Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Posturing?

Midnight
I'm speaking as an outsider, but I think it might simply be too late for anyone to cave on your claim.

It looks to me like you've taken a $5,000 investment and turned it into a tavern that is likely to be boycotted by the people closest to it, and one which players will probably be publicly shamed for frequenting (if they aren't killed on their way).

It's really kind of amazing just how badly your claim has gone, and it might go down as one of the most expensive blunders in PFO history (if *popular* taverns actually turn out to be valuable).
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
MidniteArrow
[ooc] It is amazing to me how badly the BHA claim has gone. I think we would differ on the cause. And in reality, it is only going bad [or good] from the perspective a very small number of people. If the game is successful, I would be surprised if anything we're doing now has a lasting effect. The overwhelming peak player base isn't in-game. Those in charge are likely to be dethroned. If the taverns are useful, they will be put to use. If players make it their goal to prevent that use, they will be opposed.
Drakis [Arrodima] [Default Speaker] [PvE Soldier, Empyrean Legion ]
Nijah [Arrodima] [Leader, The Argent Defenders, PvE]
Jinh [Arrodima] [Leader, The Concordian Council]
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Drogon
Come on Cal, we have overlapping claims on 3 insignificant hexes at the fringe of the map (not including 2 shield hexes) , we did not claim rights to the t3 hexes nor are we trying to "capture Rotters Hole" as many of you believe. We can continue to have these be contested "forever" or agree to share the ownership of them putting an end to this.
I don't know of anyone who thinks you are trying "capture" Rotter's Hole. Like the shield hexes which make up the majority of your claim, it is an NPC reserved hex and, as we understand it, can't be controlled by any player.

From my point of view, you are free to believe that the hexes will be contested forever. I'm not going to bother to contest them in the least. Holding capture was broken by the devs in an attempt to please a bunch of players in the deep south who mostly don't even appear to be involved any more, and unless there is a dramatic change, I'm probably never going to participate in another holding takeover attempt.

My understanding is that we were fully willing to let you do pretty much whatever you want in the area, as long as you didn't draw a political border around an indestructible purchased item. You misrepresented both our position and your own in public, and chose to browbeat us into accepting your terms in our first followup meeting. You insulted us to our faces by implying we are in a hopeless position and our only chance to "save face" was to do what you wanted, in return for which you would "permit" us to leave with our dignity intact.

I agree with you utterly that those hexes are insignificant. What's happening in them is not, and I don't think it ever will be. Am I allowed to refer them as as our version of Falklands Islands, or would that be "extremely racist?"
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Midnight
MidniteArrow
[ooc] It is amazing to me how badly the BHA claim has gone. I think we would differ on the cause. And in reality, it is only going bad [or good] from the perspective a very small number of people. If the game is successful, I would be surprised if anything we're doing now has a lasting effect. The overwhelming peak player base isn't in-game. Those in charge are likely to be dethroned. If the taverns are useful, they will be put to use. If players make it their goal to prevent that use, they will be opposed.

The thing with crowdforging is we're crowdforging HISTORY as well as the game.

Do you think an indestructible BoB tavern in Eve would be popular, even though the Great War was years ago? Especially if it was in GoonSquad territory.

Let's bookmark this thread and look in 5 years.
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Drogon
Spire Mining Co
Drogon
Until then, any HRC settlement may make a separate claim. As long as they have a leader willing to accept respoibilty for their settlemmet members and their declaration does not include any of our BHA-2 claimed hexes we will recognize each claim in turn.
Sweet! I will speak to Benevolent Leader immediately about allowing me to accept responsibility for the actions of all members of the settlement, joining the HRC and declaring Brighthaven's core six to be Golgotha claimed territory. Once the announcement is made, we will expect all Brighthaven members to stay out of those hexes, per Drogon's commitment.

edited post and commitment….thank you for pointing out my error smile
HpoD - "I have, however, sat and watched as others took things more personally (on both sides) and became zealots, charging forward on a shining white horse into a pile of shit. Forum Warriors at their peak, striding the battlefield knee deep in the bloody, broken arguments of their adversaries before the burning village of their credibility….Chill guys. "
Drogon
Hobson Fiffledown
I would also agree that no one wants a forever war. They're not very productive for anyone and they're not much fun for anyone involved. The biggest problem, I believe, is that the only two real options for warfare are Ineffective/Symbolic and BURN THE WORLD DOWN. That means we either don't do much at all or escalate things to a silly level.

