Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Territory claims are casual unfriendly, even to veteran players.

Mistwalker
Drogon
Why keep names out of it? Were you there personally? Your the one that brought it up painting yourself as a victim when in fact your group has been the agressors starting back with Takasi and all his antics with the Usties while vehemently denying guilt in the forums. Your group recently tried to enter AL territory and take out a gathering of legends there which you were unable to accomplish. Why act so surprised when others come after you? I am trying to be transparent. I am ok with your group getting agressive. This game is more fun with some actual competition between groups. Do you agree or would you prefer that everyone just plays nice and never tries to compete with eachother?

Seems that your recollection of the facts is fair bit different than folks in the HRC.

The AL took out a Legends escalation near Tavernhold, in spite of a Tavernhold member asking them to stop.
The next day, the HRC discovered a Legends escalation in AL territory, and figured to do the same to them. The Boss was up when the AL entered the hex in force. Fighting ensued, with the HRC conceding the boss kill to the AL. From what we have been able to gather, the AL took down a Revenge escalation in HRC territory while the HRC was trying to take down the Legends escalation in AL territory.

This is a fair bit different than the running in and stealing the kill of the boss at the last second. I had assumed that it was AL folks who had done that, glad that you cleared up that it was BHA.

Funny that you are claiming innocence with the Usties. Any Usty escalation that showed up in the NW was taken done by unknowns in short order, while the one that was in BHA territory was farmed for a long time. I know that I asked permission to participate, as per BHA rules, and was so given permission, but never made it down.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Drogon
Why keep names out of it? Were you there personally?
Because the entire sum of my post was a reference that while it hasn't happened to Bringslite, it has happened to others, recently, combined with another remark about the pretense that having killed part of an escalation has "built value" in the hex and entitles the "builder" to a share of the boss. The notion is ridiculous, and I have never subscribed to it, so was pinting out that a group that does apparently subscribe to it chooses to ignore it when it is someone else that has been "building value." If such a group actually believed what they claim, perhaps they might have considered saying "hey, we took down half of this escalation, can we get in on the kill," instead of doing what is best for themselves only, which is the perfectly human thing to do.

I have no trouble with people following their evolution-dictated traits, only with them claiming they are innocent paragons in the next breath.

Drogon
Your group recently tried to enter AL territory and take out a gathering of legends there which you were unable to accomplish. Why act so surprised when others come after you?
It's another common survival trait in humans to present arguments as having started at the time that makes them look best, instead of the initial provocation. You apparently don't think the incursion into the Southern Legends hex had anything to do with the league taking out one at Tavernhold a few days earlier and contributing to driving one of our players out of the game. Have I got that right? Do you think that HRC folks going after an escalation in the south was a deliberate provocation in the absence of the immediately previous act?
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Duffy Swiftshadow
Mistwalker
Drogon
Why keep names out of it? Were you there personally? Your the one that brought it up painting yourself as a victim when in fact your group has been the agressors starting back with Takasi and all his antics with the Usties while vehemently denying guilt in the forums. Your group recently tried to enter AL territory and take out a gathering of legends there which you were unable to accomplish. Why act so surprised when others come after you? I am trying to be transparent. I am ok with your group getting agressive. This game is more fun with some actual competition between groups. Do you agree or would you prefer that everyone just plays nice and never tries to compete with eachother?

Seems that your recollection of the facts is fair bit different than folks in the HRC.

The AL took out a Legends escalation near Tavernhold, in spite of a Tavernhold member asking them to stop.
The next day, the HRC discovered a Legends escalation in AL territory, and figured to do the same to them. The Boss was up when the AL entered the hex in force. Fighting ensued, with the HRC conceding the boss kill to the AL. From what we have been able to gather, the AL took down a Revenge escalation in HRC territory while the HRC was trying to take down the Legends escalation in AL territory.

This is a fair bit different than the running in and stealing the kill of the boss at the last second. I had assumed that it was AL folks who had done that, glad that you cleared up that it was BHA.

Funny that you are claiming innocence with the Usties. Any Usty escalation that showed up in the NW was taken done by unknowns in short order, while the one that was in BHA territory was farmed for a long time. I know that I asked permission to participate, as per BHA rules, and was so given permission, but never made it down.

Slight clarifications:

The Tavernhold hex was originally worked by BHA and the League joined them in the evening for the last half of it. We were originally thinking of doing the Nhur Athemon next to Talonguard, but found HRC already working it, I believe you messaged one of us when we got there saw it had finally been worked on, and we decided to move on as we weren't going to fight over it at that point. After working the Legends for a bit an alleged Tavernhold player told us to stop and since we couldn't verify anything beyond the unaffiliated alt yelling at us, we proceeded. I will add this, if you want to speak for some entity you need to at least prove your identity and relationship somehow. I could just as easily run around on an unknown alt and make claims on other's behalf. I believe you and me had a conversation about that in the next few days.

