Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Account for Sale

Bringslite
DLoren
Our city leaders haven't been in game since Christmas. Our company leader hasn't been in game since last summer. There is no one to accept new members or new companies, so we can only change companies by leaving them or moving to another city. Cas Evelyn was there when Olumbra delivered the message clearly the first time, yet chose to come back the second time. I get it. Our choice of cities has made us second class citizens that important players don't have to pay attention to.
That is extremely difficult to deal with.

Not trying to sound trite here: Is there anyone playing in Tavernhold now that is willing to step up and take the reins? Can you get your current leaders to respond to email and transfer power to an active player? GW has been pretty damn flexible at helping settlements with these issues get the parts back into smoother working order.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Drogon
Bringslite
Midnight
Will a game where anyone can get killed at any time ever be a financial success?

That is possibly a million dollar question, though it might fit the OP better as something like "Will there ever be a game where competition for resources is non existent?". I don't think that there will ever be a game that is perfect for everyone. Every game seems to fit in a spot that has its body of enthusiasts and some that are willing to accept the PVP design from the edges of what they see as playable. That goes both ways. There are PVP enthusiasts that won't play PfO because it is too confining of PVP.

I am not saying that stuff like that is unworthy of being frustrating. Of course it is and it gets old when you can't get a break and just go about the business that you want to without 3rd party interference. As pointed out, it is exciting to have to look over your shoulder often if you choose to go out and about alone, for some players anyway. Definitely not for all.

If there were even just a cpl hundred more regular players on this server, these escalations would be under constant threat of being picked off by groups that hang their armor very far from those places that they "raid", or whatever you want to call it. It would be constant. Not because those players are naturally bad guys, but because (in our server and this MMO) it is "The Only Game in Town".

Public declarations of territory actually seem to work well, at this stage. Makes sense because most of the larger groups are "lawfully" bent RP wise, the population is small and some "chaotically bent" groups don't want messy wars wrecking what they are building, and because almost all realize that the general chat/forum headache is not worth it.

The bottom line really is though, if you don't make well known and well defined your "boundaries" and tolerance level, you are ALWAYS going to be disappointed at the actions that others take.

To the OP, if you really can't stand this sort of game then you will not be very satisfied playing it. If you can let go of the negative personal parts of the competitive nature of the game and embrace some of the social dynamics you will "get it". Your Settlement needs you. Your Alliance needs you. If you decide to stay, embrace that part of the competitive nature of this game. It feels good to be one of many("many" only needs to be a few right now) working for that goal, whatever it is.

+1

To the OP, first and foremost, I apologize if this incident has deeply upset you to the point where you want to quit the game. Maybe you are right that this type of game isn't for you but I also think you might be wrong. My understanding of the situation is that you have been living in an isolated part of the map that rarely sees conflict. You have been gathering peacefully over 2000 ghostwood which tells me that you have been dedicated to gathering more than any other aspect of this game.

The Devs placed these new escalations across the map and expected more conflict and competition over them than actually took place. That particular escalations has been sitting untouched since Friday and in what is considered to us no mans land due to the lack of any publicized territorial claims, hence up for grabs. You expressed the desire for us to leave the hex because you wanted to save it for your companions that are not able to play until the weekend. I question why they/you did not take it out the weekend of the release if you were concerned about it being poached? We have usually been very considerate of others actually doing the work and putting in the time on an escalation and if we had seen it being worked on, we might not have even ran out there. Anyway, you came into game and announced in general chat for us to leave the hex. We simply asked you to point us to a territorial claim which you could not provide. Further more you made all your claims using an unaffiliated alt that could not be confirmed to be part of Tavernhold. For all we knew , you were Zycor trying to RP us out of the hex. We invited you to join us and you declined. You then placed a KoS order against one of our members for not leaving the hex when you demanded us to do so. You claimed to have no leadership position in Tavernhold which means you have no authority to make claims or place KoS orders. If you would have got on to your purported Tavernhold character , we might have treated you in a different manner. To us you were some crazy alt screaming at us to leave a unclaimed hex. Yes we were across the map, but until we see some sort of territorial claim to respect, we will consider this no mans land. We have respected to date all other groups official territorial claims and will continue to do so. After some time you seem to be even more upset we decided to leave the hex so you could calm yourself, didn't want you to have a stroke or heart attack. We never said we would not come back only that we were leaving at that moment. No one was killed in this incident and the escalations will continue to cycle, game is on, life moves forward. Please reconsider selling your account and have your leadership treat with us or make some declarations so we can avoid these incidents in the future.
HpoD - "I have, however, sat and watched as others took things more personally (on both sides) and became zealots, charging forward on a shining white horse into a pile of shit. Forum Warriors at their peak, striding the battlefield knee deep in the bloody, broken arguments of their adversaries before the burning village of their credibility….Chill guys. "
Bringslite
Olumbra
Account is sold

So sorry to see this. I hope that you can find what you are looking for. Happy Trails! smile
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Drogon
DLoren
If only we could go back to when we part of Freevale. But that's gone too.

