Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

NewCorp Update

NewCorp
Greetings!

I’d like to confirm for the Pathfinder Online community that we are working very hard to acquire Pathfinder Online and to continue development at a faster pace than before.

What is the status of the acquisition?

We are finalizing a purchase agreement and a licensing agreement with Paizo. These agreements have been in development for some time but they are contingent on a successful capital raise to be executed.

The crucial next task is to finalize a significant capital infusion into our company. We have been working on this task since our discussions with Paizo began. The culmination of these efforts is expected to result in funding commitments by the end of July.

The current target date for the acquisition is August 1, 2016.

What are your plans for Pathfinder Online?

We plan to continue development with a vision similar to that pursued by Goblinworks, with minor changes in emphasis resulting from crowdforging in the forums and from key feature lists generated by the settlements.

Pathfinder Online is inspired by and builds on the Pathfinder universe. Players with widely varying skill sets band together to explore and tame a hostile wilderness; players gather resources and knowledge to build outposts, holdings, and settlements; and factions clash with rival factions as they fight to flourish in a persistent fantasy world.

We believe that the primary reason Pathfinder Online has not succeeded thus far is that insufficient resources were available to the development team to build their vision in an effective manner. That is why we have pushed to obtain significant resources to continue the effort. We are planning for an ongoing 25 person development team.

We expect to attract tens of thousand of players to Pathfinder Online when the product is officially released and we will be prepared to scale to this size and more.

We are allocating a significant level of funds for marketing the game when it is ready for general release. We will be fully leveraging the strong bond between Paizo and Pathfinder Online to ensure that the general Pathfinder community is fully apprised of the incredible adventures that await them in the Pathfinder Online representation of Golarion.

We are working hard to ensure that your support of Pathfinder Online will be rewarded with a highly entertaining and evolving product for years to come.

We will have a great deal more to share with the community when the capital commitment is obtained and the acquisition is completed.
You are a Troll
Good to hear!!!
Drogon
Welcome
HpoD - "I have, however, sat and watched as others took things more personally (on both sides) and became zealots, charging forward on a shining white horse into a pile of shit. Forum Warriors at their peak, striding the battlefield knee deep in the bloody, broken arguments of their adversaries before the burning village of their credibility….Chill guys. "
Jokken
Welcome to the River Kingdoms!
Go West for freedom and adventure! Join the free soil settlers of High Road. Be a positive and constructive force for freedom in the Bulwark Hills. www.coalroad.com/hrc
Bringslite
Thank you for the status update. That and a hint of the game's future that you have shown here is terrific. I think that it will make some dedicated fans pretty happy!

Best of wishes for a speedy completion of those tasks you need to tie up before the fun stuff begins!

P.S. Love the avatar handle. smile
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Zax
Greetings, Thank You & Welcome!
Harad Navar
I am incredibly pleased to see NewCorp on the boards. I anticipate exciting new things for the game. I shall reserve happy dance till things actually change. No offense, but words are not deeds.

Programmers mantra "Do Goal"
Knowledge can explain the darkness, but it is not a light.
Decius
I for one welcome our new capital-infusing corporate overlords.

How likely would you estimate it that the new, larger, team would include the old lead designers?
Father Bronin
Hail to the new overlords!! Long may you reign over the River Kingdoms.
Maxen
Welcome NewCorp. It's nice to hear from you directly and we eagerly await further news of funding and plans for continued development.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post