Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Posturing?

MidniteArrow
[ooc] It makes complete sense. To the player. The character is still going to push for a lawful world.
Drakis [Arrodima] [Default Speaker] [PvE Soldier, Empyrean Legion ]
Nijah [Arrodima] [Leader, The Argent Defenders, PvE]
Jinh [Arrodima] [Leader, The Concordian Council]
Edam
Note that none of the old EBA settlements were ever Lawful.

Every EBA settlement at that time was NG or TN though I believe some individual companies at the time intended to align Lawful when the mechanism became available.

Keeper's Pass, which is now an independent free port of sorts (not that it matters much from a practical point of view until the map expands as we are landlocked on the current map behind BHA territory), is still NG and intends to stay NG, Sarenrae be praised.

Absolutely no idea what alignment the current BHA or HRC settlements are claiming.
Bringslite
MidniteArrow
Bringslite
The thing that might be overlooked in all of this is that there are really only two reasons that we are laying out territory declarations or that we feel we need to.

[ooc] I disagree. When a place is considered your "home", you want your name on the deed. If only for symbolic reasons.

Maybe the meta players only have these two reasons. We're not all meta players.
Meta players?

My point is that all of this is going to feel silly when we are at the point of having to fight over every single worthwhile escalation. Every single piece of T2 or T3 resource will be contested. There will be many times the demand for these things than there are now.

Future development may temper it a bit by widening availability, but it will be interesting and make all of this seem so petty, for sure.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
MidniteArrow
Bringslite
Meta players?

[ooc] Players concerned primarily with game mechanics as opposed to role players.
Drakis [Arrodima] [Default Speaker] [PvE Soldier, Empyrean Legion ]
Nijah [Arrodima] [Leader, The Argent Defenders, PvE]
Jinh [Arrodima] [Leader, The Concordian Council]
Bringslite
MidniteArrow
Bringslite
Meta players?

[ooc] Players concerned primarily with game mechanics as opposed to role players.
Yeah, I can understand that. The role player in me likes the idea of kingdoms and stuff like that. The war gamer is excited for the future in that aspect.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Ravenlute
Side question: Who here joined their Company/Settlement because of its alignment?

There are more than a few of us who did. We were drawn to that playstyle, attitude and outlook. It is then foolish to think that all groups operate the same way. Lawful people expect order, discipline and accountability at all levels of their social structure. They demand it of themselves and others. However, those who are not of the Lawful persuasion feel differently and will act differently. Trying to convince one type to be the other is a waste of time and, at this point, 13 pages of nonsense.

I know this makes sense to you all, even though you may deny it to save face among your peers. Carry on.

Actually, it doesnt to me…

Chaos does not automatically imply a complete hyper-individualistic free for all or lack of expectation of respect, professional courtesy, work ethic, or competence from members of a chaotic group.

There is a reason I defined it as also chaos by ideology, or promoting constant change and innovating ways to challenge the ststus quo. It is about more fluid ways of organizing and handling things that can be adapted on the fly. It is about being less formal at times or by taking things in a case by case basis but not a complete disavowal of the reality that you need some basic facilitator and point of contact to keep things moving.

Even random bands of roaming nomads and certainly bandits who just wanna cause trouble have some basic chain of command in order to GET SHIT DONE! If ya cant get shit done, you will not survive in the long term no matter who you are or what alignment you claim to be.

As for knowing who is doing what at any given time…

Its called communication! We always have a pretty good idea of what each of our guys is up to even if each of us are sort of doing our own thing at the moment. We take each other to task if need be and we also make sure everyone is doing ok. There are ways to do it. We also can get a decent turnaround time for responses if someone needs something. Thats not "law", thats just promoting a good tight knit culture of openess and being straight with one another in your group. You dont need strict codified rules and regulations to promote it, ya just need to put in the time and commitment to make it grow organically from the bottom up.
Paddy Fitzpatrick - Rí Ruírec of Fianna, roaming bands of noble warriors!
Member of the Kathalpas Coalition and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.
Find us on PFO Discord
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Drogon
any HRC settlement may make a separate claim. As long as…their declaration does not include any of our BHA-2 claimed hexes we will recognize each claim in turn
"As long as you only claim things we allow you to claim, we will recognize your claim." leaving out "But if you claim something, and then we want it, we'll just take it and put holdings in it while pretending we are willing to have a discussion about it."
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Drogon
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Ravenlute
Side question: Who here joined their Company/Settlement because of its alignment?

