Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Pathfinder Online will be ending operations on November 28, 2021. For more details please visit our FAQ.

Territorial Borders in Pathfinder Online

Paddy Fitzpatrick
Oh ok FINE i am gonna do something stupid and speak on this.

So maybe someone oughta do some scouting to see how many of those claimed hexes got holdings in em?

Maybe someone can then post those stats on some other thread.
Paddy Fitzpatrick - Rí Ruírec of Fianna, roaming bands of noble warriors!
Member of Aragon Alliance and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.
Find us on PFO Discord
Mistwalker
Drogon
Mistwalker
In other threads, some have stated that the HRC has claimed the most territory. This too is incorrect.

The AL has claimed 8 settlements, with 123 hexes in total, with 0 shared and 0 shield hex included. About 15 hexes per settlement.

The BHA has claimed 3 settlements, with 88 hexes claimed (including 5 under dispute by the HRC), an additional 7 hexes shared with other settlements and 0 shield hexes. About 29 to 32 hexes per settlement (depending on how where the shared hexes are counted or not)..

The HRC has claimed 5 settlements, with 107 hexes claimed, with an additional 14 hexes shared with other settlements and 14 shield hexes. About 18 to 24 hexes per settlement (depending on how where the shared hexes are counted or not and if the shield hexes are counted or not).

I acquired the numbers by going to the alliance's claim thread and counting the hexes.

The AL has claimed more settlements and hexes.
The BHA has claimed more hexes per settlement.

Thank you Mistwalker for this interesting perspective. I would like to point out that you are missing what is probably the most important comparison of all.

The HRC has claimed more hexes and settlements per active player.

Well, once again I see that BHA is moving the goal posts when their inaccurate information is challenged.
Drakis stated how many hexes were claimed by the HRC - neglecting to inform folks that he was not only counting the hexes claimed officially by the HRC, but also any hex with an HRC holding in it, regardless of their location.
BHA has also claimed that the HRC has the most settlements, that the HRC is gobbling them up in the West. I pointed out that that was incorrect, the AL has the most claimed settlements.

So, now that those inaccuracies have been dealt with, you now are moving the goal posts to say that people should look at the number of hexes claimed per active player. Those statistics are not available, so there is no way to verify them one way or another - yet you feel comfortable making broad statements on the subject.
MidniteArrow
Mistwalker
Drakis stated how many hexes were claimed by the HRC - neglecting to inform folks that he was not only counting the hexes claimed officially by the HRC, but also any hex with an HRC holding in it, regardless of their location.

I did no such thing. All my counts came out of the map software and represent, to the best of my knowledge, your exact claim. If they are off, it should be that there are green hexes that shouldn't be green. If you can give me details, I'm happy to update and re-post.

Now my count does include the contested hexes, because I have not been notified that HRC has removed those from its claim.
Drakis [Arrodima] [Default Speaker] [PvE Soldier, Empyrean Legion ]
Nijah [Arrodima] [Leader, The Argent Defenders, PvE]
Jinh [Arrodima] [Leader, The Concordian Council]
Mistwalker
MidniteArrow
Mistwalker

I did no such thing. All my counts came out of the map software and represent, to the best of my knowledge, your exact claim. If they are off, it should be that there are green hexes that shouldn't be green. If you can give me details, I'm happy to update and re-post.

Now my count does include the contested hexes, because I have not been notified that HRC has removed those from its claim.

I counted the hexes on the maps of BHA, AL and HRC.
I have no idea what software that you are using, nor what criteria that you entered or could enter into it.
I will admit that not going back and finding the quote where it was stated that your count included hexes were there were holdings.
Fiery
A direct comparison of the HRC map and Nijah's shows it being the exact same? I also can't find any quote here that says he included holdings…Seraph said earlier that if you have a holding somewhere, you're claiming it, but that is clearly not reflected in the map.
MidniteArrow
Mistwalker
I have no idea what software that you are using, nor what criteria that you entered or could enter into it.

I'm using QGIS. I manually entered the data from the map that Cal posted in the OP. The software spits out the following numbers:

108 hexes are HRC-only
11 hexes are shared with the dominion
5 hexes are contested with BHA.

If a count was off, it was just error on my part. But that error certainly had nothing to do with holding hexes not represented by the HRC map. I never did anything like that. I've tried to enter the data that HRC provided via the OP.
Drakis [Arrodima] [Default Speaker] [PvE Soldier, Empyrean Legion ]
Nijah [Arrodima] [Leader, The Argent Defenders, PvE]
Jinh [Arrodima] [Leader, The Concordian Council]

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post