of other people who are still around feel the same way.
[Sylva] is the premier Nature based settlement in Pathfinder Online. We're a family that has come together through the game, and we're one of the most active settlements currently. We have a solid roleplaying foundation and are a home to those who both love and hate PvP.

[The Seventh Veil] is a meta-game group with members in several different settlements. We've created many guides and spreadsheets for the game that are referenced by hundreds of players on a daily basis and we maintain multiple websites like [Goblinary.com], [The Storehouse], and [The Unofficial PFO Atlas] to make information more readily available. The Seventh Veil promotes positive game play at all times.
Bringslite
Thorgrim Foegrinder
The way PFO is described in that article is how you would describe a game where the lights have been turned off and the servers are unreachable. That is not the case, clearly. I still have hope, and I'm sure a lot of other people who are still around feel the same way.

Yeah. GW took a hit but it didn't "go under" and that isn't really responsible journalism to say that it did. Honestly, it isn't worth trying to post anything on the MMORPG site. You just plain get buried. I left it alone.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Decius
Pathfinder Online is a text book example of falling short of what is an acceptable MVP when taking a leap of faith.

That one sentence is a pretty objectively fair summary. Describing Goblinworks as "gone under" is subjective and I have a feeling there would be a lot of sentences starting with "Technically, …" if the matter were to be discussed.

That site has always had a visible bias against PFO though; here it was called out despite not being on Steam (after a discussion of how easy it was to game Greenlight), and irrelevant details added. That goes beyond "they didn't give us part of their marketing budget so let's give them a hatchet job" reporting.
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Ya know, just for the hell of it I just read some of their other reviews and stumbled on Dark Souls 2. So while anyone who has played it has their view I found one of the things this lulzy reviewer marked the game off as 7/10 for aesthetics because it was last generation and dedicated a section lamenting on how it didn't look like PS4 graphics due to being a PS3 game. Now the game had its issues but…PS4 had not even come out yet when Dark Souls 2 was made and would not come out for some time so what kind of respectable reviewer holds that against s game? Irony was they did do a PS4/XBox One release sometime after the consoles came out anyway.

Yeah…these MMORPG people don't know what they're talking about. The game was current gen when it was made so marking off points in your review for being last gen is pretty stupid. Just cause you played the game when PS4 came out and missed the initial release doesn't make that the fault of the game.

http://www.mmorpg.com/mobile/reviews.cfm?read=313&game=1012&ismb=1
Paddy Fitzpatrick - Rí Ruírec of Fianna, roaming bands of noble warriors!
Member of the Kathalpas Coalition and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.
Find us on PFO Discord
Duffy Swiftshadow
Eh I know it's a popular site but they never struck me as the least bit professional or thorough. More of a hobby/fanboy site that turned into a bigger thing over time but never really got to a quality level to reflect that growth. It's a good place to go reinforce your views if they line up with most of the content generators there, but it's kinda worthless overall.

That article isn't too bad overall, little weak on details but the premise and conclusion is good. Ironically the conclusion of the article is being ignored in most of the comments which is kinda funny.
Edam
The fact the writer bemoans the fact that the heyday of the AAA blockbuster huge budget game is passing is enough to tell what stance he is going to take.
Ravenlute
When I see something regarding PFO come up in my Twitter feed I like to check it out and post it for you folks to see. Good or bad, it's a reference and knowledge of these things is always a plus.

I really hope we get some New Corp news soon…
Myl - Herald of Stone Bear Clan (Tavernhold)
"You can walk into Tavernhold but a horse will have to carry you out."
Decius
So, Obsidian is going to be busy for a couple of months squashing bugs on the Pathfinder Adventures app. Any speculation on whether they are interested in getting deeper into the Pathfinder liscenced product business?
kandorius
Decius
So, Obsidian is going to be busy for a couple of months squashing bugs on the Pathfinder Adventures app. Any speculation on whether they are interested in getting deeper into the Pathfinder liscenced product business?

Good call! (but please don't let PFO become pay to win!)

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post