Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Totally NOT a Fianna Manifesto

Midnight
Part of their problem as late arrivals is not having nearly as good a location as most of us. The Alpha Aristocracy got the first choices. Most later settlement takeovers were also orchestrated by the Alpha Aristocracy. Dun Baile were literally the last or second to last location seized… the dregs… the bottom of the barrel.

If they have to survive on just what is near them, they'll probably be locking in a position of inferiority for the rest of the game.

"Share it fairly but don't take a slice of my pie" -Pink Floyd
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Bringslite
Midnight
Part of their problem as late arrivals is not having nearly as good a location as most of us. The Alpha Aristocracy got the first choices. Most later settlement takeovers were also orchestrated by the Alpha Aristocracy. Dun Baile were literally the last or second to last location seized… the dregs… the bottom of the barrel.

If they have to survive on just what is near them, they'll probably be locking in a position of inferiority for the rest of the game.

"Share it fairly but don't take a slice of my pie" -Pink Floyd

lol I was going to suggest that you look at your signature quote. You have however, just changed it. Well played.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Cormac
I think you are mistakenly under the impression that we - how do they put it - give a damn?

Someone will always be the late comer that is the truth of it - no use crying over spilt grog. Besides whos to say your home wont be ours in the days to come - the future is always in motion smile

Or in the common vernacular - lol wut?
By strength of arms and cunning minds, long live Fianna!
Paddy Fitzpatrick
One mans trash is another mans treasure.

Our original idea was to just look for a better location to strike out from for banditing and build from there. To that end Dun Baile was one of the choices, amd both were not bad for that, though other places would have been much better. Anything to reduce the run sim time really. I got no regrets on that.

But as my compatriot said, things change. We didnt anticipate having to deal with territory mania for example and almost everyone jumping on that bandwagon. smile
Paddy Fitzpatrick - Rí Ruírec of Fianna, roaming bands of noble warriors!
Member of the Kathalpas Coalition and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.
Find us on PFO Discord
Bringslite
Paddy Fitzpatrick
One mans trash is another mans treasure.

Our original idea was to just look for a better location to strike out from for banditing and build from there. To that end Dun Baile was one of the choices, amd both were not bad for that, though other places would have been much better. Anything to reduce the run sim time really. I got no regrets on that.

But as my compatriot said, things change. We didnt anticipate having to deal with territory mania for example and almost everyone jumping on that bandwagon. smile

What really is the diff, though? Yes you do have to consider long range what pissing people off does for Dun Baille, but right now nothing can take it away from you. That is seriously long range BS. You are going to get in hot water with people when you rob them, whether it is in claimed territory or wilderness.

Where is the Bravado in your Bandit?
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Hmm…

Am I hearing a challenge Brings? smile
Member of the Kathalpas Coalition and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.
Find us on PFO Discord
Bringslite
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Hmm…

Am I hearing a challenge Brings? smile

Not a personal one, but yes! I understand that opportunity banditry is a sucky game when there are few sheep, but I know that you are quite capable of figuring out where players are most likely at on any given day. That is premeditated banditry.
Right now we are the boldest most naïve sheep that have ever walked the meadows. We need a healthy dose of wariness inducing encounters.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Smitty
In all honesty in order to make it worthwhile there needs to be some changes in place.

I can figure out where people are farming, but the standard procedure for those groups is to show up in a good hex.. place a small holding down and immediately run any good drop to it.

If i show up and can force people out of the hex or they dont want to risk gear all they do now is log or leave and come back later to claim their loot.. , nothing for a bandit to do to access it…

There needs to be a way to loot those things as a bandit, that way when you risk your rep and go after one of those groups and win.. you may get something for your trouble..
Bringslite
Smitty
In all honesty in order to make it worthwhile there needs to be some changes in place.

I can figure out where people are farming, but the standard procedure for those groups is to show up in a good hex.. place a small holding down and immediately run any good drop to it.

If i show up and can force people out of the hex or they dont want to risk gear all they do now is log or leave and come back later to claim their loot.. , nothing for a bandit to do to access it…

There needs to be a way to loot those things as a bandit, that way when you risk your rep and go after one of those groups and win.. you may get something for your trouble..

I agree that there need to be some changes to make it feasible to all, including the most stubborn determined patient scallywags ever born. If we keep the topic semi fresh, maybe it will get some Developer love at some point. Unfortunately, I don't see large numbers of us clamoring for it when suggestions are asked for.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Agreed.

Well, perhaps you guys can help me out with this. Gotta show that there is demand.

I would also add rsiding holdings for bulk. We dont always wanna conquer a holding, we just want some of the resources lol.

That emote for stick em up that shows up on all screens is good. On this last one we DID find a workaround currently. The answer was quite a surprising one. I will leave it as a surprise tho. smile
Find us on PFO Discord

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post