Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

So Long For Now, Golarion

Zax
Too tired to write out all I wanted to in an eloquent and meaningful manner, so I will just state the following;

I am taking a break from the online world of Golarion.

I am tired of seeing "it's the end of the world" topic posts whenever there is the least bit of conflict, on the server or in the forums. There is enough drama in the world without some players, some not even playing in the game, making those types of posts.

I am tired of being Good in a world of Evil and indifference, I get enough of that in real life, and certainly don't need to pay for it here.

I play games to have fun. To escape. Not to embroil myself further into other peoples' agendas, hidden or otherwise. It was my mistake to enter the forums and think people would be honest and reasonable. I should have just continued to play the actual game and not the "Forum Warrior" game. My fault. Lesson learned.

So, as the title states, so long for now, Golarion, I need to recharge my Bozone layer…
Azure_Zero
I and likely a number of others, know what your feeling about all this crap…
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Aw man, that sucks.

Rather not see ya go over "forum pvp".

Like i said before, too much "forum pvp" = stiffling actual PvP and actual content.
Paddy Fitzpatrick - Rí Ruírec of Fianna, roaming bands of noble warriors!
Member of the Kathalpas Coalition and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.
Find us on PFO Discord
Bringslite
Sad to read this Zax. I don't know if I know you or any of your characters, but I do regret whatever part I have had in your decision here.

It is impossible for me to know the motivations of all the posters on these threads, but I do know that one of the highest arts of strategy is Bloodless Victory. Do not confuse that with "forum warrior" causing players to quit the game, please! What I mean is that if you can get a situation that you do not like changed with words instead of swords, it is generally considered the best way to do things. Might not apply to competitive sandboxes because it takes from in game content.

Anyway, please just take a day or two and see if it doesn't bother you as much as it does right now. We will most likely be on some other topic by then. It isn't worth leaving a game that you really like over forum junk.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Drogon
Bringslite
Sad to read this Zax. I don't know if I know you or any of your characters, but I do regret whatever part I have had in your decision here.

It is impossible for me to know the motivations of all the posters on these threads, but I do know that one of the highest arts of strategy is Bloodless Victory. Do not confuse that with "forum warrior" causing players to quit the game, please! What I mean is that if you can get a situation that you do not like changed with words instead of swords, it is generally considered the best way to do things. Might not apply to competitive sandboxes because it takes from in game content.

Anyway, please just take a day or two and see if it doesn't bother you as much as it does right now. We will most likely be on some other topic by then. It isn't worth leaving a game that you really like over forum junk.

+1
HpoD - "I have, however, sat and watched as others took things more personally (on both sides) and became zealots, charging forward on a shining white horse into a pile of shit. Forum Warriors at their peak, striding the battlefield knee deep in the bloody, broken arguments of their adversaries before the burning village of their credibility….Chill guys. "
Nails
That really sucks Zax, it really does. Hope you come back soon…….
Midnight
In most of the games I play, I don't even read the forums.

That seems kind of dangerous in a sandbox, though, plus part of the crowdforging process we were asked to do is to create a history to this world before Open Enrollment. Doing stuff in game without writing about it would mean everything we are doing now is actually prehistoric.

That being said, watching people quibble over very small details of what happened days ago or even months ago is understandably boring when it isn't YOUR war, and sometimes even when it *is* your war.
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Zax
Bozone Layer recharged, blade sharpened, armor polished, focus…uh…re-focused…

Man, I really missed Golarion and it's denizens…
Maxen
Welcome home, Zax.
Drogon
Zax
Bozone Layer recharged, blade sharpened, armor polished, focus…uh…re-focused…

Man, I really missed Golarion and it's denizens…
Stay off the forums , that's an order smile
HpoD - "I have, however, sat and watched as others took things more personally (on both sides) and became zealots, charging forward on a shining white horse into a pile of shit. Forum Warriors at their peak, striding the battlefield knee deep in the bloody, broken arguments of their adversaries before the burning village of their credibility….Chill guys. "

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post