Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Crafting Queue

Caldeathe Baequiannia
As long as there is demand, and mob-hunters can earn coin faster than gatherers, under-pricing can only fail. There will always be bids for higher than any attempt to undercut.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Decius
Dropping the price isn't based on the amount of coin you're willing to forego earning; to drop the price you have to supply enough volume at the reduced price that everybody buys from you instead of someone else. You can't just buy high and sell low.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
As long as there is demand, and mob-hunters can earn coin faster than gatherers, in the face of manipulation, gatherers will turn into mob hunters until the supply equalizes, and/or manipulation stops. Unlike real-world companies, characters aren't going to be driven out of business if they don't make payroll for a few months.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Bringslite
Well I'll say this. The separate and localized markets have accomplished the goal of creating price variation. I'll also say that except in a few cases, becoming a merchant seems like an effort that has to be a labor of love. It certainly isn't the best way to make coin yet.

Edit: Should it be the best way to make coin? Why?
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Maxen
I think all professions have the potential to make coin. Gatherers, refiners and crafters will sell their goods. Adventurers will sell their services. The only thing holding all of this back is a 24/7 population to support a macro economy.
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Decius
Dropping the price isn't based on the amount of coin you're willing to forego earning; to drop the price you have to supply enough volume at the reduced price that everybody buys from you instead of someone else. You can't just buy high and sell low.

Precisely.

Of course, if you got a big enough group that has the manpower and motivation you could do it.

Also, if all other gatherers became mob hunters, that gives the gatherer army working for the undersellers more resources to harvest. Far from discouraging market manipulation, lowering your own gathering and crafting output will allow the undersellers to potentially corner the market. Now they will have a greater supply AND lower prices.

If their main income source is mob hunting, then they can take that money to buy the rarer type items some shops may sell to compete just to take it off the market.

Of course, once you get a near monopoly you can afford to start raising prices a bit before other shops can mobilize their resources to counter it. Cant rasie it too high though lest you alienate your customer base.
Paddy Fitzpatrick - Rí Ruírec of Fianna, roaming bands of noble warriors!
Member of Aragon Alliance and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.
Find us on PFO Discord

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post