Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Pathfinder Online will be ending operations on November 28, 2021. For more details please visit our FAQ.

Territorial Borders in Pathfinder Online

MidniteArrow
Phaeros was a guess. I'm happy to update that if I get real information.
Drakis [Arrodima] [Default Speaker] [PvE Soldier, Empyrean Legion ]
Nijah [Arrodima] [Leader, The Argent Defenders, PvE]
Jinh [Arrodima] [Leader, The Concordian Council]
MidniteArrow
Update: https://s32.postimg.org/64cqw0hnp/River_Kingdoms.jpg

Note that the area near Rotter's Hole is disputed, thus the swords.

Key:

Green: High Road Covenant
Purple: Dominion of the Northern Marches
Aqua: Aeonian League
Blue: Brighthaven Alliance
Yellow: Keeper's Pass
Orange: Phaeros
Gray: Emerald Lodge
Bringslite
+10
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Smitty
MidniteArrow
You aren’t going to like this… But I cant help but think how slanted and skewed your “map” ( that looks really good) is. If you are really going to put out a community resource my request is you do it on behalf of the community.

I cant find any territory claims listed for Phearos, or for Keepers under their settlement pages.. but since they are part of the Old EBA and your friends.. It is perfectly acceptable to announce to the community that they are interested in controlling the area around their settlements ( typically 2 hexes out..)..

If you can assume that for 2 settlements that have no official claim? How come the rest of the map doesn’t get the same consideration? Take that as you will, but don’t make an “player resource” and then place obvious bias into it…

I don’t even know who runs Phearos now.. I imagine its Decius.. but that is a guess.. Edam posted an unofficial Keepers claim.. and made sure it was understood as unofficial in that post( he even seemed unsure what the claim was)..

If a settlement is going to make claims at least make them publish them.. you shouldn’t just color the hexes you think they should have based on _____.. ( your thoughts.. your private conversations , historical control, etc…)
Edam
Smitty
MidniteArrow
You aren’t going to like this… But I cant help but think how slanted and skewed your “map” ( that looks really good) is. If you are really going to put out a community resource my request is you do it on behalf of the community.

I cant find any territory claims listed for Phearos, or for Keepers under their settlement pages.. but since they are part of the Old EBA and your friends.. It is perfectly acceptable to announce to the community that they are interested in controlling the area around their settlements ( typically 2 hexes out..)..

If you can assume that for 2 settlements that have no official claim? How come the rest of the map doesn’t get the same consideration? Take that as you will, but don’t make an “player resource” and then place obvious bias into it…

I don’t even know who runs Phearos now.. I imagine its Decius.. but that is a guess.. Edam posted an unofficial Keepers claim.. and made sure it was understood as unofficial in that post( he even seemed unsure what the claim was)..

If a settlement is going to make claims at least make them publish them.. you shouldn’t just color the hexes you think they should have based on _____.. ( your thoughts.. your private conversations , historical control, etc…)

The keeper hexes on that map seem to be the hexes where KP has holdings. Well actually there is one more hex we have a holding in not marked. Which is not to say we "claim" them. It is just where our holdings happen to be.
MidniteArrow
No offense taken. I use my knowledge to make this map, not sure how I can do anything else. KP and PH were included because I was notified of shared territory control with BHA. Such shared territory implies a claim of territory.

This map represents my current understanding. If you represent a nation that is missing or incorrect, please send me details and I will update the map.
Seraph
People seem to be really fussy about the word "claim" and when it should and should not be used. If you put a holding down somewhere, you're claiming it, regardless of what rules you may or may not want to enforce there.

I think the idea with this map is to provide the most accurate possible depiction of who owns and lives on what land in the game currently, using each political group's official claims if possible and holdings or agreements if otherwise. This is a completely harmless, helpful undertaking, as much as drawing political borders can be.

Instead of just saying something is wrong, please state how you would like it to be updated.
Seraph
Cleric of Sarenrae
Brighthaven
Smitty
Will try to be helpful then..
Title of the thread.. Territorial boarder in PFO,,
If the map is meant to represent where active players are based out of..and doesn’t represent official rules about hunting and gathering in those areas.. You know The Aragon/Medish folks are active.. You know paddy and gang are active .. I am still active around Callambea (as a few others).. Yet those areas blank..
If the map is suppose to represent areas where hunting and gathering restrictions exist.. Then you should base the controlled areas off of .. How did you guys word it when killing the legend escalation near talonguard in General ?.. A Public announcement of territory on the forums..
So I guess My question would be what does this map represent? Territory boarders that have declared laws or just geographical areas that active players live in..?
If it is boarders that have declared laws - then you should remove Phearos and Keeprs until there it is actually declaration..
If this is just a map of where people are active- then you should give all active settlements the same courtesy of controlling the hexes around their settlements (like you did with Phearos and Keepers).

Just my opinion ..

I like the idea behind both maps.. just not sure which idea this map is suppose to represent..

Drogon
I would agree with Smitty and his points should be considered.
HpoD - "I have, however, sat and watched as others took things more personally (on both sides) and became zealots, charging forward on a shining white horse into a pile of shit. Forum Warriors at their peak, striding the battlefield knee deep in the bloody, broken arguments of their adversaries before the burning village of their credibility….Chill guys. "
Decius
A more useful map would show areas where groups have threats active (such as "we will attack you if you gather|stripmine|build holdings here), which actions are threatened, and who is doing the threatening.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post