Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

The tyranny of the blob.

Edam
There may be a miniscule increase in "local demand" for gear from the occasional long distance PvE person silly enough to go half way across the map in damaged gear but overall the effect will be minimal.

To be honest there actually is substantial gear churn at the moment among people taking risks and blitzing high level escalations. Many people are choosing to slot a single implement or slot a T1 second implement to reduce death costs for example. The fact that some more conservative players working in larger parties and using slow but safe strats like "drop party and pull" rarely or never replace gear is beside the point. The people out there trying to blitz escalations do churn through gear they simply replace it in house or buy them on the non-auction house "greymarket".

Back on topic of "the blob" … it may be worth noting that gamings most infamous "blob", Goonswarm, has been all but wiped out by forces financed by an online gambling site .
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Bringslite
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Bringslite
Reduced gear churn = Bad. Why can my gear take 20 hits? Maybe durability 20 gear should be a capstone crafter ability. Maybe durability should be a direct result of the craft facility quality. Maybe durability could add variety and actually USE some of these odd materials(meteoric iron stands out) and alternate recipes(capstone, faction, super rare finds, super rare innovation discoveries).
Durability will only matter on threaded gear though, wont it? Everything unthreaded will stay on your husk.

Well I suppose that losing some gear would create local specific demand for more, but it isn't as if LESS gear will be around because some switches hands.
By the nature of husks, the durability of dropped gear will decrease to approximately 4 (on average), since it will have a 25% chance of being removed from the system.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Bringslite
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Bringslite
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Bringslite
Reduced gear churn = Bad. Why can my gear take 20 hits? Maybe durability 20 gear should be a capstone crafter ability. Maybe durability should be a direct result of the craft facility quality. Maybe durability could add variety and actually USE some of these odd materials(meteoric iron stands out) and alternate recipes(capstone, faction, super rare finds, super rare innovation discoveries).
Durability will only matter on threaded gear though, wont it? Everything unthreaded will stay on your husk.

Well I suppose that losing some gear would create local specific demand for more, but it isn't as if LESS gear will be around because some switches hands.
By the nature of husks, the durability of dropped gear will decrease to approximately 4 (on average), since it will have a 25% chance of being removed from the system.

Now that was known to me but slipped my mind. D'erp!
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post