Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Posturing?

Decius
Cal says he isn't a spokesperson. Jokken says he isn't a leader. Nobody else has credibly claimed to speak for HRC. To my knowledge zero diplomatic outreach to other groups has happened, and there is no way to authenticate someone who claims to be a HRC representative.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Viewpoint noted, Drogon. You can call my comments "extremely racist" as often as you like, but you should be aware that if that is the case, then it was not the BHA, but the race of people in the Middle East who suffered by my comparison.

I note that my viewpoint is that you have mischaracterized several steps in the process and rearranged the order of actions in order to paint your alliance in a better light. You have further chosen to change the words you used in fact into something similar but different so as to make your position appear more flexible than it ever was when presented to us. You have turned casual comments about things that could be done in the future if needed to support a tavern into "offers to rent" multiple hexes when such offer was never made, and used that as a justification to occupy land while pretending you were just doing what we said you could. You have portrayed our position as intractable on issue which were never intractable. You asked us to do something which we did, then after-the-fact, when you returned with a counter proposal that we could not possibly agree to on the spot, treated the agreed to extension of negotiations as a break, making it clear that you had no intention of treating the negotiations as anything more serious than an inconvenient delay to your goal.

Our one and only firm (not "under no circumstances," but firm) position in negotiations was that drawing a territorial border around a purchased item that can't be taken by players is a bad thing for the game and we'd prefer to find a different way to handle it.

I missed Jokken resigning. Can you point me to where he said he is not leader of the HRC?
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Decius
Cal says he isn't a spokesperson. Jokken says he isn't a leader. Nobody else has credibly claimed to speak for HRC. To my knowledge zero diplomatic outreach to other groups has happened, and there is no way to authenticate someone who claims to be a HRC representative.
Our selected negotiator advised publicly on these boards that we are not prepared to negotiate further until the seized hexes are emptied of BHA holdings. I've seen no attempts by the BHA to respond to that in a way that might open the door. We are making our preparations to ensure negotiations can resume at some point.
Drogon
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Viewpoint noted, Drogon. You can call my comments "extremely racist" as often as you like, but you should be aware that if that is the case, then it was not the BHA, but the race of people in the Middle East who suffered by my comparison.

I note that my viewpoint is that you have mischaracterized several steps in the process and rearranged the order of actions in order to paint your alliance in a better light. You have further chosen to change the words you used in fact into something similar but different so as to make your position appear more flexible than it ever was when presented to us. You have turned casual comments about things that could be done in the future if needed to support a tavern into "offers to rent" multiple hexes when such offer was never made, and used that as a justification to occupy land while pretending you were just doing what we said you could. You have portrayed our position as intractable on issue which were never intractable. You asked us to do something which we did, then after-the-fact, when you returned with a counter proposal that we could not possibly agree to on the spot, treated the agreed to extension of negotiations as a break, making it clear that you had no intention of treating the negotiations as anything more serious than an inconvenient delay to your goal.

Our one and only firm (not "under no circumstances," but firm) position in negotiations was that drawing a territorial border around a purchased item that can't be taken by players is a bad thing for the game and we'd prefer to find a different way to handle it.

I missed Jokken resigning. Can you point me to where he said he is not leader of the HRC?
From this thread and quoted in my last post…

Jokken
How hard is it to figure out? Members of the HRC are Citizens of the North. We support freedom, brotherhood, the defiance of tyranny and a like minded desire of protecting our home. Each of us has a voice and a sword arm (spell hand?) and love in our heart for the right of our brothers and sisters to live as they choose. We do not tax, we accept gifts for the greater good. We do not scorn, we council. We do not dictate, we discuss and share council. I speak for the people of the Bulwark Hills because they say I do. Do I lead them? Nay!

Cal, you keep going on about the good of the game. GW has told me specifically that they have no concerns about our claim around the tavern to be harmful to THEIR game. So if you have an issue with our claim regarding this aspect, take it up with them.
HpoD - "I have, however, sat and watched as others took things more personally (on both sides) and became zealots, charging forward on a shining white horse into a pile of shit. Forum Warriors at their peak, striding the battlefield knee deep in the bloody, broken arguments of their adversaries before the burning village of their credibility….Chill guys. "
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Drogon
Caldeathe Baequiannia

From this thread and quoted in my last post…

Jokken
How hard is it to figure out? Members of the HRC are Citizens of the North. We support freedom, brotherhood, the defiance of tyranny and a like minded desire of protecting our home. Each of us has a voice and a sword arm (spell hand?) and love in our heart for the right of our brothers and sisters to live as they choose. We do not tax, we accept gifts for the greater good. We do not scorn, we council. We do not dictate, we discuss and share council. I speak for the people of the Bulwark Hills because they say I do. Do I lead them? Nay!

Cal, you keep going on about the good of the game. GW has told me specifically that they have no concerns about our claim around the tavern to be harmful to THEIR game. So if you have an issue with our claim regarding this aspect, take it up with them.

1) Inability to parse rhetoric, noted.
2) No. I prefer to crowdforge it.
Drogon
Caldeathe Baequiannia

Nice, more insults. smile
HpoD - "I have, however, sat and watched as others took things more personally (on both sides) and became zealots, charging forward on a shining white horse into a pile of shit. Forum Warriors at their peak, striding the battlefield knee deep in the bloody, broken arguments of their adversaries before the burning village of their credibility….Chill guys. "
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Drogon
Caldeathe Baequiannia

I'm confused. Are you saying you did parse the rhetoric but ignored it so you could make the point you wanted to make even though it isn't true?

"I speak for the people of the Bulwark Hills because they say I do. Do I lead them? Nay!"
Decius
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Drogon
Caldeathe Baequiannia

I'm confused. Are you saying you did parse the rhetoric but ignored it so you could make the point you wanted to make even though it isn't true?

"I speak for the people of the Bulwark Hills because they say I do. Do I lead them? Nay!"
I took that last sentence at face value, because I had expressed confusion about the status of people. When someone says that they speak for the HRC and nobody speaks up to deny it, I conclude that they speak for the HRC, just like when someone denies speaking for the HRC I conclude that they don't.

I don't need to get into the details of how HRC decisions are made; I've been told who speaks for the HRC, and that they have to be convinced as a nonheirarchal group. That is sufficient for me to say that what they have in common is either subject to the whim of any one person (as in a formal panarchy), which I find to be very I liked, or managed under consensus governance, which cannot make agreements binding on itself.

If there is a HRC that has a decision-making apparatus, let it speak for itself.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Decius
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Drogon
Caldeathe Baequiannia

I took that last sentence at face value
I don't understand, is this Decius or Drogon talking? Because Drogon is the one who I apparently insulted by noting he wasn't able to parse the rhetoric in Jokken's post.
Drogon
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Decius
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Drogon
Caldeathe Baequiannia

I took that last sentence at face value
I don't understand, is this Decius or Drogon talking? Because Drogon is the one who I apparently insulted by noting he wasn't able to parse the rhetoric in Jokken's post.

I also took the last sentence at face value.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post