A mixed HRC/EoX group was found in the Canis meteor hex the next day and fought off by a combination of League and a few BHA that were called in as we were shorthanded. (I ironically had planned to be on already but figured another hour wouldn't hurt, logged in just in time to see the boss kill message and get the evening's events) This violation of our charter resulted in the usual 1 month blacklisting, the details of which I delivered to you personally and we had a nice discussion of the recent events.

Then later that day or next day (little off on exact timing) we along with a few BHA farmed a bit of the new Legends up by Rathglen late at a night, fought the two EoX guys we ran into, and then called it a night shortly after as it was late. We returned the next day and ran into a group trying to finish it off, while another group screened for us. We did manage to snipe the boss kill and mostly get away, I believe Drogon didn't make it. We inteferred at that time as we had already worked about half of it the night before, the hex wasn't in any claimed territory at the time, and those fighting it were blacklisted by our charter. (Last bit is technically not relevant outside League territory but we tend to obey the blacklist even outside our territory when we need to decide if we want to be aggressors)

There was a respawn we did not participate in somewhere in the time between the last and the next event.

In the next few days the Gathering respawned by Talonguard, we ended up helping BHA with it again, and then the HRC declaration was delivered at this time. We quickly discussed it internally and while we were disappointed that we had worked 70% of it with nothing to show we had promised to respect a reasonable declaration much like when I was contacted by the Dominion over Usties, so we left. The full declaration was delivered soon after that and we have not ventured north beyond Hangman's Hollow since.
Drogon
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Drogon
Why keep names out of it? Were you there personally?
Because the entire sum of my post was a reference that while it hasn't happened to Bringslite, it has happened to others, recently, combined with another remark about the pretense that having killed part of an escalation has "built value" in the hex and entitles the "builder" to a share of the boss. The notion is ridiculous, and I have never subscribed to it, so was pinting out that a group that does apparently subscribe to it chooses to ignore it when it is someone else that has been "building value." If such a group actually believed what they claim, perhaps they might have considered saying "hey, we took down half of this escalation, can we get in on the kill," instead of doing what is best for themselves only, which is the perfectly human thing to do.

I have no trouble with people following their evolution-dictated traits, only with them claiming they are innocent paragons in the next breath.

Drogon
Your group recently tried to enter AL territory and take out a gathering of legends there which you were unable to accomplish. Why act so surprised when others come after you?
It's another common survival trait in humans to present arguments as having started at the time that makes them look best, instead of the initial provocation. You apparently don't think the incursion into the Southern Legends hex had anything to do with the league taking out one at Tavernhold a few days earlier and contributing to driving one of our players out of the game. Have I got that right? Do you think that HRC folks going after an escalation in the south was a deliberate provocation in the absence of the immediately previous act?

I think it all started with Takasi and his arrogant entitled attitude. And since then it has been going back and forth. I'm fine with it but what I don't like is that you are always trying to paint yourself the victim. Own up to your competitive nature and let's play this game and make it interesting. I hold no personal grudge against you like I do Takasi.
HpoD - "I have, however, sat and watched as others took things more personally (on both sides) and became zealots, charging forward on a shining white horse into a pile of shit. Forum Warriors at their peak, striding the battlefield knee deep in the bloody, broken arguments of their adversaries before the burning village of their credibility….Chill guys. "
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Duffy Swiftshadow
Slight clarifications:

The Tavernhold hex was originally worked by BHA and the League joined them in the evening for the last half of it. We were originally thinking of doing the Nhur Athemon next to Talonguard, but found HRC already working it, I believe you messaged one of us when we got there saw it had finally been worked on, and we decided to move on as we weren't going to fight over it at that point. After working the Legends for a bit an alleged Tavernhold player told us to stop and since we couldn't verify anything beyond the unaffiliated alt yelling at us, we proceeded.
Almost. Except for the part where they'd already agreed to leave, but came back later anyway, resulting in him quitting the game.

DLoren
Duffy Swiftshadow
I'm sorry if this caused someone to quit as I would prefer if they did not
Just not so much that you could resist cutting locals out of an escalation 20 hexes from your home, even after your group told him they'd leave?
Duffy Swiftshadow
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Duffy Swiftshadow
Slight clarifications:

The Tavernhold hex was originally worked by BHA and the League joined them in the evening for the last half of it. We were originally thinking of doing the Nhur Athemon next to Talonguard, but found HRC already working it, I believe you messaged one of us when we got there saw it had finally been worked on, and we decided to move on as we weren't going to fight over it at that point. After working the Legends for a bit an alleged Tavernhold player told us to stop and since we couldn't verify anything beyond the unaffiliated alt yelling at us, we proceeded.
Almost. Except for the part where they'd already agreed to leave, but came back later anyway, resulting in him quitting the game.

