Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Territory claims are casual unfriendly, even to veteran players.

Bringslite
@ Drogon

You thought it was me. I can believe that you did at first as I was the toon that you saw there at first. I believe that within a very short time, you knew it was NOT me and shortly after that you knew deep down that is was not just a random gen chat troll. The discussion about credibility or identity went on and on. It's easy, just say "Yeah we figured he was actually a High Road Covenant member". This server just isn't large enough for that type of silliness.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Bringslite
Is there some shame in side A realizing(really admitting) that willfully NOT making crystal clear their expectations for the land around them leaves loopholes that treasure hungry players will exploit? There certainly are plenty of cases for example in the history of this server.

Is there some shame in side B realizing(really admitting) that in wanting to exploit a loophole for great Lootz and being discovered did not want to give up 1. Some time invested and 2. an "F"ing long run by stalling and using technicalities to continue working that loophole?
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Decius
Bringslite
@ Drogon

You thought it was me. I can believe that you did at first as I was the toon that you saw there at first. I believe that within a very short time, you knew it was NOT me and shortly after that you knew deep down that is was not just a random gen chat troll. The discussion about credibility or identity went on and on. It's easy, just say "Yeah we figured he was actually a High Road Covenant member". This server just isn't large enough for that type of silliness.
"Probably actually a Dominion citizen" is not enough for someone to make a statement on behalf of the Dominion; why would it be enough for any other group?
Drogon
Bringslite
Is there some shame in side A realizing(really admitting) that willfully NOT making crystal clear their expectations for the land around them leaves loopholes that treasure hungry players will exploit? There certainly are plenty of cases for example in the history of this server.

Is there some shame in side B realizing(really admitting) that in wanting to exploit a loophole for great Lootz and being discovered did not want to give up 1. Some time invested and 2. an "F"ing long run by stalling and using technicalities to continue working that loophole?
If we are side B, I have no shame about it. I have already discussed with your group and others that we will be competing for these escalations in territories that do not have recognized claims. I also have previously expressed my sorrow for the loss of a long term player that lived in a sheltered side of the world.
HpoD - "I have, however, sat and watched as others took things more personally (on both sides) and became zealots, charging forward on a shining white horse into a pile of shit. Forum Warriors at their peak, striding the battlefield knee deep in the bloody, broken arguments of their adversaries before the burning village of their credibility….Chill guys. "
Bringslite
Decius
Bringslite
@ Drogon

"Probably actually a Dominion citizen" is not enough for someone to make a statement on behalf of the Dominion; why would it be enough for any other group?

I do not see anywhere that I wrote "probably actually". If we are all going to be honest here, let's drop the word games. The people in that discussion knew that the complaint was from an HRC member. The HRC knew that no declarations or published information of "claim" were anywhere to be referenced for that area.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Drogon
@BL, you have Paizo Mail
HpoD - "I have, however, sat and watched as others took things more personally (on both sides) and became zealots, charging forward on a shining white horse into a pile of shit. Forum Warriors at their peak, striding the battlefield knee deep in the bloody, broken arguments of their adversaries before the burning village of their credibility….Chill guys. "
Bringslite
Drogon
Bringslite

If we are side B, I have no shame about it. I have already discussed with your group and others that we will be competing for these escalations in territories that do not have recognized claims. I also have previously expressed my sorrow for the loss of a long term player that lived in a sheltered side of the world.

You shouldn't have any shame. The player that left made his own decision to leave. If you should not have any shame for playing the game as it is set up, you can admit that you knew after a very short time that you were arguing with an HRC player. You had come a long way to a server wide "non publically declared proximity hex" near an area that you are/were on unstable political relations with.

My point is that these word games are useless if you really want to make progress about the issue. If you don't, that is fine too. I am simply pointing out a small epiphany I re-had today about arguing and the nature of arguments.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Bringslite
Let me post an example that is fresh. The Dominion posted it's Territory Declaration. Within that declaration are hexes that are blue shield hexes. I had not considered the implications of including them with out some clarifying notes, whether others that helped draft the body had or not, I had not. When that point was raised, our immediate response was "oh come on! We all know we can't/shouldn't/is impossible to claim those hexes!"

We are using a senseless argument to defend not being more clear in the first place.

In reality it has been nawing at me a little to amend our declaration to cover that point. I have not brought it up in Council yet, but I intend to.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Bringslite
Drogon
@BL, you have Paizo Mail

Back at you Sir Drogon.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post