Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Investor Update May 30, 2016

Hobson Fiffledown
The /ragequit and excitement cycles let me buy and sell enough accounts to play the game for free for more than six months (even with dumping smallholdings at a loss). So, yay immediately excited people.

PFO is what I chose to play and there wasn't much of anything else that interested me. Other new-idea games have caught up or lapped PFO now in the development cycle, so NewCorp better hit the ground running with this one (unless they just wipe and rebrand).

Either way, I'd prefer players like Midnight stick around more than trolls who want people to stop playing the game entirely. Not cool, The Imbalanced. Not cool.
This space for rent.
Duffy Swiftshadow
Nothing else I can play is hitting the cross section of things I want in an MMO right now. I've tried a few others recently, nothing else is hitting the sweet spot, not to say they are bad games or don't have some great features, they just aren't quite what I'm looking for. I get bored of themeparks nowadays, I rather play a MOBA or FPS than mess around with grinding levels to play a closed PvP system like Arenas, Battlegrounds, or ESO/GW2's PvP zones. I hate EVE's combat system (otherwise I might still play that) and I'm the sort of person that likes lots of activities in a game to jump between instead of focusing on one tiny corner of it, so that rules out a game like EVE where combat can be ever present if you want to do anything interesting or risky.

Even in it's relatively underdeveloped state PFO is closer to the sort of game I want to play than most others out there. The only ones that might be kinda close are all still a few years off at best.

So here I am.
Midnight
I get not digging themeparks, but I need content. "The players are the content" mantra (that even I have chanted) gets kind of pale when I can go hours without seeing a player.

I know a themepark isn't my optimal game, but neither is an empty feeling sandbox. If it wasn't for the forums and occasionally general chat, I would think I might be the only player.
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Seraph
You could join an active settlement, get involved somewhere. Other players do exist and we have a pretty steady group that's on day after day finding things to do.

The foremost reason I'm still playing is because I like the people I'm gaming with. If I really didn't have anyone to play with and I was the only one around, I'd 100% agree with you and stop playing in favor of something else. Hope alone isn't enough.
Seraph
Cleric of Sarenrae
Brighthaven
Bringslite
The social connection is pretty big. I have no idea if you have Mates around much to do stuff with, Midnight. Doors are open to bunk with any Dominion groups that you want. If you have lots of toons, make your own company and you will not need getting tangled up in a settlement you do not plan to stay with.

OR just start hanging out with whomever you like well enough. Politics are kind of silly when there are likely more Leaders and Their Alts than Soldiers playing the game.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Midnight
The folks at Callambea have been good company on TeamSpeak when I'm on, and good company in game when I feel like grouping. A lot of the stuff I need to grind (like gathering) just doesn't need a group, though.

I should hang with other folks too, but I don't play for long stretches very often, so travel time becomes an issue.

I do appreciate the encouragement, though. I finally shed my second job, so I'm developing a level of leisure a normal player would have, so NOW you might actually see more of me.
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Thod-Theodum
@Duffy
The social aspect is big if you are a builder / trader. These are the pioneers needed now to prepare the sandbox. If you want to play in the sandbox (PvP) then there still isn't enough there - especially with low amount of players around.

If you just use a T3 armour or weapon without thought were it comes from then you still need to wait. We just need to hope that the builder phase goes over into the next phase.

@Midnight
I guess a builder (crafter/trader) has a bigger advantage as a fighter when the masses arrive. 3 T2 will take out a T3 any time - but 10 T2 crafter still can't make a T3 item. T2 will be 'good enough' for most - especially fighting - but there always will be some need for the best available.
Thod/Theodum are the OOC/IC leaders of the Emerald Lodge - a neutral settlement in the center of the mal that tries to the first to explore the Emerald Spire - should that part of the game ever become available. We have a strong in game and out of game relationship with the Pathfinder Society.
We welcome both hard core players as well as casual players with or without tabletop experience. We have a strong group in Europe and are slowly expanding into the US. We are predominately PvE as our neutral political stance means that we tend to use PvP only in self-defence. We are not anti-PVP - but expect limited PvP opportunity with us.
Duffy Swiftshadow
@Thod

Eh, we've experienced had more PvP in the last six months than in the first year. Maybe not giant clashes of blobs, but decently frequent and one larger fight over what is now Marketstead.

We have plenty of nightly escalation groups and plenty of gathering/crafting. Canis is selling plenty of gear albeit not as much as it could with the AH bug persisting. We've grown substantially in the 'downtime' and can field a few groups of people when necessary.

Politics are alive and well, plenty of things are going on around the map; especially now that the most lucrative escalations encourage taking out the boss over trying to farm them forever in peace.

Sure it's a microcosm of what it will hopefully be one day and a lot of the more complex things are missing, but the core bits are there and interacting properly.
Decius
When I backed the Kickstarters, I expected that things would be a long time in development. My expectations were exceeded: development has been and remains faster than I expected it to be.

Finalizing a mutimillion dollar deal between three companies over a distressed property with odd liscence restrictions isn't going to happen within six months.
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Ah boy,

I guess am i the only one here that wasnt part of that kickatarter talking about this?

Not sure what it was like myself, though i am constsntly told how much worse things apparently were at the stsrt.

Me and many of my boys had kind of the same impression. There is something that i cant quite put my finger on that says this game could have a LOT of potential. There are just some things that, if this game was actually ready for saya steam release, i think would actually makr it stand out.

But thats just it aint it? This game aint ready yet. The last patch was a huge improvement but I dunno how much further this game has to go before reaching that potential thst got me in here in the first place.

Now with this news, hopefully within the next month or so there will be some idea of where the light at the end of this tunnel is.

Now if like another three months go by with nothing then yeah…imma get more skeptical again. Until then though, we will get an answer on wsy or the lther so may as well sit tight.
Paddy Fitzpatrick - Rí Ruírec of Fianna, roaming bands of noble warriors!
Member of the Kathalpas Coalition and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.
Find us on PFO Discord

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post