Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Has PFO lost its direction?

Caldeathe Baequiannia
Paddy Fitzpatrick
So…what are ypu saying then Cal? Im lost.
I'm saying a naked alt should not be able to carry a harvesting kit. There should be some barrier that makes it realistic to assume the character carrying the kit is a playable character that is involved in the game, not an alt that got walked over from the next hex on a second box so they could drop a kit allowing the sole player to harvest and store the goods in a holding or vault or just stuff it on the alt and log it out until they can move it at their leisure.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Stilachio Thrax
Edam
What would be interesting is if the gathering kit was heavy enough to require a mule.

+1

In my vision of the game, a dedicated gatherer would always take a mule and a few PC guards out with him to do serious gathering.
Virtus et Honor

Steward of Ozem's Vigil, Lord Commander of the Argyraspides Iomedais
Midnight
Smitty
My hope is that Gushers are tied to tiers the character has trained- Few months back I posted this when gushers came up-
There is no reason for me to train a T3 gathering skill past rank 14- the xp cost is just not worth it and reduced time and extra skill mean nothing if what I hunt for can be taken to a degraded state in 20 minutes.. ( no reason to reduce that to 15 minutes for hundreds of thousand xp..)

Now if I was able to find a T3 gusher.. that extra xp would have a purpose in being spent..

If gushers were the capstone of a tier those that spend the xp to get gathering to rank 20 would have a reason to do so.. so a character would gain the …
Ability to find T1 gushers at rank 6
Ability to find T2 gusher at rank 13
Ability to find T3 gusher at rank 20

I really like this idea.
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Garric Orcsbane
Midnight
Smitty
My hope is that Gushers are tied to tiers the character has trained- Few months back I posted this when gushers came up-
There is no reason for me to train a T3 gathering skill past rank 14- the xp cost is just not worth it and reduced time and extra skill mean nothing if what I hunt for can be taken to a degraded state in 20 minutes.. ( no reason to reduce that to 15 minutes for hundreds of thousand xp..)

Now if I was able to find a T3 gusher.. that extra xp would have a purpose in being spent..

If gushers were the capstone of a tier those that spend the xp to get gathering to rank 20 would have a reason to do so.. so a character would gain the …
Ability to find T1 gushers at rank 6
Ability to find T2 gusher at rank 13
Ability to find T3 gusher at rank 20

I really like this idea.

I also like this idea.
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Well, between the Mule requirement and Smitty's idea i think that more than takes care of naked alt exploits in a way thsts pretty even handed for everyone.

+1
Paddy Fitzpatrick - Rí Ruírec of Fianna, roaming bands of noble warriors!
Member of the Kathalpas Coalition and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.
Find us on PFO Discord
HowardWdW
Just going back to the game balance thing of having a gang of T3 crafters when the game goes to OE. My weaponsmith level 17 at present, soon to be 18, can turn out around 180 +2 T1 weapons per day using 1 +3 mat and the rest +0 in most cases. I think that's enough to supply quite a few new players and he's able to do so with mostly +0 materials making his "cost" way lower. This will put new crafters entering the game at a severe disadvantage. This is true for basically all crafts. Armorsmith being the "worst case" in terms of probably only being able to turn out around 40 to 50 suits of armor per day.

And so he's not making T3 stuff for a while. So what. It's highly unlikely that the T3 players will wander around randomly in their T3 armor as it is quite true that after about 1 month a gang of T2 rank 4 attack players will easily take him down. So T3 materials will be in low demand. T1 stuff isn't needed for long (except gear) so T2 will be in highest demand. A dedicated crafter can reach T2 in let's say 1 month, but this is highly unlikely in OE. More likely crafting will be an adjunct to an adventuring or gathering role, and still the disparity between a T3 level 18 or 19 and a T2 level 8 will be huge.

Further to overall "game balance" when ammo comes in there will be a drastic need for dowsing, but this skill requires Personality, which energizes poorly with any adventuring role (Sorcerer where are you?). Meanwhile our poor dex based adventurers have no dex based gathering skill, while our Wis based players have only Iconographer and Apothecary in crafting. It might be that a re-think is needed to achieve a better balance of the crafts and gathering skills to the adventurer roles, when one thinks about the way the game is likely to really be played by people with one account and one character gaining xp.
Bringslite
Zerg of T1 +3 geared Horde anyone? So inexpensive to field.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Bringslite
nitpick: T1+3 is no different than T1+2 (unless you mean T2+3 toons in t1+3 gear.)
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Decius
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Bringslite
nitpick: T1+3 is no different than T1+2
It's slightly better at rank 5 attacks and 10 armor feats.

I bet that a perfectly built day 1 character in t3+2 armor, +3 weapons, and t2 expendables could defeat at least 15 to 20 1000 XP characters at once, or at least 2 characters that just finished rushing t2 attacks and armor.
HowardWdW
Maybe so Decius, but it won't be 2 characters in T2 armor and weapons attacking that T3 character, it might be 50. If the game takes off the number of us at T3 will be insignificant to the 1 month old characters in T2. That's in a combat sense. However a suite of T3 crafters can completely dominate the markets.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post