Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

BHA's missed opportunities at diplomacy

Mistwalker
Duffy Swiftshadow
I'm going to avoid getting into a long debate over it (and I too can find Decius's line of questioning or comments quite vexing), but the validity of a question should have no bearing on where it comes from. The debate is being presented here, if I wanted to participate the answer to his last question from both sides is the thing I would want to know the most before discussing anything else.

Please note that I have answered Decius' question further up in the thread. I suspect that it may have been missed while you were drafting responses.
Duffy Swiftshadow
Mistwalker
Duffy Swiftshadow
I must say if you don't want 3rd parties asking questions or butting in then you probably shouldn't be trying to wage any part of this ongoing discussion in the public forums. If however your goal isn't to wage a discussion then I suppose you should proceed as is, but if that is true then I and many others (who are staying out of it regardless) will be disappointed.

I took this approach due to Drogon not being willing to discuss things with me by email, or any other more private approach.

Also, I was hoping to head things off before another Forever War like situation started - after a certain amount of insults, animosity and attacks, sides in a dispute are less willing to talk, make diplomatic gestures, or other diplomatic moves to reduce or eliminate tensions/hostilities.

Well I can share this with you (and you may have learned this yourself by now): Never under any circumstances take your grievances public if you don't want it to spiral out of control and into something even worse. There is always another way, trying to shame an opponent pretty much never works regardless of the details.

Edit:
Mistwalker
Duffy Swiftshadow
I'm going to avoid getting into a long debate over it (and I too can find Decius's line of questioning or comments quite vexing), but the validity of a question should have no bearing on where it comes from. The debate is being presented here, if I wanted to participate the answer to his last question from both sides is the thing I would want to know the most before discussing anything else.

Please note that I have answered Decius' question further up in the thread. I suspect that it may have been missed while you were drafting responses.

I did catch it after I responded, we're all moving a bit fast. I of course was responding to Cal's dismissal of the question, your answer I'm sure is appreciated by those interested.
Mistwalker
Duffy Swiftshadow
Well I can share this with you (and you may have learned this yourself by now): Never under any circumstances take your grievances public if you don't want it to spiral out of control and into something even worse. There is always another way, trying to shame an opponent pretty much never works regardless of the details.

It wasn't my intention to shame anyone. If I have inadvertently done so, I apologise for that.
Decius
Mistwalker
Decius
An official spokesperson for the HRC has made a public policy statement. I doubt that it was not intended for public comment.

It wasn't a policy statement.

I was pointing out how BHA missed a few opportunities to show the server that they are a "Good" settlement, that they won't throw their weight around.

I will acknowledge that it was/is also an attempt to resolve the situation. But as both sides have had different interpretations on what was said, I figured that it would be harder for anyone to do so if everyone saw what was being said/written.
Sorry. I misunderstood the nature of the post. Thank you for clarifying that you weren't acting in your position as negotiator.
Mistwalker
Decius
Mistwalker
Decius
An official spokesperson for the HRC has made a public policy statement. I doubt that it was not intended for public comment.

It wasn't a policy statement.

I was pointing out how BHA missed a few opportunities to show the server that they are a "Good" settlement, that they won't throw their weight around.

I will acknowledge that it was/is also an attempt to resolve the situation. But as both sides have had different interpretations on what was said, I figured that it would be harder for anyone to do so if everyone saw what was being said/written.
Sorry. I misunderstood the nature of the post. Thank you for clarifying that you weren't acting in your position as negotiator.

I think that we have different definitions of policy.

I am the point of contact for the HRC for any negotiations with the BHA.

Please note that I did say it was an attempt to get negotiations restarted, with a potential resolution that respected the intents of both alliances - BHA in wanting to ensure that they will be able to provide for the Tavern if it ever becomes necessary - HRC to not have a distant alliance claim part of their territory.

To be clear, yes, I am acting in my position as HRC's negotiator for interactions with BHA. I am proposing a possible way for both sides to come out ahead - with both sides conceding a bit.
Decius
Thank you for correcting my misunderstanding.

I also observe that the offer and demand to cease hostilities wasn't mentioned. I think that it was implied, but given the history involved I also suspect that making things explicit and clear is better than assuming.
Mistwalker
What offer and demand to cease hostilities?
Eyraphel Teralyn
@Mistwalker

As one of the Brighthaven members who, like you, are giving the opposition the benefit of the doubt, I've been elected the point of contact for BHA in this matter. If you wish to discuss viewpoints preceding any negotiations, I'm available on Paizo and in our Mumble. Either way, I expect to be emailing you tonight.

With that said, I hope that both sides can refrain from publicly engaging each other here, as I don't believe anyone should be proud of several things written on both sides. Clearly, it's not aiding the situation, and reportedly even the best-stocked households are running out of popcorn.
Jokken
Eyraphel Teralyn
@Mistwalker

As one of the Brighthaven members who, like you, are giving the opposition the benefit of the doubt, I've been elected the point of contact for BHA in this matter. If you wish to discuss viewpoints preceding any negotiations, I'm available on Paizo and in our Mumble. Either way, I expect to be emailing you tonight.

With that said, I hope that both sides can refrain from publicly engaging each other here, as I don't believe anyone should be proud of several things written on both sides. Clearly, it's not aiding the situation, and reportedly even the best-stocked households are running out of popcorn.

Thank you for your efforts.
Go West for freedom and adventure! Join the free soil settlers of High Road. Be a positive and constructive force for freedom in the Bulwark Hills. www.coalroad.com/hrc
Mistwalker
Eyraphel Teralyn
@Mistwalker

I will await your email (I am assuming that you will be getting my address from Drogon - if not, please find me in Mumble and I will gladly provide it to you).

Also, I knew that I should have invested in popcorn companies!
Maybe next time.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post