Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Has PFO lost its direction?

Paddy Fitzpatrick
I dont see why any of this logic means it is for t3 gatherers only. Just buy a harvesting lit made by someone else.

Also if you make the thing deatructible once deployed then there goes your problem of exploitation. Just burn it down and make em have to bring another. Some random new guy or alt aint gonns be able to stsnd up to a sqaud of marauders by themselves so problem solved.

Ya cant say we need gushers as a team thing for everyone to compete over then say only people who have piled on enoigh xp for well over a year can even access it at all. Sorry tp say but I agree with Quijenoth that this is elitist. It would seem to me to be an intentional design flaw, much like how in WoW you cant get most of the "full experience" until you are max level.
Paddy Fitzpatrick - Rí Ruírec of Fianna, roaming bands of noble warriors!
Member of the Kathalpas Coalition and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.
Find us on PFO Discord
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Paddy Fitzpatrick
I dont see why any of this logic means it is for t3 gatherers only. Just buy a harvesting lit made by someone else.

Also if you make the thing deatructible once deployed then there goes your problem of exploitation. Just burn it down and make em have to bring another. Some random new guy or alt aint gonns be able to stsnd up to a sqaud of marauders by themselves so problem solved.

Ya cant say we need gushers as a team thing for everyone to compete over then say only people who have piled on enoigh xp for well over a year can even access it at all. Sorry tp say but I agree with Quijenoth that this is elitist. It would seem to me to be an intentional design flaw, much like how in WoW you cant get most of the "full experience" until you are max level.
Quijenoth has successfully manipulated you into believing that I said something I never said. A gatherer can significantly increase their encumbrance with a couple of weeks of XP, long before they have any real chance of finding a gusher in the first place. There is a significant spectrum between an untrained alt and T3. Less than two days of XP will let you add 15 to your encumbrance if being a gatherer is your goal.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Tyncale
I always figured that you needed to have a Gatheringkit slotted to be able to find a gusher in the first place.
Such a kit could then be threaded just like a weapon.

Regalo Harnoncourt, Leader of the River Kingdoms Trading Company, High Council of Callambea.
This is the character that I am playing almost 100% of the time. (Tyncale is my Sage/Mage)
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Tyncale
I always figured that you needed to have a Gatheringkit slotted to be able to find a gusher in the first place.
Such a kit could then be threaded just like a weapon.
No. You are given a slot of time to deploy a kit (apparently about an hour.) The gusher exists only for the character that found it, and is of no value to anyone until that character deploys a kit on site.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Paddy Fitzpatrick
So…what are ypu saying then Cal? Im lost.
Paddy Fitzpatrick - Rí Ruírec of Fianna, roaming bands of noble warriors!
Member of the Kathalpas Coalition and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.
Find us on PFO Discord
Tyncale
Yeah, I probably remember that wrong from early posts from Stephen. I am wondering if the method I am describing would curb the Alt-in-every-hex problem but I don't see it. It looks like currently the only solution to that would indeed be to make finding gushers a thing for people that put a lot of XP in their character.

However I am totally for low level characters to be able to participate in this "jackpot" mechanic: nothing cooler for a new player to find such a gusher and get the feeling he is already contributing to his settlement in some way. Hooking new players early on is important. The xp system already favors "elites", be it perceived or real.

I hope GW can figure something out.
Regalo Harnoncourt, Leader of the River Kingdoms Trading Company, High Council of Callambea.
This is the character that I am playing almost 100% of the time. (Tyncale is my Sage/Mage)
Tyncale
Looks like GW already had some sort of solution:

This post from Stephen Harvesting Kits suggests that low levels can indeed find such a node, and they will then have to place the gatheringkit while nobody else can(as explained by Bob once more).

The trade-off of a newbie doing this seems to be that his skill will be lower and thus the level of extraction. This could probably result in a longer extraction time and maybe lower grade and thus heavier Materials? MAybe less yield total. Seems like a good solution. Newbie still gets to enjoy his find but there is still a good incentive to level up crafting to have a better extraction rate/quality when you find a gusher.
Smitty
My hope is that Gushers are tied to tiers the character has trained- Few months back I posted this when gushers came up-
There is no reason for me to train a T3 gathering skill past rank 14- the xp cost is just not worth it and reduced time and extra skill mean nothing if what I hunt for can be taken to a degraded state in 20 minutes.. ( no reason to reduce that to 15 minutes for hundreds of thousand xp..)

Now if I was able to find a T3 gusher.. that extra xp would have a purpose in being spent..

If gushers were the capstone of a tier those that spend the xp to get gathering to rank 20 would have a reason to do so.. so a character would gain the …
Ability to find T1 gushers at rank 6
Ability to find T2 gusher at rank 13
Ability to find T3 gusher at rank 20
Tyncale
Yes, it would be odd if a newbie with low skill could find a gusher that would then yield T3 materials, even at a slow speed and low grade. I am thinking your suggestion will be factored in somehow in what Stephen is proposing in his post.
Decius
It makes sense in one way for the gathering skill to either be the same as, or require ranks in, the harvesting skill.

It also makes sense that a zero-XP character would be not efficient at a task, while not being outright excluded. (They can harvest now, at painfully slow rates and returns).

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post