DLoren
Duffy Swiftshadow
Just not so much that you could resist cutting locals out of an escalation 20 hexes from your home, even after your group told him they'd leave?

I was unaware of anyone agreeing to leave and was not part of any group that agreed to leave, so if that happened it had nothing to do with the League nor did it happen at that point in time to my knowledge.

Not sure why your quoting the other comment, but as I said numerous times:
1. We couldn't identify the person making the claim, could have been anyone.
2. If someone doing a single escalation near you that you wanted to do is enough of a reason to quit, you are probably not going to enjoy this game when their are thousands running around and folks are fighting in earnest over resources.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Duffy Swiftshadow
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Duffy Swiftshadow
Slight clarifications:

DLoren
Duffy Swiftshadow

I was unaware of anyone agreeing to leave and was not part of any group that agreed to leave, so if that happened it had nothing to do with the League nor did it happen at that point in time to my knowledge.
Which is why I said "they'd already agreed" not "you'd". DLoren reported Cas Evelyn, which I'm betting was casevelyn of Indor…. I was online for that part of it, and I saw them agree in general chat to leave the hex. Some of them later returned in a new group, to finish the job. I wasn't making any value judgement on your presence in the hex. I was correcting missing information in what you wrote happened. At least one person in the party you were with that night had previously been in a group hours before that agreed to leave the hex.
Bringslite
The longer that discussions(arguments) continue between two or more protagonists the more clear the real issues start to become. Each "side's" echoes begin to show a pattern. Which honestly, I am doing the same right here by writing about it because it wasn't the echoes that tells me the following revealed realities. I knew them before the over repeated points.

Please do not take any of the following as an insult directed at anyone. In my experience I have been on all sides of the same types of "debates".

There were unclaimed (formally) hexes that had highly prized escalations in them. Those "living" near them probably expected them to be left alone for some reason, which is a bit of a stretch considering the value of the targets. They had an expectation of respectable "ownership" by proximity even though not formally declared according what seems commonly excepted practice. A willful disregard of a standard excepted by the rest of the server or at least the "antagonists" of the situation and most rest of the server.

The persons, groups, whatever that worked them knew that they were not formally claimed but that they were quasi "claimed" because of past similar forum "shows". The persons that were working the hex DID know that the objector was almost certainly a legit member of the quasi expectant or unspoken principle of proximity "owners".

Both sides choose then and still chose to continue the debate over these technicalities, which they both know are stretches in believability, over incidents from days ago. They could be doing honest work by being honest and moving on to discuss the future that has no loopholes in understanding to prevent the same or they could just fight, bleed, die, talk about it after, and have some laughs at their own and each other's friendly expense.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Drogon
Bringslite
The longer that discussions(arguments) continue between two or more protagonists the more clear the real issues start to become. Each "side's" echoes begin to show a pattern. Which honestly, I am doing the same right here by writing about it because it wasn't the echoes that tells me the following revealed realities. I knew them before the over repeated points.

Please do not take any of the following as an insult directed at anyone. In my experience I have been on all sides of the same types of "debates".

There were unclaimed (formally) hexes that had highly prized escalations in them. Those "living" near them probably expected them to be left alone for some reason, which is a bit of a stretch considering the value of the targets. They had an expectation of respectable "ownership" by proximity even though not formally declared according what seems commonly excepted practice. A willful disregard of a standard excepted by the rest of the server or at least the "antagonists" of the situation and most rest of the server.

The persons, groups, whatever that worked them knew that they were not formally claimed but that they were quasi "claimed" because of past similar forum "shows". The persons that were working the hex DID know that the objector was almost certainly a legit member of the quasi expectant or unspoken principle of proximity "owners".

Both sides choose then and still chose to continue the debate over these technicalities, which they both know are stretches in believability, over incidents from days ago. They could be doing honest work by being honest and moving on to discuss the future that has no loopholes in understanding to prevent the same or they could just fight, bleed, die, talk about it after, and have some laughs at their own and each other's friendly expense.

Well to be honest…at first I thought it was you smile

As stated in another thread, we did tell him we would leave, I thought he was gonna have a heart attack…I never said we weren't planning on coming back to finish the job smile
HpoD - "I have, however, sat and watched as others took things more personally (on both sides) and became zealots, charging forward on a shining white horse into a pile of shit. Forum Warriors at their peak, striding the battlefield knee deep in the bloody, broken arguments of their adversaries before the burning village of their credibility….Chill guys. "
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Drogon
As stated in another thread, we did tell him we would leave, I thought he was gonna have a heart attack…I never said we weren't planning on coming back to finish the job smile
And that's about as funny as it gets.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post