Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Crafting Queue

Azure_Zero
Put your opinions on crafting queues here, an not in a topic on Holdings
Edam
To reiterate my personal very biased opinion:

1. Extra queues are not that necessary just yet but no harm talking about how they eventually will work
  2. I am in favor of eventually getting extra queues when the population merits it
  3. There should only ever be one (insert Highlander reference) queue per character per craft/refine skill. If you already have a queue running for a skill, no second queue will be available that same skill but you can craft some other type of item.
  4. Extra queues in the same settlement should need a skill
  5. Extra queues at holding above a certain level is worth considering
  6. Extra queues at allied settlements once we have alliances is worth considering
Decius
I'd think that never more than one queue per hex, with a maximum concurrent determined by a 'manager' skill.
Azure_Zero
I think the ONE queue per character is fine as is now and later.

IF there is to be an increase in number of queue(s), I think that ONE EXTRA queue should locked to ONE refine/Craft, and forever locks it out of the primary queue.
Edam
Azure_Zero
I think the ONE queue per character is fine as is now and later.

IF there is to be an increase in number of queue(s), I think that ONE EXTRA queue should locked to ONE refine/Craft, and forever locks it out of the primary queue.

Extra queues is something we were promised right from the very start, even as recent as 6 months ago in discussions with Ryan about things like the month long queues for making many T3 items, it was stated that extra queues were in the pipeline.

Which is not to say this cannot change if extra queues turn out to be a bad idea, but the idea is not just a recent invention of current forum posters.

Personally if:

1. the extra queues cannot be used to make multiples of the same type of item simultaneously
  2. the skill to use them is adequately gated (say at least one ability at 15 and 150 crafting points and potentially expert or commoner level of say 10 if those roles ever exist)

I see no problems with this.

The alternative would be to introduce ways to reduce crafting time on longer items ( my armorsmith is currently make a low T3+2 armor and it is a 29.5 day queue, I assume high T3+3 items will tie up a crafter for 2 months) substantially but that will seriously unbalance the economy.

EDIT:
Azure_Zero

Fair enough but bare in mind most people will lock that "extra queue" to their primary craft anyway.
Bringslite
It really is difficult to give a chance to craft to new players because much of what gets refined now is done with hope of getting +4 or +5 as a result. Much more sensible to handle ALL refining with the highest scored characters.

Why compound that by making T3 crafting TWICE or THRICE as fast as it is now? C'mon guys, give new players a chance to do stuff that they are training to do with enthusiasm.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Edam
In perspective - nobody is suggesting making a change like this soon or even necessarily in the next 12 months it is a discussion about how these previously promised extra queues will work at some distant future time.

This is not a discussion about whether we should get multiple queues in 11.3 or anytime soon.

• Right now- one queue per crafter is plenty and should not change.
  • longterm - in a game where you need to take 2 separate crafts up to T3 to progress AND a T3 queue can extend into months, multiple queues so you can craft two T3 items simultaneously with your alternate T3 craft skill just makes sense

I can fully understand that people that invested real money into multiple accounts in order to multicraft and multirefine may not be happy with the idea that new players with less accounts could achieve the same result with less accounts but people need to take a broader perspective.

For those people like Bringslite with a genuine concern about new crafters, just make it so multi crafting (once introduced in the distant future) cannot be invoked if any queue is below a certain crafter level (no multi crafting items below level 10 refiner/crafter for example).
Azure_Zero
Edam
…..
  • longterm - in a game where you need to take 2 separate crafts up to T3 to progress AND a T3 queue can extend into months, multiple queues so you can craft two T3 items simultaneously with your alternate T3 craft skill just makes sense
…..

See this is WHY a Second Queue should be a NO GO, because T3 is suppose to Take long time and be RARE to have.
Another way of structuring the second queue so the longest to make items aren't stacked in a crafter's queue is
that the queues SPLIT into crafter and refiner, no doubling gear output on one character.
Smitty
Crafting - as always just my opinion..
Should be One que per character - because that is how the Table Top game handles crafting.
The only bottleneck is T3 which should be rare and the decision you make to have your crafter churn out 12 suits of T3 armor over a year is a valid choice compared to the 100 T2 +3 suits you can during the same time frame.. ..
- if you are trying to outfit your entire settlement in T3 armors for any and all that want T3 .. well I hope you understand that is going to take a bunch of crafters.. and to keep the folks that are waiting in line for it in armor.. you can buy it from other settlements or dedicate one person to make T2 +3..
If a 2nd que is to become a thing..
It needs to cost just as much xp as the first que.
It should be a cap stone achievement for reaching rank 20..

It should not be just something everyone can do
If you want to train your armor smith 2 times so you can have 2 ques.. that seems like a reasonable request.. but the idea that it needs to just be available at another town or holding doesn’t make sense to me.
Duffy Swiftshadow
Azure_Zero
Edam
…..
…..

See this is WHY a Second Queue should be a NO GO, because T3 is suppose to Take long time and be RARE to have.
Another way of structuring the second queue so the longest to make items aren't stacked in a crafter's queue is
that the queues SPLIT into crafter and refiner, no doubling gear output on one character.

T3 will still take a long time and it's resources are going to be rarer. The # of people that can make it is not the limiting factor. If another queue is bad then another crafting character is just as bad.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post