There are more than a few of us who did. We were drawn to that playstyle, attitude and outlook. It is then foolish to think that all groups operate the same way. Lawful people expect order, discipline and accountability at all levels of their social structure. They demand it of themselves and others. However, those who are not of the Lawful persuasion feel differently and will act differently. Trying to convince one type to be the other is a waste of time and, at this point, 13 pages of nonsense.

I know this makes sense to you all, even though you may deny it to save face among your peers. Carry on.

Actually, it doesnt to me…

Chaos does not automatically imply a complete hyper-individualistic free for all or lack of expectation of respect, professional courtesy, work ethic, or competence from members of a chaotic group.

There is a reason I defined it as also chaos by ideology, or promoting constant change and innovating ways to challenge the ststus quo. It is about more fluid ways of organizing and handling things that can be adapted on the fly. It is about being less formal at times or by taking things in a case by case basis but not a complete disavowal of the reality that you need some basic facilitator and point of contact to keep things moving.

Even random bands of roaming nomads and certainly bandits who just wanna cause trouble have some basic chain of command in order to GET SHIT DONE! If ya cant get shit done, you will not survive in the long term no matter who you are or what alignment you claim to be.

As for knowing who is doing what at any given time…

Its called communication! We always have a pretty good idea of what each of our guys is up to even if each of us are sort of doing our own thing at the moment. We take each other to task if need be and we also make sure everyone is doing ok. There are ways to do it. We also can get a decent turnaround time for responses if someone needs something. Thats not "law", thats just promoting a good tight knit culture of openess and being straight with one another in your group. You dont need strict codified rules and regulations to promote it, ya just need to put in the time and commitment to make it grow organically from the bottom up.

+1
HpoD - "I have, however, sat and watched as others took things more personally (on both sides) and became zealots, charging forward on a shining white horse into a pile of shit. Forum Warriors at their peak, striding the battlefield knee deep in the bloody, broken arguments of their adversaries before the burning village of their credibility….Chill guys. "
Drogon
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Drogon
any HRC settlement may make a separate claim. As long as…their declaration does not include any of our BHA-2 claimed hexes we will recognize each claim in turn
"As long as you only claim things we allow you to claim, we will recognize your claim." leaving out "But if you claim something, and then we want it, we'll just take it and put holdings in it while pretending we are willing to have a discussion about it."

Come on Cal, we have overlapping claims on 3 insignificant hexes at the fringe of the map (not including 2 shield hexes) , we did not claim rights to the t3 hexes nor are we trying to "capture Rotters Hole" as many of you believe. We can continue to have these be contested "forever" or agree to share the ownership of them putting an end to this.
HpoD - "I have, however, sat and watched as others took things more personally (on both sides) and became zealots, charging forward on a shining white horse into a pile of shit. Forum Warriors at their peak, striding the battlefield knee deep in the bloody, broken arguments of their adversaries before the burning village of their credibility….Chill guys. "
Spire Mining Co
Drogon
Until then, any HRC settlement may make a separate claim. As long as they have a leader willing to accept respoibilty for their settlemmet members and their declaration does not include any of our BHA-2 claimed hexes we will recognize each claim in turn.
Sweet! I will speak to Benevolent Leader immediately about allowing me to accept responsibility for the actions of all members of the settlement, joining the HRC and declaring Brighthaven's core six to be Golgotha claimed territory. Once the announcement is made, we will expect all Brighthaven members to stay out of those hexes, per Drogon's commitment.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post