Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Has PFO lost its direction?

Bringslite
From the standpoint of the cost and the attrition of gear loss, IF you could field your warrior/mage/priest/and over powdered rouges in that gear and concentrate them "when and where", there could be some significant advantage.

Oh, and yes Cal, I know that they would need rank 5 attacks and rank 8 or 9 armor feats. It's possible that I started playing at night, but it wasn't last night. smile
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Stilachio Thrax
Bringslite
… over powdered rouges…

Not sure if serious…

I always knew those sneaky types were really just a bunch of fops!
Virtus et Honor

Steward of Ozem's Vigil, Lord Commander of the Argyraspides Iomedais
Garric Orcsbane
Stilachio Thrax
Bringslite
… over powdered rouges…

Not sure if serious…

I always knew those sneaky types were really just a bunch of fops!

Seems like a red herring.
Quijenoth Starkiller
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Paddy Fitzpatrick
So…what are ypu saying then Cal? Im lost.
I'm saying a naked alt should not be able to carry a harvesting kit. There should be some barrier that makes it realistic to assume the character carrying the kit is a playable character that is involved in the game, not an alt that got walked over from the next hex on a second box so they could drop a kit allowing the sole player to harvest and store the goods in a holding or vault or just stuff it on the alt and log it out until they can move it at their leisure.

while I understand where your coming from Cal, I dont think your providing any solid argument to restrict gushers to more skilled/experienced players. the costs of mules, harvesting kits and a basic skill to find and harvest the gushers is all that is needed. If a player is willing to use a 1000xp naked alt to game the system how is that any different to 1000xp alts being used right now to capture outposts/holdings or in the past when capturing towers?
Quijenoth Starkiller Viceroy of Callambea
Company Leader of Beyond the Grave - www.beyond-pfo.com
Crafting Planner
Bringslite
Give me a carrot. Tie a feat to capture point mechanics. Require at least some relevant gathering skill to place a gusher "kit", but the higher the skill the faster/better the take.

As for moving kits around, perhaps it could be required to equip a unique tool which can't be equipped without some training. In general though, I wouldn't be in favor of taking away the few things that these extra 1000xp toons are useful for. The majority of players coming into the game will only have one account(pure speculation).
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Decius
A group of 49 t2 characters and 1 t3 character will be pretty close but have a slight edge to a group of 50 t2 characters. Ability to project sustained force will continue to dominate the outcome of conflicts.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Quijenoth Starkiller
while I understand where your coming from Cal, I dont think your providing any solid argument to restrict gushers to more skilled/experienced players. the costs of mules, harvesting kits and a basic skill to find and harvest the gushers is all that is needed. If a player is willing to use a 1000xp naked alt to game the system how is that any different to 1000xp alts being used right now to capture outposts/holdings or in the past when capturing towers?
I'm not suggesting we restrict gushers in any way. I think a harvesting kit to exploit a gusher should be a substantial apparatus that is too heavy for an alt to haul. That's all. It will effectively be a specialized outpost, but will not take an hour to put up as the outposts do (which presumes that your workers are hauling materials from the surrounding terrain to build the outpost and does not go active until the next PvP window.)
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Decius
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Quijenoth Starkiller
I'm not suggesting we restrict gushers at in any way. I think a harvesting kit to exploit a gusher should be a substantial apparatus that is too heavy for an alt to haul. That's all. It will effectively be a specialized outpost, but will not take an hour to put up as the outposts do (which presumes that your workers are hauling materials from the surrounding terrain to build the outpost and does not go active until the next PvP window.)
"Heavier than a mule can carry" is pretty heavy.
Midnight
Decius
A group of 49 t2 characters and 1 t3 character will be pretty close but have a slight edge to a group of 50 t2 characters. Ability to project sustained force will continue to dominate the outcome of conflicts.

Agreed, but when 50 people continually target the T3 guy, I'm guessing the gear cost of that battle favors those completely outfitted in t2.

Now it could be that those in T3 will have enough of it stockpiled to sustain being a perennially primary target in any battle for months. But if not, they need to start stockpiling. (Have I mentioned I'm a t3 gatherer?) smile

I think that if I am in T3 I'm going to feel like I did in Eve flying a Scorpion. Scorpions were an e-war battleship that can turn off other ships' targeting, and are so hated by opposing Fleet Commanders that I often was tempted to just name my ship "Primary".

(The good thing about Scorpions is e-war pilots were so in demand that we qualified for Ship Replacement Programs at 125% cost and we were even allowed/encouraged to douple-dip on corp and alliance SRP. I made money every time I died).
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Hobson Fiffledown
Yes, as I've said for a while, rouges are too OP.

Thankfully, my eyeliner game is on point.
This space for rent.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post