Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Account for Sale

Bringslite
That was kind of my point about the map and the server population. At the time of Nur we had what maybe 3x the active players that we do now, as a generous estimate? Whatever, it was less than 10x of what we have now. There were battles in game and forum wars from all over the map.

The end result this time was quite different than before. I haven't heard of any player being killed in a conflict over The Gathering yet. These are absolutely peaceful times in Candy Land. Get mentally prepared for worse.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Smitty
@ Duffy
Will leave this here if you want to pick it up a debate about specifics elsewhere point me there - I posted this here - because some left the game over it - and that sucks…
It was something that could of happened last summer and didn’t - As one of the folks in the party that was there last July - our leaving had nothing to do with any of your theories - it was because we could go elsewhere ( i.e) south west where no one lived .. and didn’t want to spoil someone else’s fun . . Although we did have 5 min discussion on whether to kill the guy and continue on or just go elsewhere. ( it was 50/50 proposition for a bit..) …

<< Will just say I disagree about the SW area we steamrolled after leaving the hex was the property of anyone . As that doesn’t serve much point to argue about it here >>-
Like I said at the top of this post - this went in this thread because people leaving over stuff like this has nothing to do with maps and claims and published charters etc - this was one of those events that was meant to be shared ( hence why a bunch of hexes had it loaded ) - the more players that get to participate in it the better.
If you guys killed this in 2 weeks when it was a single server event in retaliation for banditry etc .. that makes complete sense. Just not at this time..

Do better in the future or at least give it some thought next time around..
Midnight
I'm just writing from my own view and memory of things, and as everyone knows I am not a spokesman for any settlement or coalition.

This Xelias member isn't shocked that the recent escalation got killed off. In fact, I agree that it is a bit like our own Nhur killfest… and the person who asked us not to kill a particular escalation was from a different settlement than the settlement (Sunholm) he was hoping we'd defer to (though he wasn't some unknown alt). It was also well known (at least to our intel) that the player who asked us to defer to Sunholm also had a character in Phaeros.

In fact, EoX moved on to another Nhur escalation, but THAT one must have been too close also, and my memory is our guys got attacked first and then we did whatever the hell we wanted for the rest of the day.

One can argue whether random members of the AL (or any coalition) can demand escalation deference on behalf of some other settlement. Before Nhur, it wasn't even a convention to defer to nearby settlements on escalations, in fact back then the EBA would go kill off people's nearby T2 escalations so that the EBA eventually had a zoo of T2 escalations to farm in their claimed territory.

Furthermore, Sunholm was very inactive or low population, which is why nearby escalations were still untouched after the escalations near EoX and EBA were gone. The whole time we were in that neighborhood I only saw one Sunholm character who restocks an auction house.

As far as I know, deferring to the North wasn't about payoffs or even not opening new fronts on the forever war, we had already spanked parts of the North for having interfered in the Forever War. As far as I could tell we simply moved towards the most inactive settlement that was equidistant to EoX and the EBA in the hopes of getting more fights with the EBA and keeping those escalation rewards from the EBA.

In my view, if the EBA wanted to avoid us, THEY could go rob their friends up North who were small but active settlements slowly whittling away at the Nhurs near them. So the EBA's choice was to rob their friends up North or fight us in the near vacant West. I had fun, and I have few regrets if Sunholm people who weren't playing missed out. If we didn't kill those Nhurs, the EBA would have. We had already caught the EBA trying to do a Nhur escalation near Emerald Lodge. Saving Nhurs for inactive settlements like Sunholm would have been like me demanding that the server save one of the recent escalations for me while I spent the weekend watching Netflix. Laughable, in my opinion.
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Duffy Swiftshadow
The SW was never in danger from the EBA grabbing towers as we had already established an agreement for them to not cross into the plains region above the Fort Inevitable hexes and to not touch escalations that had previously been towers held by the League. They only showed up when we invited them after AL guys were attacked and we were outnumbered. We had been working East to West on towers specifically to avoid leaving borderline targets.

A bit ironic that event is what made us rethink how we were doing things and playing the game.

But alas it doesn't matter at this point, it's all he said/she said, I hate arguing this stuff in the forums in the first place. Half the time the right hand doesn't know what the left hand was doing or it's a hodgepodge of rumors.
Midnight
Well, if nothing else, I'm happy that there was new drama that WASN'T EoX or EBA drama. It's nice to have to puzzle it out as things keep being revealed.
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Duffy Swiftshadow
or it's a hodgepodge of rumors.
Is that an acknowledgement that you intend to stop repeating the false information I referenced above?
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Duffy Swiftshadow
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Duffy Swiftshadow
Is that an acknowledgement that you intend to stop repeating the false information I referenced above?

As I don't know that it's false I'm afraid I cannot, from our point of view it looks like par for the course given your recent dealings with another group of aggressive newcomers. But if you want me to stop saying anything about HRC publicly regardless I'll start as soon as you do the same about us. I don't care about what your openly admitted vendetta, but it's a double edged sword: say nothing look complacent or say something get dragged into the mud pit. I would prefer to just keep whatever our thoughts of each other are behind closed doors and play the damn game, but apparently having a differing view on how to play and offering deals someone didn't like means these shenanigans.

Either way done on this topic for now, looks like it's gonna go in circles if it keeps up.
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Bringslite
That was kind of my point about the map and the server population. At the time of Nur we had what maybe 3x the active players that we do now, as a generous estimate? Whatever, it was less than 10x of what we have now. There were battles in game and forum wars from all over the map.

The end result this time was quite different than before. I haven't heard of any player being killed in a conflict over The Gathering yet. These are absolutely peaceful times in Candy Land. Get mentally prepared for worse.

Wait…what?

So…there was no PvP that actually happened yet over these escalations?

Um, is that true for this situation too? Was there PvP in that hex up by Tavernhold?
Paddy Fitzpatrick - Rí Ruírec of Fianna, roaming bands of noble warriors!
Member of the Kathalpas Coalition and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.
Find us on PFO Discord
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Duffy Swiftshadow
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Duffy Swiftshadow

As I don't know that it's false I'm afraid I cannot, from our point of view it looks like par for the course given your recent dealings with another group of aggressive newcomers. But if you want me to stop saying anything about HRC publicly regardless I'll start as soon as you do the same about us. I don't care about what your openly admitted vendetta, but it's a double edged sword: say nothing look complacent or say something get dragged into the mud pit. I would prefer to just keep whatever our thoughts of each other are behind closed doors and play the damn game, but apparently having a differing view on how to play and offering deals someone didn't like means these shenanigans.

Either way done on this topic for now, looks like it's gonna go in circles if it keeps up.
So when someone else says something, like, say, they're from tavernhold, it doesn't matter unless they prove it's true. But if you say something without proof, that's okay. You do understand the meaning of double standards?

I've never denied paying bandits to harass you, because you never asked me. I did, indeed, promise Fianna bulk goods if they would harass you, but apparently got little for it. Someone else in the group, did also pay them silver to accomplish the same goal. I don't know if they've ever been asked about it.

The HRC never paid Xeilias anything for anything, but you feel you are okay to keep spreading it as a lie, because we can't prove we never did it. Nice expectation of proving a negative, but I guess you're lucky the only court involved is one of public opinion.

You are directly implying that I am a liar, and I take offense at your casual attitude towards holding everyone else to a higher standard, as long as it advances your narrative.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Decius
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Bringslite

Wait…what?

So…there was no PvP that actually happened yet over these escalations?

Um, is that true for this situation too? Was there PvP in that hex up by Tavernhold?
No Player Killer achievements were incremented, but I have the feeling that someone's going to claim that wasn't what ou asked.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post