Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

What's the Deal with Early Access - article

Hobson Fiffledown
Heh, unlock the permanent Ustilav legends in your settlement's monster hex now for only $24.99!
This space for rent.
Decius
$25 for the AP was reasonable. I'm advocating that the base set of cards should be included in that price as well. Or at least be deterministically purchasable.
Edam
Hobson Fiffledown
Heh, unlock the permanent Ustilav legends in your settlement's monster hex now for only $24.99!

no no … for that price you win a roll for a "random" T3 recipe, though for some reason you always get a level 14 apothecary extract with no known use.
Gagnrath
Decius
So, Obsidian is going to be busy for a couple of months squashing bugs on the Pathfinder Adventures app. Any speculation on whether they are interested in getting deeper into the Pathfinder liscenced product business?

And guess what engine is powering the Pathfinder Adventure Card game app…..yup, Unity.

Edit: Pillars of Eternity (also by Obsidian) too!

(and crowfall)
Midnight
Unity is probably appropriate for a card game.

The jury is still out on Unity 4 and an MMORPG.
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Seraph
I think there's a very good chance that Obsidian is NewCorp. But in my book that's a good thing – KotOR II, Neverwinter Nights 2, and Fallout New Vegas are some of my favorite RPGs.
Seraph
Cleric of Sarenrae
Brighthaven
Edam
NWN 2 Offline/Single Player was ridiculously easy to exploit. Casting Light on every bit of junk making it super valuable, wizard spells that stacked and vaporized anything that hit you, especially useful in locations with continuous spawning low levels where you could go AFK and make coffee and come back to a chunk of XP.

Some of the user created Perpetual Worlds were challenging though. I never got above level 10 on Richterm Retreat (Nordock) Difficult (compared to max difficulty offline, you did half damage, mobs did double, loot was nerfed and you had to pay cash to level up) back around 2002/2003 while we had a Drow clan there.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post