Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Posturing?

Caldeathe Baequiannia
No, Decius, there no issues, structural or otherwise.

We were clear on day one that we'd be happy to rent them a hex for virtually nothing, and more hexes if it turned out the Tavern needed more at some point, as long as they didn't insist on drawing a national border around it.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Drogon
Bringslite
Midnight
Moving the tavern seems contrary to the concept of meaningful choices.

I'll be the first to admit I'd like a do-over on a lot of things I didn't fully comprehend or grasp at the start of EE, but as long as I'm stuck with my choices, fairness suggests we ALL be stuck with our choices.

If someone wants to make an argument on the dollar cost of a tavern meriting special consideration for a do-over… well I'm not far behind that tavern cost on the total sum I've paid towards this game.

Not a bad point. There is the argument, also, that this map is a fraction of the intended game map. Yeah Tavern holders could have waited to place their Taverns. Yeah it really doesn't matter much if the owner doesn't want to move the thing.

My understanding is that all tavern owners were required to choose their positions back then. Some chose current map locations and some chose locations on non active parts of the map. So even if we cannot reach them due to the barrier, they do exist and have already been designated for specific locations.
HpoD - "I have, however, sat and watched as others took things more personally (on both sides) and became zealots, charging forward on a shining white horse into a pile of shit. Forum Warriors at their peak, striding the battlefield knee deep in the bloody, broken arguments of their adversaries before the burning village of their credibility….Chill guys. "
Decius
The tavern was placed at the crossroads because TEO wanted to have a presence nearer FRW and on the presumed major routes.

The interest in the area predates and is the reason for the tavern.
Decius
Caldeathe Baequiannia

We were clear on day one that we'd be happy to rent them a hex for virtually nothing, and more hexes if it turned out the Tavern needed more at some point, as long as they didn't insist on drawing a national border around it.
I thought you needed more time to respond to negotiations. That's been consistent from all accounts, and normally means that an unanticipated offer was made and the diplomat is uncomfortable or unauthorized to respond immediately.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Decius
Caldeathe Baequiannia

I thought you needed more time to respond to negotiations. That's been consistent from all accounts, and normally means that an unanticipated offer was made and the diplomat is uncomfortable or unauthorized to respond immediately.
That was after the second meeting. They left the first meeting because they needed to consider our terms, and came back with a counter offer that required a few minutes of private discussion. We set the first available time for a third meeting, then they put down holdings.
Ravenlute
Paddy Fitzpatrick
There is a reason I defined it as also chaos by ideology, or promoting constant change and innovating ways to challenge the ststus quo. It is about more fluid ways of organizing and handling things that can be adapted on the fly. It is about being less formal at times or by taking things in a case by case basis but not a complete disavowal of the reality that you need some basic facilitator and point of contact to keep things moving.

Even random bands of roaming nomads and certainly bandits who just wanna cause trouble have some basic chain of command in order to GET SHIT DONE! If ya cant get shit done, you will not survive in the long term no matter who you are or what alignment you claim to be.

I'm taking this back to the present issue.

By this common sense reasoning we would have never survived as long as we have if we didn't have a way to get things done. In order to do that we must have "some basic facilitator and point of contact to keep things moving."

No where does it state that it is required that we disclose our seating arrangement to the public, general or private. Just because we build a machine doesn't mean we have to tell anyone how it works.
Myl - Herald of Stone Bear Clan (Tavernhold)
"You can walk into Tavernhold but a horse will have to carry you out."
Decius
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Decius
Caldeathe Baequiannia

That was after the second meeting. They left the first meeting because they needed to consider our terms, and came back with a counter offer that required a few minutes of private discussion. We set the first available time for a third meeting, then they put down holdings.
So, the HRC received an offer that they were not prepared to respond to and needed more time to discuss. Was te offer beyond what you had contemplated or otherwise unexpectable for some reason?
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Decius
So, the HRC received an offer that they were not prepared to respond to and needed more time to discuss. Was te offer beyond what you had contemplated or otherwise unexpectable for some reason?
? Is that not implicit in needing a few minutes to discuss it?
Lisa Stevens
Bringslite
Not a bad point. There is the argument, also, that this map is a fraction of the intended game map. Yeah Tavern holders could have waited to place their Taverns. Yeah it really doesn't matter much if the owner doesn't want to move the thing.

Just wanted to point out that there at least 3 tavern owners who have done just that. They are waiting for the map to expand to place their taverns.
MidniteArrow
[Drakis] This conflict began with HRC drawing a national border around BHA property, and continues only because they are unwilling to negotiate that border.

We're willing to share. They are not. They're willing to not kick us out if we cede to them the right to kick us out.
Drakis [Arrodima] [Default Speaker] [PvE Soldier, Empyrean Legion ]
Nijah [Arrodima] [Leader, The Argent Defenders, PvE]
Jinh [Arrodima] [Leader, The Concordian Council]

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post