Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Brighthaven Alliance Declaration

Caldeathe Baequiannia
Drogon
HRC is free to incorrectly paint
No incorrect painting is required. I'm certain that you feel you followed the letter of your intent. Your intent, as evidenced by your actions, was dishonest.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Jokken
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Drogon
HRC is free to incorrectly paint
No incorrect painting is required. I'm certain that you feel you followed the letter of your intent. Your intent, as evidenced by your actions, was dishonest.

Moreover, it was outlined in the outset of our meetings that legalistic shenanigans to frame a moral high ground for abhorrent and and aggressive behavior was not only unwanted, but also an infuriating factor. If the BHA wishes to use it's power structure for benevolent acts which promote the greater good, the HRC is in support of those endeavors. When the BHA uses legalistic interpretations of communication to achieve it's goals of self empowerment and oppresses the freedoms of sovereign nations, be it our own, or others, the HRC is willing to oppose those actions with life, limb, and livelihood until freedom is once again the law of the Bulwark Hills. We were willing to give you what you wanted, we simply disagreed on who still owns the land when it was done. You took the land anyway by fiat.

Your actions are both dishonest and disreputable. I would rather lose a war the rest of the year and beyond than let such tyranny stand. I know I am not the only citizen of the North that feels as such.
Go West for freedom and adventure! Join the free soil settlers of High Road. Be a positive and constructive force for freedom in the Bulwark Hills. www.coalroad.com/hrc
MidniteArrow
I do not share your perspective Jokken, but I understand it.

I have the opposite perspective. From my perspective, HRC laid a claim to territory BHA planned to claim, BHA immediately responded contesting that, and were told that HRC was unwilling to negotiate for ownership of the territory.

I've been in negotiations. What I experienced did not feel like a negotiation. BHA came to the table willing to cede shared control of the entire area to HRC. HRC did not seem to be willing to make any concessions for BHA interests (a *right* to be in the area). I expect you will take exception to that last statement, but that is my perspective.

BHA is still willing, from my non-authoritative perspective, to de-escalate this. But we aren't willing to say our right to be in the area is up to HRC. Nor are we demanding that HRC's right to be in the area is up to BHA. We put down holdings because the community told us that is the only way to establish our right to be in the area. We only put down holdings in the hexes that HRC had told us they were ok with us having holdings, and we did not attack any HRC holdings to do so.

We're willing to be good neighbors if HRC allows it. But we're not willing to accept eviction. Again, only my perspective. I am not the leader of any BHA settlement.
Drakis [Arrodima] [Default Speaker] [PvE Soldier, Empyrean Legion ]
Nijah [Arrodima] [Leader, The Argent Defenders, PvE]
Jinh [Arrodima] [Leader, The Concordian Council]
Caldeathe Baequiannia
MidniteArrow
We only put down holdings in the hexes that HRC had told us they were ok with us having holdings, and we did not attack any HRC holdings to do so.
There is a wide gap between "we're willing to discuss you renting two hexes" and we're "okay" with you putting holdings there because you don't like how fast negotiations are proceeding. You don't get to move into a house because the owner said "I think we can come to an agreement on renting it." Drogon has already said they were taken because he didn't believe you'd get what you want. Don't pretend you thought we'd be okay with it.

Further, we never said we were okay with one of those hexes. We said that "if" the developers indicate that bulk goods are needed, that couldn't be provided for by one hex, we would do what was necessary to allow you to operate the inn efficiently and effectively. So far, the developers have never said anything about Inns needing bulk goods. The one and only mention from the developers was about coin. Other players have made plenty of speculations.
MidniteArrow
I understand and disagree with that perspective.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
MidniteArrow
We're willing to be good neighbors if HRC allows it. But we're not willing to accept eviction.
(Speaking only for myself) I think you continue to misconstrue the nature of our alliance. I don't think anyone has indicated any interest in evicting you. We'd like to be treated with respect, but the BHA has shown that if they don't think they are going to get what they want, they will not treat us with respect. As little as 24 hours ago I (and others) would have guaranteed you that the tavern and your plans for it would never have suffered appreciatively from BHA not having borders drawn around that area. Now we will each make future decisions around everything else in the game according to the BHA's actions.
MidniteArrow
Speaking only for myself, I think you continue to misconstrue our actions intentionally, and then post your constructed interpretation in a negative way in public. I think you're trying to start a war.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
MidniteArrow
Speaking only for myself, I think you continue to misconstrue our actions intentionally, and then post your constructed interpretation in a negative way in public. I think you're trying to start a war.
I do not do that, but have no control over what you think. I lead several offerings to try to make it 100% clear that we were willing to give almost everything you demanded, as long as it wasn't drawing a border inside our territory. I think anything that smacks of purchased territory control in this game, whether in the outback of the HRC, or right next door to Canis Castrum, would be bad for the game, and I don't think I'm alone in that.
MidniteArrow
Caldeathe Baequiannia
MidniteArrow
I do not do that, but have no control over what you think. I lead several offerings to try to make it 100% clear that we were willing to give almost everything you demanded, as long as it wasn't drawing a border inside our territory. I think anything that smacks of purchased territory control in this game, whether in the outback of the HRC, or right next door to Canis Castrum, would be bad for the game, and I don't think I'm alone in that.

It is the "inside our territory" part of that gives the perception that you are unwilling to negotiate. We are trying to establish a formal right to be there. If buying the tavern doesn't give us that, we have to place holdings.
Mistwalker
MidniteArrow
It is the "inside our territory" part of that gives the perception that you are unwilling to negotiate. We are trying to establish a formal right to be there. If buying the tavern doesn't give us that, we have to place holdings.

Why? Why do you need territory in that region now?
You are putting in place something, just in case, some time in the vague future, that the developers may decide that the purchased taverns need bulk goods to operate above minimum level.
For that, you are willing to infringe on the territory claimed by another alliance, regardless of the state of negotiations.

Would you be willing to allow the HRC to place two holding in hexes of our choice (that are currently unoccupied by BHA companies) - maybe I should rephrase that, would you accept it if the HRC placed two holding and support outposts in two hexes in the claimed territory of the BHA? (please note that several HRC members have spare influence and already made holdings - so a yes on your part may see HRC holdings sprout in your territory).

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post