Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Pathfinder Online will be ending operations on November 28, 2021. For more details please visit our FAQ.

Crafting Queue

Duffy Swiftshadow
Thod-Theodum
Here are my issues:
Dedicated crafter - do I become a dedicated crafter by changing my feats and armour? Having a second suit of armour and a few extra feats doesn't make you dedicated and it would be weird to get a bonus for that.

Are you not a dedicated crafter if you also trained some fighting to increase abilities? That would penalise players not having 5 min only log in crafters but actually use them elsewhere as well.

When I say Dedicated I mean you spent significant amount of XP (1 year+ at least) to reach near the top of what that role can do. All the combat classes start unlocking extra abilities as you increase their role level (much lower than 1 year no less) and a few have some really strong abilities you get when you max out. Expert and Freeholder don't have those (or levels at the moment) and the idea mentioned is that they should probably get something to match their combat counterparts perk progression.
Edam
Duffy Swiftshadow
Thod-Theodum
Here are my issues:
Dedicated crafter - do I become a dedicated crafter by changing my feats and armour? Having a second suit of armour and a few extra feats doesn't make you dedicated and it would be weird to get a bonus for that.

Are you not a dedicated crafter if you also trained some fighting to increase abilities? That would penalise players not having 5 min only log in crafters but actually use them elsewhere as well.

When I say Dedicated I mean you spent significant amount of XP (1 year+ at least) to reach near the top of what that role can do. All the combat classes start unlocking extra abilities as you increase their role level (much lower than 1 year no less) and a few have some really strong abilities you get when you max out. Expert and Freeholder don't have those (or levels at the moment) and the idea mentioned is that they should probably get something to match their combat counterparts perk progression.

My dedicated crafters ONLY have their Primary Crafting Feats, Secondary Crafting Feats, Crafting Freeholder Armor Feats and Crafting Feature Feats. Nothing else trained at all.

Which is as you would expect. I have other characters that T3 gather, the Edam character is a jack of all trades T2 gather and escalation runner. I did have a dedicated PvP Archer but I cross trained him to weaver when Archer got nerfed so he is actually a Weaver Archer.

To my mind the gateway for a "dedicated" crafter should be around level 18 in the craft or refine area in question in addition to a "role" level of 15 or so in the yet to be implemented Commoner or Expert roles.

Duffy Swiftshadow
Something like an extra queue should definitely be a higher level ability. To make it even more interesting perhaps you can only use the Expert or Freeholder things you brought to a certain level in that queue. Or only unlock it for that role's feat lines. So to be able to use that 2nd crafting queue for all crafting you have you would need to get at least 1 refining (Freeholder) and 1 crafting (Expert) to near max level. Otherwise you only get the 2nd queue for the Expert or Freeholder portions of your crafting.
Drogon
Duffy Swiftshadow
Something like an extra queue should definitely be a higher level ability. To make it even more interesting perhaps you can only use the Expert or Freeholder things you brought to a certain level in that queue. Or only unlock it for that role's feat lines. So to be able to use that 2nd crafting queue for all crafting you have you would need to get at least 1 refining (Freeholder) and 1 crafting (Expert) to near max level. Otherwise you only get the 2nd queue for the Expert or Freeholder portions of your crafting.

On the surface I like this idea to add an extra perk to taking a craft and a refining skill to 20. Some of the recipes available at the 17-20 levels aren't really that desirable to justify leveling up. If you could get a separate queue for a refine skill and a crafting skill only after you have brought both to level 20 it would be a real motivating factor for me to do so.
HpoD - "I have, however, sat and watched as others took things more personally (on both sides) and became zealots, charging forward on a shining white horse into a pile of shit. Forum Warriors at their peak, striding the battlefield knee deep in the bloody, broken arguments of their adversaries before the burning village of their credibility….Chill guys. "
Bringslite
I was under the impression that this stuff you are mentioning was a "Dedication Bonus". Originally envisioned as a "Capstone" reward, then changed to Dedication Bonus. Also originally to be given out at the pinnacle of the "role" but changed to be active when a role's, and only one role's, feats were what are slotted on the paper doll.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Duffy Swiftshadow
Bringslite
I was under the impression that this stuff you are mentioning was a "Dedication Bonus". Originally envisioned as a "Capstone" reward, then changed to Dedication Bonus. Also originally to be given out at the pinnacle of the "role" but changed to be active when a role's, and only one role's, feats were what are slotted on the paper doll.

I was under the impression that stuff was all thrown out or being looked at for heavy revision. I'm just talking about spending enough XP to be considered a master of whatever thing you spent it on and get something for mastering it, just like the combat classes do (some better than others).