We would consider having you join us down south if you want to be involved in an active player base.
HpoD - "I have, however, sat and watched as others took things more personally (on both sides) and became zealots, charging forward on a shining white horse into a pile of shit. Forum Warriors at their peak, striding the battlefield knee deep in the bloody, broken arguments of their adversaries before the burning village of their credibility….Chill guys. "
DLoren
Neither of us is attached to Tavernhold for months because of a failed attempt to start a new company we couldn't connect. Your conditions are impossible for us to meet. It doesn't matter.
Paddy Fitzpatrick
DLoren
Neither of us is attached to Tavernhold for months because of a failed attempt to start a new company we couldn't connect. Your conditions are impossible for us to meet. It doesn't matter.

So can ya just join the rest of your group (im assuming your eith HRC) at another settlement of theirs?

If not you seem to got one invite already from Drogon. If ya didnt stick with HRC for some reason and wanna keep the chaotic bend you got my alliance (Dun Baile, Aragon, and Mediash) as another option.

Still, i know there is no shortage of HRC settlements. Why not just move the company over?
Paddy Fitzpatrick - Rí Ruírec of Fianna, roaming bands of noble warriors!
Member of the Kathalpas Coalition and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.
Find us on PFO Discord
Stilachio Thrax
OP: At least part of this is the result of an incomplete game/system. If soul-binding were implemented, people travelling 20 hexes from their normal areas would have a long hike back if they are killed unless they had access to a nearby, friendly binding spot. If settlements could control who could use their banks, tavern, training and respawn spots, and perhaps even have guards prohibiting entry to the settlement to those on a blacklist, travelling 20 hexes to poach an escalation would be a very risky prospect if you had no available bank, quick power recharge, and no safe place to retreat to or log from. If they died and had to respawn 15 hexes away at the nearest allowable bind spot, any loot they had will be long gone as well.

It's sad to see anyone leave the game under less than ideal circumstances, but safe travels, wherever that may take you…
Virtus et Honor

Steward of Ozem's Vigil, Lord Commander of the Argyraspides Iomedais
DLoren
Some of Olumbra's frustration came from thinking we'd be missing out on new veteran stones, which I'm told don't exist. We live, we learn, maybe we get a little better idea what other people think.
Zax
Drogon
To the OP, first and foremost, I apologize if this incident has deeply upset you to the point where you want to quit the game. Maybe you are right that this type of game isn't for you but I also think you might be wrong. My understanding of the situation is that you have been living in an isolated part of the map that rarely sees conflict. You have been gathering peacefully over 2000 ghostwood which tells me that you have been dedicated to gathering more than any other aspect of this game.

The Devs placed these new escalations across the map and expected more conflict and competition over them than actually took place. That particular escalations has been sitting untouched since Friday and in what is considered to us no mans land due to the lack of any publicized territorial claims, hence up for grabs. You expressed the desire for us to leave the hex because you wanted to save it for your companions that are not able to play until the weekend. I question why they/you did not take it out the weekend of the release if you were concerned about it being poached? We have usually been very considerate of others actually doing the work and putting in the time on an escalation and if we had seen it being worked on, we might not have even ran out there. Anyway, you came into game and announced in general chat for us to leave the hex. We simply asked you to point us to a territorial claim which you could not provide. Further more you made all your claims using an unaffiliated alt that could not be confirmed to be part of Tavernhold. For all we knew , you were Zycor trying to RP us out of the hex. We invited you to join us and you declined. You then placed a KoS order against one of our members for not leaving the hex when you demanded us to do so. You claimed to have no leadership position in Tavernhold which means you have no authority to make claims or place KoS orders. If you would have got on to your purported Tavernhold character , we might have treated you in a different manner. To us you were some crazy alt screaming at us to leave a unclaimed hex. Yes we were across the map, but until we see some sort of territorial claim to respect, we will consider this no mans land. We have respected to date all other groups official territorial claims and will continue to do so. After some time you seem to be even more upset we decided to leave the hex so you could calm yourself, didn't want you to have a stroke or heart attack. We never said we would not come back only that we were leaving at that moment. No one was killed in this incident and the escalations will continue to cycle, game is on, life moves forward. Please reconsider selling your account and have your leadership treat with us or make some declarations so we can avoid these incidents in the future.

+1
Drogon
DLoren

It's too bad none of this was known and probably impossible to convey in the heat of the moment. This doesn't explain how he was gathering Ghostwood in mass quantities without being attached to any settlement since it is required to get T3 raw mats from nodes.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post