Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Armor capped at 12 keywords?

Duffy Swiftshadow
Hmmm for some weird reason I thought Healer was a Light armor, that totally changes a build I was looking at.
Azure_Zero
Same, I thought it would have it as a level 14 Keyword.
Was also surprised and saddened when crusader did not have Medium as it's level 14 Keyword…..
Duffy Swiftshadow
Yea I was really baffled by the T3 cleric 14 words switching to something like Adamantine and losing some minor keywords for … idk what trade off.
Azure_Zero
Yeah, a alternate +0 minor Keyword gives 3 more armours (one for each Tier)(Same would be true with a +1 minor Keyword)
While the Alternate T3 keyword gives one more armour at the T3 tier.

And T2 is SUPPOSED to be are bread and butter…..
So Which one is more useful……

And level 14 Armour is LEVEL freaking 20, They should have it that the LAST level gives BOTH a Alternate T3 Keyword AND an Alternate +0 or +1 minor keyword
Bob
Duffy Swiftshadow
Yea I was really baffled by the T3 cleric 14 words switching to something like Adamantine and losing some minor keywords for … idk what trade off.

The cleric armor feats at rank 14 should just be adding a keyword (Adamantine for Crusader, Heavy for Evangelist, and Truesilver for Healer), not losing any minor keywords. The new keywords are thrown into the middle of the list, presumably for prioritization. That does make it harder to compare rank 13 to rank 14, but I'm not seeing any lost keywords in the spreadsheets.

Azure_Zero
Bob the problem is that the Keyword given at Rank 14 effects HOW many More armours you NOW have access to.
a +0 or +1 Minor opens 3 more armours
A T3 keyword only opens up one in the expensive end…
Duffy Swiftshadow
Bob
Duffy Swiftshadow

The cleric armor feats at rank 14 should just be adding a keyword (Adamantine for Crusader, Heavy for Evangelist, and Truesilver for Healer), not losing any minor keywords. The new keywords are thrown into the middle of the list, presumably for prioritization. That does make it harder to compare rank 13 to rank 14, but I'm not seeing any lost keywords in the spreadsheets.

Sorry, I'm not being clear language wise. The armors that match that new Admantine keyword for Crusader 14 have 1 less Minor matching keyword for Crusader. But the the heavy armors themselves don't seem to be any different (at least right now) so getting that Adamantine word is of no real benefit at the moment and doing it to get access to a cheaper armor albeit with a bit of penalty is fairly XP expensive. Compared to the cases where the armor feat gets a different weight classification and can still get all the minor keywords to match but with different resistances. I haven't done a thorough comparison of all the armors and the keyword matches yet, but I'll add it to my keyword matching sheets in the next few days and have a better idea of what matches what and at what ranks.
Bob
Duffy Swiftshadow
Sorry, I'm not being clear language wise. The armors that match that new Admantine keyword for Crusader 14 have 1 less Minor matching keyword for Crusader. But the the heavy armors themselves don't seem to be any different (at least right now) so getting that Adamantine word is of no real benefit at the moment and doing it to get access to a cheaper armor albeit with a bit of penalty is fairly XP expensive. Compared to the cases where the armor feat gets a different weight classification and can still get all the minor keywords to match but with different resistances. I haven't done a thorough comparison of all the armors and the keyword matches yet, but I'll add it to my keyword matching sheets in the next few days and have a better idea of what matches what and at what ranks.

Ah, that makes sense. I suspect we either intended to flesh that out with more armor choices eventually, or there's supposed to be some additional benefit to Adamantine armor that we don't currently have implemented.
Edam
Duffy Swiftshadow
Hmmm for some weird reason I thought Healer was a Light armor, that totally changes a build I was looking at.

Wright is the light armor healing feat and WIS is a gating option.

Level 13 of Wright with an Adamantine Shirt +3 gives you:
+7 Regeneration
+30 to heavy melee attacks
+30 to light melee attacks
Hit Points +1200
Fortitude Defense Bonus +36
Reflex Defense Bonus +12
Will Defense Bonus +12
Bleeding Recovery Bonus +12
Exhausted Recovery Bonus +12
Razed Recovery Bonus +12
Power +264
( Plus a few crafter/freeholder bonuses )

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post