Words are hard, hard is fun!
Bringslite
Duffy Swiftshadow
Bringslite

I was under the impression that stuff was all thrown out or being looked at for heavy revision. I'm just talking about spending enough XP to be considered a master of whatever thing you spent it on and get something for mastering it, just like the combat classes do (some better than others).

Words are hard, hard is fun!

The rewards, or better stated, the special things we get for the roles are trainable at pretty low levels, aren't they? They are not really rewards that are strictly specific either, unless I don't have a clue what you are talking about, which is always possible! smile

Edit: AND it could be, if they are under review, that things like some vague mentionings of extra queues were also just that, "mentioned" without being clearly thought out by the Dev team. Or they could have been thought out, but are also now under "review".
*For purposes of this post, the term "under review" really means put off so far that it has actually been pushed off of the back burners of "the stove".
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Duffy Swiftshadow
Bringslite
The rewards, or better stated, the special things we get for the roles are trainable at pretty low levels, aren't they? They are not really rewards that are strictly specific either, unless I don't have a clue what you are talking about, which is always possible! smile

Edit: AND it could be, if they are under review, that things like some vague mentionings of extra queues were also just that, "mentioned" without being clearly thought out by the Dev team. Or they could have been thought out, but are also now under "review".
*For purposes of this post, the term "under review" really means put off so far that it has actually been pushed off of the back burners of "the stove".

Some of them are, others are not. Fighter has some of the lowest ones, but Rogue has a secondary attack you can only get at Rogue 20 and Dex 30 at a Rogue 20 trainer. Wizards get access to different masteries all the way up to 20 I think, each of those come with attacks and a reactive for a different energy type. Clerics I'm not as sure, would have to go look, they might not have much past level 12 right now.
Bringslite
Duffy Swiftshadow
Bringslite

Some of them are, others are not. Fighter has some of the lowest ones, but Rogue has a secondary attack you can only get at Rogue 20 and Dex 30 at a Rogue 20 trainer. Wizards get access to different masteries all the way up to 20 I think. Clerics I'm not as sure, would have to go look.

So, are they good examples for dedication bonuses or are they not such good examples? Besides the really scary feeling I get thinking about the number of crafting queues suddenly doubling or tripling(or more) at low levels of access, it has been pointed out that it will only really benefit T3. A group that has the momentum, the stockpiles, and the players will dominate everything with their very easily replaced T3 gear.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Duffy Swiftshadow
Bringslite
Duffy Swiftshadow
Bringslite

Some of them are, others are not. Fighter has some of the lowest ones, but Rogue has a secondary attack you can only get at Rogue 20 and Dex 30 at a Rogue 20 trainer. Wizards get access to different masteries all the way up to 20 I think. Clerics I'm not as sure, would have to go look.

So, are they good examples for dedication bonuses or are they not such good examples? Besides the really scary feeling I get thinking about the number of crafting queues suddenly doubling or tripling(or more) at low levels of access, it has been pointed out that it will only really benefit T3. A group that has the momentum, the stockpiles, and the players will dominate everything with their very easily replaced T3 gear.

How you access them is important, I prefer at higher levels of XP spent in some crafting line for dual queues. That cuts down on proliferation and gives a perk to the people most likely heavily invested in crafting and planning to do so. There is also a tangental possible benefit to the extra queue at a high level. If that extra queue is enough to prevent someone from getting another account to level up it also reduces the number of quasi afk 'worker' characters floating around that can be assigned to buildings (if/when that gets added). I have a long standing opinion that if the best solution to a system is throw more alts at it, then that system needs to be revised.

As to what queues would benefit is entirely dependent on the state of the economy, if it was implemented today it would probably be T3. But in the future threading is a planned system that will limit how much T3 you can 'safely' equip. Coupled with the long craft times, T2 should still be the bread and butter gear choice. It's entirely possible in times of high conflict you'll need to churn out as much T2 as you can instead of trying to craft T3. Or if you produce consumables you may need to be pounding them out as fast as you can, you can only make around 12-18 a day of the better T2 ones as it is.

In my opinion if the economy ends up working out properly T3 will be the 'super weapon' you stockpile during times of peace and then in times of high conflict strategically deploy. But once it's gone if you can't import more you're down to producing the regular stuff for the remainder of that conflict.

Edit:
Bringslite
A group that has the momentum, the stockpiles, and the players will dominate everything with their very easily replaced T3 gear.

A group that has the momentum, the stockpiles, and the players will dominate everything. (The T3 part really doesn't matter, it's just icing on the cake so to speak)

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post