Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Posturing?

MidniteArrow
BHA already acknowledged the wrongness of our member's action in entering HRC territory and made a formal apology. BHA has only acted in a way minimally required by the community to establish a right to The Haven. HRC is refusing to negotiate and repeatedly escalated this conflict. We only have a presence in the area because of HRC's threats.
Drakis [Arrodima] [Default Speaker] [PvE Soldier, Empyrean Legion ]
Nijah [Arrodima] [Leader, The Argent Defenders, PvE]
Jinh [Arrodima] [Leader, The Concordian Council]
Caldeathe Baequiannia
MidniteArrow
We only have a presence in the area because of HRC's threats.
Which threat was it that caused you to put up those holdings, exactly? Maybe the threat where we said we're perfectly happy to rent you your preferred hex for the scandalous price of two T3 resources a month, and more hexes if the Tavern ever needs it?
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Caldeathe Baequiannia
MidniteArrow
BHA has only acted in a way minimally required by the community to establish a right to The Haven.
Which part of the community ever told you that your tavern wasn't yours unless you have a ring of hex borders around it? Because as far as I know, nobody has ever said anything about you not having a right to your tavern.
MidniteArrow
Caldeathe Baequiannia
MidniteArrow
Which part of the community ever told you that your tavern wasn't yours unless you have a ring of hex borders around it? Because as far as I know, nobody has ever said anything about you not having a right to your tavern.

HRC placed a claim and you stated personally that we were not welcome. Everyone seems to agree that our tavern confers no territorial rights. If we wanted any, we needed to own holdings.

The latest murder of a BHA citizen in BHA territory and lack of HRC civility evidences the correctness of our stance. We're not willing to let you claim our tavern and rent it back to us, but we are willing to be peaceful neighbors. You don't seem interested in that.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
MidniteArrow
We're not willing to let you claim our tavern and rent it back to us
That is another blatant mischaracterization. No one ever claimed your tavern but Brighthaven. No one ever claimed their tavern came with any territory rights purchased from the devlopers except Brighthaven.

Brighthaven insisted their tavern couldn't function without a path to Rotter's hole so we offered them exclusive use of a hex between their tavern and Rotters for a payment that is barely even token.
Jokken
It has been publicly announced in good faith that due to undesired BHA holdings in the Bulwark Hills, the High Road Covenant has revoked trespass permissions to all characters attached to a BHA member company. You may travel the shield road to and from your Tavern. You may traverse a shield hex anywhere on the map as far as we are concerned. If any of your members wander off of that road and are witnessed in a hex anywhere else within the Bulwark Hills region, your gear and possessions will be forfeit. No further warnings will be given. Response will be immediate and agents of the HRC will pursue offending characters across _any_ terrain to reclaim our property and enact penalty for its theft.

As stated in our territory claim, all other citizens of the River Kingdoms are currently free to visit our lands and gather the top layer of quality of our resources. Non BHA members are welcome to join us in hunting in our monster hexes provided they first ask permission of a HRC representative.

Upon removal of the offending holdings and agreement of reasonable terms, all rights of trespass and gathering will be restored to BHA members within a reasonable period of time.
Go West for freedom and adventure! Join the free soil settlers of High Road. Be a positive and constructive force for freedom in the Bulwark Hills. www.coalroad.com/hrc
Caden
To claim that you never had an option is completely untrue. From the beginning, the HRC offered to lease you a hex at an uber-reasonable rate to support a game mechanic that doesn’t even exist. That was completely offered as an option in good faith. We wanted to be good neighbors. But we couldn’t and still don’t understand why the BHA would want to take over lands surrounding it. The fact of the matter is, a former BHA player purchased the rights to name and own the tavern, but as Goblinworks has quite clearly stated, the purchase did not confer hex ownership.

“The Haven” and any tavern for that matter have no mechanics attached that require any material support and the HRC was clear that if it ever did, the lease would be reconsidered. The BHA came back to the table with an offer that was nothing short of a land grab, pure and simple. Then to solidify that, the BHA erected their holdings and outposts in not one, but several hexes before negotiations were complete. So again I ask, why was this done? Does this foreshadow an expansionist position of the BHA?

Or, was this simply done to put BHA’s thumb in the HRC’s eye because you can?

As you know, several months ago I posted a personal position on my feelings about having and holding territory in PfO and as stalwart tabletop Pathfinder Kingmaker player, I continue to believe that. Congratulations, you hold hexes in the north, but that is still consider contested land by the HRC. And while the HRC may not be in a position to take those back, you had better believe that your presence is not welcome. As a company leader of the Coal Road Militia, we will do what we can to hamper your operations in that area which may or may not include chasing and dispensing punishment upon anyone caught violating the tenets of the HRC.
Duffy Swiftshadow
Jokken
It has been publicly announced in good faith that due to undesired BHA holdings in the Bulwark Hills, the High Road Covenant has revoked trespass permissions to all characters attached to a BHA member company. You may travel the shield road to and from your Tavern. You may traverse a shield hex anywhere on the map as far as we are concerned. If any of your members wander off of that road and are witnessed in a hex anywhere else within the Bulwark Hills region, your gear and possessions will be forfeit. No further warnings will be given. Response will be immediate and agents of the HRC will pursue offending characters across _any_ terrain to reclaim our property and enact penalty for its theft.

As stated in our territory claim, all other citizens of the River Kingdoms are currently free to visit our lands and gather the top layer of quality of our resources. Non BHA members are welcome to join us in hunting in our monster hexes provided they first ask permission of a HRC representative.

Upon removal of the offending holdings and agreement of reasonable terms, all rights of trespass and gathering will be restored to BHA members within a reasonable period of time.

Just an FYI, I would not recommend violating League charter in the pursuit of opponents (not that I think it should be a concern given the locations being disputed at the moment), this goes for either side.
harneloot
Caden
The fact of the matter is, a former BHA player purchased the rights to name and own (My Edit: and place) the tavern

Incorrect. The Tavern account was jointly paid for by no less than a dozen Brighthaven members. I contributed a substantial portion of the funds required and have never stopped playing nor of being a member in good standing of Brighthaven.
Xyzzy - gatherer, yeoman archer, swamp monster.
MidniteArrow
Maybe we should return to the table then. Obviously there is a wide gap between our perspectives on that first meeting.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post