Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Posturing?

MidniteArrow
Caldeathe Baequiannia
My understanding is that we were fully willing to let you do pretty much whatever you want in the area, as long as you didn't draw a political border around an indestructible purchased item.

[Drakis] BHA removed that from their claim, and the current border is drawn based on holdings.
Drakis [Arrodima] [Default Speaker] [PvE Soldier, Empyrean Legion ]
Nijah [Arrodima] [Leader, The Argent Defenders, PvE]
Jinh [Arrodima] [Leader, The Concordian Council]
Caldeathe Baequiannia
MidniteArrow
Caldeathe Baequiannia
My understanding is that we were fully willing to let you do pretty much whatever you want in the area, as long as you didn't draw a political border around an indestructible purchased item.

[Drakis] BHA removed that from their claim, and the current border is drawn based on holdings.
You don't seem to be grasping what the word "around" means.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
MidniteArrow
Caldeathe Baequiannia

[Drakis] I am. BHA would have been fine if you hadn't claimed territory "around" The Haven.
Drakis [Arrodima] [Default Speaker] [PvE Soldier, Empyrean Legion ]
Nijah [Arrodima] [Leader, The Argent Defenders, PvE]
Jinh [Arrodima] [Leader, The Concordian Council]
Caldeathe Baequiannia
MidniteArrow
Caldeathe Baequiannia

[Drakis] I am. BHA would have been fine if you hadn't claimed territory "around" The Haven.
Perfect. Because we've been assured, repeatedly, that your justification for doing this isn't the tavern.
Decius
It's not possible to remove BHA interests from the area. It seems trivially easy to accommodate those interests peacefully and without creating a precedent.

The facts haven't changed in a while. If you're gonna fight over it, fight over it. If you're gonna go guerrilla go guerrilla Ask Cal's mercs how boring or effective it is to raid a group once they harden up.
Bringslite
Decius
It's not possible to remove BHA interests from the area. It seems trivially easy to accommodate those interests peacefully and without creating a precedent.

The facts haven't changed in a while. If you're gonna fight over it, fight over it. If you're gonna go guerrilla go guerrilla Ask Cal's mercs how boring or effective it is to raid a group once they harden up.

It isn't? Are Taverns so hardwired into the code that they can't be relocated by request? I have a feeling that GW's intent with these Taverns was far different than issues of Territorial Conflict.

Are you aware whether The BHA owner of this Tavern has requested and been denied a relocation? Does anyone really know WHO The BHA owner of this Tavern actually is? I mean on paper, in the real world.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Midnight
Moving the tavern seems contrary to the concept of meaningful choices.

I'll be the first to admit I'd like a do-over on a lot of things I didn't fully comprehend or grasp at the start of EE, but as long as I'm stuck with my choices, fairness suggests we ALL be stuck with our choices.

If someone wants to make an argument on the dollar cost of a tavern meriting special consideration for a do-over… well I'm not far behind that tavern cost on the total sum I've paid towards this game.
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Decius
It seems trivially easy to accommodate those interests peacefully and without creating a precedent.
It was. But they insisted on drawing a national border around it and then didn't give us a chance to respond, despite agreeing to meet again in two days.
Decius
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Decius
It seems trivially easy to accommodate those interests peacefully and without creating a precedent.
It was. But they insisted on drawing a national border around it and then didn't give us a chance to respond, despite agreeing to meet again in two days.
We're you having trouble with your informal structure reaching a decision, or was the decision of your informal structure to delay?

For the moment, I'm not being rhetorical, indirect-aggressive, or entrapping. Having heard one and a half sides of the story, what I've seen so far points slightly towards "intentional delay with the intention of indefinite delay", but very strongly towards a position too complex to explain briefly in a charitable summary.
Bringslite
Midnight
Moving the tavern seems contrary to the concept of meaningful choices.

I'll be the first to admit I'd like a do-over on a lot of things I didn't fully comprehend or grasp at the start of EE, but as long as I'm stuck with my choices, fairness suggests we ALL be stuck with our choices.

If someone wants to make an argument on the dollar cost of a tavern meriting special consideration for a do-over… well I'm not far behind that tavern cost on the total sum I've paid towards this game.

Not a bad point. There is the argument, also, that this map is a fraction of the intended game map. Yeah Tavern holders could have waited to place their Taverns. Yeah it really doesn't matter much if the owner doesn't want to move the thing.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post