Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Crafting Queue

Bringslite
The prospect of extra queues as a Dedication Reward(high end ranks) isn't as terrifying as the server with 2 or 3 times the crafting ability. At high levels it may not harm lower level crafters. Really in a system that crafters dream about(all gear is player crafted gear) it would be a real shame to wreck that "feature draw" to the game.

My only other objection, besides the other stated ones, is that I was hoping for some high dedication skill that would be a bit more enjoyable. Maybe something like an "innovation discovery!" that allows the crafter to craft the items with some different stats: durability, DF, different condition affects, attack speed, anything cool…

Edit: Innovation is just an example. I am sure there could be other neat ideas.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Decius
So, what if using multiple queues was mutually exclusive with creating enchanted equipment, and eliminated any chance of better pluses from refining?
Bringslite
Decius
So, what if using multiple queues was mutually exclusive with creating enchanted equipment, and eliminated any chance of better pluses from refining?

An interesting twist. You are rushing your refine job? Just going for quantity rather than perfect quality?
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Mass army vs. Elite Army eh?

I like it.
Paddy Fitzpatrick - Rí Ruírec of Fianna, roaming bands of noble warriors!
Member of Aragon Alliance and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.
Find us on PFO Discord
Decius
I was just putting out ideas for what an actual meaningful tradeoffs would be in terms of the game. What other things would people with crafting characters be reluctant to give up, or happy to have, related to crafting?
Thod-Theodum
I was just doing some back-of-an envelop calculations in regard to crafting:

I did use a Priest Chainmail - but feel free to use other recipes.

Material needed to craft: 1 Coarse Padding, 45 Dwarven Steel Wire - so 1 batch of Coarse Padding and close to 2 batches Dwarven Steel Wire. You want to use +3 padding and depending on skill of the crafter you will use +2/+3 wire.

Resources needed then are
38 wool
5 essence
Approx.
60 lodestone
120 iron
120 coal
7 essence

This are 350 raw materials - it will take you 1 hour of active play to gather these. This doesn't take into account movement. I'm not aware of any hex to get coal/lodestone/iron and wool all nicely together.

My crafter takes just over 24 hours now to craft such an armour. We therefore have a 25:1 ratio of active !!! play vs crafting time for such an armour.

Lets take something different - Journeyman Cure potion +0. We need 15 essence, 48 herbs - so lets say 10 minutes gathering. A batch costs me (still T2 - not optimized) crafter 2.4 hours. So more or less a 1:15 ratio.

Now take a pot steel plate +2. Lets say it takes you 80 iron and 80 coal. That is still half an hour active gathering. The base crafting time is 10% - but as quality also goes in I'm now crafting FASTER as I can gather raw materials.

So what does this mean?

For T1 it takes already longer to gather as to craft (if you have a decent level crafter and decent level facilities). A second queue here does make zero sense here.

For T2 it takes between 10-100 times as long to craft as to gather.

So for T1 and T2 all you gain by adding a second queue is to even further squeeze out new players / new crafters / the markets.

This leaves T3. I hear that some queues like armorsmith are booked out for month - alas I haven't seen a single piece of T3 armour selling on out auction house yet. Players claim they have x platinum but seem unable to afford a handful of gold for a T3 armour (or weapon).

Maybe in the future it is beneficial to have a second queue - at the current time it just reinforces that all you need is a single crafter x in a settlement and this is bad for long term growth, for trade, for the game.

Your opinion might wary - but for me the disadvantages outweigh the advantages for a second queue.
Thod/Theodum are the OOC/IC leaders of the Emerald Lodge - a neutral settlement in the center of the mal that tries to the first to explore the Emerald Spire - should that part of the game ever become available. We have a strong in game and out of game relationship with the Pathfinder Society.
We welcome both hard core players as well as casual players with or without tabletop experience. We have a strong group in Europe and are slowly expanding into the US. We are predominately PvE as our neutral political stance means that we tend to use PvP only in self-defence. We are not anti-PVP - but expect limited PvP opportunity with us.
Decius
Thod: where are you getting that much coal in 15 minutes?
Thod-Theodum
Decius
My secret smile
Thod/Theodum are the OOC/IC leaders of the Emerald Lodge - a neutral settlement in the center of the mal that tries to the first to explore the Emerald Spire - should that part of the game ever become available. We have a strong in game and out of game relationship with the Pathfinder Society.
We welcome both hard core players as well as casual players with or without tabletop experience. We have a strong group in Europe and are slowly expanding into the US. We are predominately PvE as our neutral political stance means that we tend to use PvP only in self-defence. We are not anti-PVP - but expect limited PvP opportunity with us.
Thod-Theodum
You can gather some 350 raw materials in a single hour. My numbers assume you have some use for everything else. I assume best case - or I will be accused you can gather so much faster.

Gathering times goes up by a factor of 2-10 if you are after a single resource only.

I have managed 100+ coal in <15 minutes at least once. The problem is - if you gather that fast then you need to move on very quickly as you exhaust a hex very, very quickly.
Bringslite
An interesting side note: I see very little difference between rank 14 miner and rank 20 miner. One is on the test server and wasn't a precise test, so it makes me want to try it in a bit more exact parameters. Going to be a bit disappointed if it proves out to be true.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post