Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Posturing?

Caden
harneloot
Caden
The fact of the matter is, a former BHA player purchased the rights to name and own (My Edit: and place) the tavern

Incorrect. The Tavern account was jointly paid for by no less than a dozen Brighthaven members. I contributed a substantial portion of the funds required and have never stopped playing nor of being a member in good standing of Brighthaven.

My apologies then. I should not have stated that as a fact since I do not have access to transactional records to see who made the purchase. Regardless, who or what entity owns the tavern is inconsequential. The point is that it still doesn't confer hex ownership, nor does it currently require material support.
Thod-Theodum
Please let me know if both sides need/want a facilitator. I can clearly see miscommunication happening on both sides.

So far it was fun watching and actually seeing someone being attacked for transgressions might even be good for the game. But the issue seems not to be resolved in game but meta here. And this is were the personal attacks here are now rather causing damage to both sides and the game.

I don't think either side understands where the other is coming from.
Thod/Theodum are the OOC/IC leaders of the Emerald Lodge - a neutral settlement in the center of the mal that tries to the first to explore the Emerald Spire - should that part of the game ever become available. We have a strong in game and out of game relationship with the Pathfinder Society.
We welcome both hard core players as well as casual players with or without tabletop experience. We have a strong group in Europe and are slowly expanding into the US. We are predominately PvE as our neutral political stance means that we tend to use PvP only in self-defence. We are not anti-PVP - but expect limited PvP opportunity with us.
Bringslite
You probably will not get far, yet that is completely up to The HRC. The base problem, that I see, isn't involved in having a Tavern or being able to access it at all as The BHA seems to feel it is. The BHA first claimed 8 hexes? around that Tavern right from previously claimed HRC Territory.

There isn't a scrap of evidence that you will need hexes around that Tavern to maintain it. Possibly you could have figured that your access to it was being denied, but that is clearly not the case.

If The BHA can't see that as provoking(infuriating) I am unsure what The BHA thinks would be. Later modifying it to fewer hexes, and saying "Let's make a deal" may seem like a concession on The part of The BHA, but I seriously doubt anyone else feels that way.

Is it "wrong" to do things like this? No. Territory is(or will be) a very large part of this game. Is it evil to do this? IMHO, no it isn't as nothing/no one has been terribly hurt yet.

Is it strange to cling to the motivations of why you did it? …. I have to say no. It's a word game and if played long enough it just might become so old that it passes out of current events and that too is a victory for The BHA. Especially if it just slowly becomes an excepted fact that The BHA just owns some hexes far from home, "inside" the declared territory of another group.

How many times could The HRC let aggressions like this get by, I wonder? I don't know.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Stilachio Thrax
Bringslite
Is it "wrong" to do things like this? No. Territory is(or will be) a very large part of this game. Is it evil to do this? IMHO, no it isn't as nothing/no one has been terribly hurt yet.

That maybe true, but it definitely isn't good and it certainly goes against Brighthaven's previous statements on what kind of settlement they were going to be (this was Cheatle's sig):

Brighthaven is a Neutral Good settlement focused on defending its citizens and its allies from negative fringe based PvP (Player Killing and Griefing) while striving to become a large and shining beacon for Good. Whether you wish to benefit from this protection or you love PvP and wish to assist in providing this protection, Brighthaven aims to be the home and support center for you!

Sure alignment isn't technically in-game, but I am forced to conclude that Brighthaven is no longer what they advertised themselves to be. And before someone points out that BHA is not just Brighthaven, it is The Brighthaven Alliance, which is a strong indication of who is pulling the strings. I would have expected in-game shenanigans like this out of Xelias or Aragon in the past (no offence is intended by that smile ), not from BHA.

