Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

EE 11.2 Release Notes

Lisa Stevens
Bringslite
Anyone that wishes can come bunk with us(which does not mean join), use facilities, and therefore add to our own small late night crowd. Or perhaps all nighters(completely perspective talking) should "hang out" around Emerald Lodge. That is a pretty central location.

There is a late night group of us that have been hunting Usties in Toad's Hollow for the past month that is thinking about regularly getting together and doing late night escalations. We hang out in the TEO Mumble channel and use Hammerfall as our home base. Ask for the Nightstalkers. Always are welcoming to other late night adventurers. Edam, Thod and Daer have all joined in at one time or another as well as many others.

-Laurethoron
Bob
FYI, there's one little oddity to the escalation changes that I forgot to mention. I've been using a bit of a hack to prevent fail bosses from appearing any more, but because I lowered the max strengths on some of the escalations to make their max strengths match up with their overall difficulties, some existing escalations launched their fail bosses this morning. Unfortunately, those bosses have no special loot, though they usually have pretty good loot just due to being so high level. You probably do need to kill them off to allow other events to occur. If it turns out any of them are causing more serious problems, let me know and I'll make any needed adjustments to those hexes manually.

Escalations launched after 11.2 deployed won't have this problem, just some of the existing ones.
Edam
Lisa Stevens
Bringslite
Anyone that wishes can come bunk with us(which does not mean join), use facilities, and therefore add to our own small late night crowd. Or perhaps all nighters(completely perspective talking) should "hang out" around Emerald Lodge. That is a pretty central location.

There is a late night group of us that have been hunting Usties in Toad's Hollow for the past month that is thinking about regularly getting together and doing late night escalations. We hang out in the TEO Mumble channel and use Hammerfall as our home base. Ask for the Nightstalkers. Always are welcoming to other late night adventurers. Edam, Thod and Daer have all joined in at one time or another as well as many others.

-Laurethoron
Potentially you can all come down and help us kill those annoying Dark Elves smile

We actually had that escalation down to around 52% but the patch seemed to jump it all the way back up to 70%. I assume the patch reset the escalations to the maximum of the current "band" they were in.
Bob
Edam
We actually had that escalation down to around 52% but the patch seemed to jump it all the way back up to 70%. I assume the patch reset the escalations to the maximum of the current "band" they were in.

If an escalation was at 10k strength with a max strength of 20k (so 50%) at downtime, and then 11.2 changed the max strength to 15k, it would still be at 10k when the servers came back up, but it would now be 66% of the max. It would also start operating according to all the new escalation rules, so it might switch to a different phase, or kills might translate into larger or smaller drops in strength.
Edam
Bob
Edam

If an escalation was at 10k strength with a max strength of 20k (so 50%) at downtime, and then 11.2 changed the max strength to 15k, it would still be at 10k when the servers came back up, but it would now be 66% of the max. It would also start operating according to all the new escalation rules, so it might switch to a different phase, or kills might translate into larger or smaller drops in strength.

Ah OK that makes sense. Our Dark Elves went up in percent so the max strength of Dark Elves must now be about 25% lower.

I did notice killing individual mobs seemed to drop the percentage a fair bit quicker. Is that because the same strength reduction accounts for a higher percentage or was the strength allocated to a mob kill changed as well ?
MattHarris
Thanks for fixing the campfire bug; I finally sat down at a fire and got up with full power.

Ember
Decius
Edam
Bob
Edam

Ah OK that makes sense. Our Dark Elves went up in percent so the max strength of Dark Elves must now be about 25% lower.

I did notice killing individual mobs seemed to drop the percentage a fair bit quicker. Is that because the same strength reduction accounts for a higher percentage or was the strength allocated to a mob kill changed as well ?
It's clear to me that the reduction per mob kill is higher. Much higher.
Edam
Decius
Edam
Bob
Edam

It's clear to me that the reduction per mob kill is higher. Much higher.

It does seem that way. Which mitigates my concerns about the need for large parties to complete escalations a bit as solo/small groups will still be able to grind them down in a decent time, it will just take a while if you cannot handle the harder quest events. Once the boss is up I am sure there will be plenty of volunteers to help.
Bob
Edam

I changed the strength reduction per kill/event for several escalations, with a goal of making escalations pretty consistent about requiring 4 hours of play from an appropriately leveled/sized party to complete from start to finish. In a few cases, it turned out that my changes to the max strength resulted in the original numbers turning out to be exactly what was required to hit that 4 hour target, which was an amusing coincidence. In those cases, the actual numbers didn't change, but the percentage per kill what change just as you suggested.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post