Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Crafting Queue

Gagnrath
Agreed - a que is not simply a means of production; it represents a whole long history of interacting with the game. All of those myriad interaction occur (again) with a new crafting character whereas they do not by simply tacking on a second que to an already established character.
Duffy Swiftshadow
The 16+ crafting characters that never left Canis or interacted with anyone disagree.
Azure_Zero
Duffy Swiftshadow
The 16+ crafting characters that never left Canis or interacted with anyone disagree.

They may never of left Canis, but they RELY ON EACH OTHER to get stuff done, THAT IS INTERACTION.
Duffy Swiftshadow
Azure_Zero
Duffy Swiftshadow

They may never of left Canis, but they RELY ON EACH OTHER to get stuff done, THAT IS INTERACTION.

That would be the loosest definition of interaction in my opinion, most of them don't stay logged in for more than a few minutes at a time. It would be the same if they had dual queues…literally nothing would change in their interactions they would just produce more things.

If that person bought another 16 characters would there be more meaningful interaction? I would say no…
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Duffy Swiftshadow
If that person bought another 16 characters would there be more meaningful interaction? I would say no…
there would be a meaningful choice for the player, and a meaningful interaction with the developers in funding them. simply giving each of those 16 another queue helps nobody but that player, and robs other crafters of work that might have gone to them in the absence of the ability.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Caldeathe Baequiannia
It's an important difference to the economy between two crafters vs two queues, that one of them requires two copies of essential recipes. A second queue doubles the output of a single copy of a recipe.
Duffy Swiftshadow
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Duffy Swiftshadow
there would be a meaningful choice for the player, and a meaningful interaction with the developers in funding them. simply giving each of those 16 another queue helps nobody but that player, and robs other crafters of work that might have gone to them in the absence of the ability.

Why is the path of paying money out of game for it more legit than getting it via XP spent in game? Buying more accounts to gain in-game advantages pushes balancing outside the scope of the game mechanics themselves into a realm that cannot inherently be balanced.

How does giving queues rob anyone but new accounts don't? Just because the account is payed for? Wouldn't that not be true if Demand was significantly higher than Supply? Wouldn't those extra queues help the economy and everyone that interacted with it?

What if we could just buy queues with some extra sub money? Is that okay? Why not?

Caldeathe Baequiannia
It's an important difference to the economy between two crafters vs two queues, that one of them requires two copies of essential recipes. A second queue doubles the output of a single copy of a recipe.

A recipe that is trivial today and will be even less valuable in the future.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Duffy Swiftshadow
Why is the path of paying money out of game for it more legit than getting it via XP spent in game? Buying more accounts to gain in-game advantages pushes balancing outside the scope of the game mechanics themselves into a realm that cannot inherently be balanced.

How does giving queues rob anyone but new accounts don't? Just because the account is payed for? Wouldn't that not be true if Demand was significantly higher than Supply? Wouldn't those extra queues help the economy and everyone that interacted with it?

What if we could just buy queues with some extra sub money? Is that okay? Why not?

A recipe that is trivial today and will be even less valuable in the future.

The difference is, you want to be able to do it twice for having spent the XP once. Does your plan identify what you will be giving to the non-crafters to compensate for the fact that you get to plough through content twice as fast as they do? Will fighters be ablet o double their damage? will gatherers be getting twice as much per node? Demand and supply have to find a balance, and you are asking for a radical shift in the balance that favours high-level characters, who already produce low-level product at more efficiently than new players.

Perhaps you have some secret source of rare recipes that I don't. There are plenty of recipes I'd like to have and don't. Nothing trivial about it.
Duffy Swiftshadow
Your implying combat characters don't already have dedication perks that are better than anything crafters get, I would disagree since these types of moves exists and ironically does double base damage when it's conditions are activated. Make dual queues a level 20 thing then, I don't care. Gatherers need something too, which may or may not be gusher related. The balance always favored higher level players, that will never change. Besides it's not my plan, it's GW, I'm just defending it.

T3 are the only rare recipes right now as they have few sources and very low chances and a low number of players trying to get them. When 1k active players have been playing for a year that rarity will disappear. Rare recipe drops will never remain rare unless they are stuck behind some ridiculously hard and carefully controlled content gate. Something like other MMO's raids.

Remember if everything goes according to the original GW plan T2 will be the most used gear. Therefore the most cost effective place to sit is in the middle to end of of T2 crafting (varies from craft to craft), which takes a very minor amount of time to get to. Inside a year you could have 3 characters swapping the XP stream between them raise 6 crafting feats to that level and be more than effective enough at making gear that most people will use.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Duffy Swiftshadow
Your implying combat characters don't already have dedication perks that are better than anything crafters get
I'm implying nothing of the sort. The planners spent a lot of time balancing a system the way they thought it should work. they might be wrong, they might not. You want to make a serious change to that balance. I haven't seen any solid reasons for doing so. The game is incomplete and sparsely populated. I have not seen a single complaint from a new player saying they've decided to quite because crafting is too slow. The adjustment may be required at some point, but the fact that a few crafters are very busy while others are not does not present evidence that the time is now.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post