Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

EE 11.2 Scheduled to Deploy on Wednesday, May 18

Bob
Everything's looking good so far with 11.2 on Zog, so we're planning to deploy the current build to Live during daily maintenance on Wednesday, May 18. Gathering of Legends and The Revenge of Nhur Athemon will be added to the standard escalation rotation at that time, but only 1 of each launches at any given time. On Friday, May 20 at 5 PM Pacific I'll launch 16 instances of Gathering of Legends in randomly chosen monster hexes, along with a few The Revenge of Nhur Athemons, and I'll launch more instances over the weekend if that feels appropriate.

We'll continue testing and taking bug reports on Zog right up until daily maintenance on Wednesday morning, but we'll only hold off on deploying 11.2 for real showstoppers.
Bringslite
Bob
Everything's looking good so far with 11.2 on Zog, so we're planning to deploy the current build to Live during daily maintenance on Wednesday, May 18. Gathering of Legends and The Revenge of Nhur Athemon will be added to the standard escalation rotation at that time, but only 1 of each launches at any given time. On Friday, May 20 at 5 PM Pacific I'll launch 16 instances of Gathering of Legends in randomly chosen monster hexes, along with a few The Revenge of Nhur Athemons, and I'll launch more instances over the weekend if that feels appropriate.

We'll continue testing and taking bug reports on Zog right up until daily maintenance on Wednesday morning, but we'll only hold off on deploying 11.2 for real showstoppers.

Congrats to GW on what looks like a really great all around patch! Lots of great stuff in there.

@ Bob

When you choose hexes for the Gathering of Legends, will they have to be empty at that time?
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Bob
Bringslite
When you choose hexes for the Gathering of Legends, will they have to be empty at that time?

The hexes for Gathering of Legends have already been chosen. I just run one command and all of them launch at once. The hexes will be taken regardless of what's running in them at the time.

I didn't set up The Revenge of Nhur Athemon to get launched by command, so I'll do a few of those manually. Same deal there, I'll just pick hexes at random and replace anything currently running there with the new escalation.
Decius
Bob

"Random"; So that we can adjust our plans correctly, does that mean "Selected with equal probability from all of the legal escalation hexes (roll 1d~40 and place one at the corresponding monster hex, 16 times)", or does that mean "Bob picks 16 hexes arbitrarily"?

In other words, when looking for hexes, should we account for the bias of a random distribution (none), or a human arbitrary distribution (which would be biased against clustering several nearby)? I have a feeling that distributing them essentially evenly would be more fun for everyone involved, and I also believe that it's overwhelmingly likely that a truly random distribution would create hot and cold zones.
You are a Troll
Let the games begin!
Bob
Decius
"Random"; So that we can adjust our plans correctly, does that mean "Selected with equal probability from all of the legal escalation hexes (roll 1d~40 and place one at the corresponding monster hex, 16 times)", or does that mean "Bob picks 16 hexes arbitrarily"?

In other words, when looking for hexes, should we account for the bias of a random distribution (none), or a human arbitrary distribution (which would be biased against clustering several nearby)? I have a feeling that distributing them essentially evenly would be more fun for everyone involved, and I also believe that it's overwhelmingly likely that a truly random distribution would create hot and cold zones.

I do actually roll some dice handily sitting on my desk to make sure the results feel pretty random, but I don't use a purely random distribution. Instead, I use various techniques to make the distribution feel a bit more even, and make adjustments at the end to avoid too much clustering.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Definition noted

Pseudobobrandom: Game mechanic intended to feel random, rather than actually being random.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Decius
So, random enough that I can't just predict Bob's thinking, but not so random that the downsides of a random distribution apply.
Daer
More like Controlled Randomness… don't want to appear tooo Random!
Settlement Leader : Talonguard

Killing, Dying and Healing.. and can't figure out which I am doing at any time!

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post