Perhaps Thod's diplomacy skill is ranked high enough to make these two groups sit down and work it out…
Virtus et Honor

Steward of Ozem's Vigil, Lord Commander of the Argyraspides Iomedais
Bringslite
Stilachio Thrax
Bringslite

That maybe true, but it definitely isn't good and it certainly goes against Brighthaven's previous statements on what kind of settlement they were going to be (this was Cheatle's sig):

Brighthaven is a Neutral Good settlement focused on defending its citizens and its allies from negative fringe based PvP (Player Killing and Griefing) while striving to become a large and shining beacon for Good. Whether you wish to benefit from this protection or you love PvP and wish to assist in providing this protection, Brighthaven aims to be the home and support center for you!

Sure alignment isn't technically in-game, but I am forced to conclude that Brighthaven is no longer what they advertised themselves to be. And before someone points out that BHA is not just Brighthaven, it is The Brighthaven Alliance, which is a strong indication of who is pulling the strings. I would have expected in-game shenanigans like this out of Xelias or Aragon in the past (no offence is intended by that smile ), not from BHA.

Perhaps Thod's diplomacy skill is ranked high enough to make these two groups sit down and work it out…

I too am a bit disappointed in how this is going down. Until the real roots are dug up, I doubt resolution is possible. They probably will need a mediator to tune out the static.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Maxen
To go completely meta here, if the BHA guys had come to us and said, "Hey, you know we paid for that tavern, right?" I think we would have responded with, "Oh, okay. We're not claiming ownership of it. It's just that that hex falls within what we consider a natural boundary of our lands. We're not restricting access. You guys can come and go as you please. We want your tavern to be successful." To me, that’s the meta equivalent to putting a KFC in China. Sure, we’re not allies, but damn, it’s good chicken that everyone enjoys.

And in reality, the territorial claim HRC posted pretty much said that. We don't claim to own the shield hexes, but we are stewards of the shield hex lands. That's pretty much no different than anyone else in the game.

Naturally we all have motive in our actions and while people can claim to know what you’re thinking, you are the only one who truly knows your own motives. We play at politics and diplomacy. Some are better at it than others. Some speak more eloquently than others. Some are better at subtext than others. We all play at it to the best of our own ability. PfO is our little Game of Thrones in a sandbox. But at the end of the day, it's just a game and we are all human beings with real lives. Don’t let things degenerate to butt-hurt, real or imagined.
Mistwalker
MidniteArrow
You really should leave politics to the competent.

The only open conflict that I am aware of is the one where HRC members asked someone getting skill-ups on goblins with a starter weapon to leave your land, who immediately did so without conflict, and was then incompetently chased by 3-4 members of HRC over 4 SHIELD hexes, requiring further support to finally take down.

In a contested SHIELD hex.

A non-combatant.
Overloaded.
With broken starter gear.

Nice interpretation you have there.
Krellum was in T2 gear.
Krellum was not a gatherer, not with what was found in his husk (unless he was gathering Duegar kills)
Krellum did not only run in shield hexes, he ended up there, but did wander over several hexes, sometimes towards the tavern and sometimes away.
Krellum was not overloaded, not with the speed at which he was using.
Mistwalker
An apparently Drogon, you have been unsuccessful in giving instructions to your alliance, as Relling was also found in the crater hex this afternoon, apparently hunting duegar.
Bringslite
Mistwalker
An apparently Drogon, you have been unsuccessful in giving instructions to your alliance, as Relling was also found in the crater hex this afternoon, apparently hunting duegar.

I was in there on sat and sunday, Mist. On the character "Fleki" and I gathered adamantine only through the 1st layer. I will stay out now so as not to add confusion to the situation. No Duergar where hunted by Fleki.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
MidniteArrow
Mistwalker,

I never said he was a gatherer. I consider T2 to be starter gear.
As for the rest, I'll take his word over his murderers.
Drakis [Arrodima] [Default Speaker] [PvE Soldier, Empyrean Legion ]
Nijah [Arrodima] [Leader, The Argent Defenders, PvE]
Jinh [Arrodima] [Leader, The Concordian Council]

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post