Despite as much fun as creating a little havoc behind enemy lines sounds, it's just not very effective right now (don't get me wrong, it is still a little fun). Is strip mining really very effective other than against some T3 supply? I thought it was supposed to be rare and problematic to build and equip anyway. Does disrupting any bulk or material supplies affect anyone's machine very much after so much build up?

It's going to be a tough nut for NewCorp to crack, PvP.

I also sort of wonder who the player link is. The BURN THE WORLD DOWN part of me wonders if it's Andius. smile

Edit: Ooo! Can I get in trouble for this idea? (I just… See? It's like I can't help it.)
I am not the player link.

(Not a official BHA position) - your my favorite HRC player smile, maybe you should be their leader smile

Can I rent your signature line for a week? I want it to read "Dawg among Cats"
HpoD - "I have, however, sat and watched as others took things more personally (on both sides) and became zealots, charging forward on a shining white horse into a pile of shit. Forum Warriors at their peak, striding the battlefield knee deep in the bloody, broken arguments of their adversaries before the burning village of their credibility….Chill guys. "
Hobson Fiffledown
Thank you, sir. I appreciate the compliment.

I fell into that leadership trap once a while ago. Ended up in charge of a 1200 person alliance…
F that noise. That was decades ago. (I'll also never fill out an application for any group or be on call for anyone.)

Despite Goblinworks giving us the wrong tools to handle this how they want us to, I'm just happy to have some combat. I was really close to finally unsubbing down to my last account and just waiting for NewCorp. most of them have been sitting around doing not much of anything for months now. Then this sparked some conflict up and I got interested again. (not anything like a quit-threat, it's just how it is. nothing to do with any other players either.)

So, leadership or not, I'm still very much "not it" as far as working this out goes. The (future) HRC took me in long ago when the Aussies of Terra Firma never materialized. Considering my playstyle, it was a risky move back then. I promised them one thing; That I would try not to drag them into anything too messy…if I could help it. And I've done a pretty good job, if I do say so myself. But oh, I will willingly wade into a mess already begun, arms open. The mess is where all of the fun stuff happens.

Funny side story - I was stealthed this morning and sitting around, like I do. Thirty minutes or so had gone by, and I went upstairs to go get a refill on coffee. As I was returning, just feet from my computer, I heard someone cast Agile Feet. By the time I got to the keyboard…nothing. They were already off my screen. Frustrating and hilarious!
This space for rent.
Thod-Theodum
@Hobson
You should have cast Agile Feet before making the coffee smile
Thod/Theodum are the OOC/IC leaders of the Emerald Lodge - a neutral settlement in the center of the mal that tries to the first to explore the Emerald Spire - should that part of the game ever become available. We have a strong in game and out of game relationship with the Pathfinder Society.
We welcome both hard core players as well as casual players with or without tabletop experience. We have a strong group in Europe and are slowly expanding into the US. We are predominately PvE as our neutral political stance means that we tend to use PvP only in self-defence. We are not anti-PVP - but expect limited PvP opportunity with us.
Decius
Midnight
MidniteArrow

The thing with crowdforging is we're crowdforging HISTORY as well as the game.

Do you think an indestructible BoB tavern in Eve would be popular, even though the Great War was years ago? Especially if it was in GoonSquad territory.

Let's bookmark this thread and look in 5 years.
What if it was a station in hisec and they put POSs in the adjacent POS space?
Midnight
If BoB had an indestructible tavern in Jita I'd suicide on anything that looked like it was headed there (if having customers enriched BoB). I'm not alone. There are thousands of players who would do the same.

There most certainly would be people parking ships there 23/7 to video-record who came and went so that such customers could have their standings adjusted by players/organizations who cared.
-Edmund Burke

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post