Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Pathfinder Online will be ending operations on November 28, 2021. For more details please visit our FAQ.

NewCorp Update

Aeryx
Midnight
So many questions
For whom shall the game be built
It's snowing on Mt. Fuji

Fixed this for you.
NSFW language, for those concerned.
Schedim
Ah, you are real and not just a voice in Lisas head…

Welcome!
When will we be able to choose our Pony type?
smile
Schedim: Peddler and dealer in stuff easily transported, restless wandering the land of the River. Trying to find out how to reawaken the cult of Hanspur. To realise this ambition I created the company named Rats of Hanspur.
You can reach me on: pfo.schedim@gmail.com
Ravenlute
So we've gone from waiting on money to waiting on money. Awesome.
At least there is a Voice here today. Everyone is holding out on a dream so start spinning a yarn Sandman. Tell us what cool things will be coming to the game. Give us something to stay on and talk about while waiting for the Money Beast to be wrangled.
Myl - Herald of Stone Bear Clan (Tavernhold)
"You can walk into Tavernhold but a horse will have to carry you out."
Daer
Ravenlute
So we've gone from waiting on money to waiting on money. Awesome.
At least there is a Voice here today. Everyone is holding out on a dream so start spinning a yarn Sandman. Tell us what cool things will be coming to the game. Give us something to stay on and talk about while waiting for the Money Beast to be wrangled.
+1
Settlement Leader : Talonguard

Killing, Dying and Healing.. and can't figure out which I am doing at any time!
vyal
NewCorp

We believe that the primary reason Pathfinder Online has not succeeded thus far is that insufficient resources were available to the development team to build their vision in an effective manner. That is why we have pushed to obtain significant resources to continue the effort. We are planning for an ongoing 25 person development team.
Thanks for the update.
Only one comment and request, having followed the development of PFO since 2011, and played during 2015;
It is my opinion that no matter how many warm bodies you throw at an unpopular design, you'll still have an unpopular design.
It's been repeatedly shown over the past 20 years that fantasy themed persistent multiplayer online games that permit non-consensual PvP have a difficult time attracting an audience of 10,000+ players.
This is simply historical fact at this point, demonstrated at least a dozen times, and it seems unlikely that doing the same thing and expecting a different result will lead you and your company to financial viability.

I urge you in the strongest possible way to reconsider and abandon the original design, and instead make a significant, stark, public and unmistakable departure from the original design with the goal of expanding the target demographic. At the very least, non-consensual direct player conflict needs to be removed from the feature list to ever have a hope of attracting a paying demographic of the size you've stated.

To do otherwise, in my experience and opinion, may simply be throwing good money after bad and delaying the inevitable demise of Pathfinder Online. Put simply, in gaming terms, "zerging/ganking sheeple" doesn't pay the bills, and never will.

The Pathfinder Intellectual property, and specifically the translation of the Chronicles, Modules, Adventure Paths, Tales, Maps, Scenarios into PvE content for a persistent multiplayer online game would likely be a ridiculously popular and successful title. Again, I urge you to consider the future carefully to avoid repeating the historically demonstrated mistakes made from 2011 to 2015 by the Goblinworks team, as well as other development studios from 1995 to today.

Finally, Ideascale was used in the past (apparently) to gather, consolidate, accept and reject ideas, implementations and systems that could be used in PFO. If crowdforging is still (or ever was) a design goal, it might be reasonable to re-open submissions and visibility of that tool.

Again, thanks for the update. smile ( I have no interest in debating my stated opinion in this thread so if people want to reach me, please email me vile.vyal@gmail.com )
Drogon
This was posted in Paizo about 3 hours ago…

3 hours, 15 minutes ago | FLAG | LIST
+
Vic Wertz
Kevin Mack wrote:
…the fact there still doing a capital raise after all this time…

"The phrase "doing a capital raise" doesn't paint an accurate picture of the current state, as it suggests that they are still looking for people to give them money. The phrase they used was "finaliz[ing] a significant capital infusion into our company." They have people committed to give them money, and are in the process of dotting 'i's and crossing 't's to get that money into the bank.

This was a complex and slow process because there have been a lot of parties involved, some of them private, some of them not. Deals had to be negotiated between Party A and Party B, contingent on other deals between Party C and Party D, and so on. It has been in the works for many months, and as Erik Mona said the other day, it felt like Achilles' Paradox: every two weeks, we moved halfway to the finish line. But that's *almost* all behind us know, and, as "NewCorp" has said, they're starting to assemble a PFO team that is much larger—and far more well-funded—than Goblinworks ever was."

Very good news IMO.
HpoD - "I have, however, sat and watched as others took things more personally (on both sides) and became zealots, charging forward on a shining white horse into a pile of shit. Forum Warriors at their peak, striding the battlefield knee deep in the bloody, broken arguments of their adversaries before the burning village of their credibility….Chill guys. "
Father Bronin
Schedim
Ah, you are real and not just a voice in Lisas head…

Welcome!
When will we be able to choose our Pony type?
smile

And where is my Mule Fez?
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Alright, here's to hoping the rest of this stuff and more gets in the game. And here is to someday having bona fide bandit features.
Paddy Fitzpatrick - Rí Ruírec of Fianna, roaming bands of noble warriors!
Member of Aragon Alliance and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.
Find us on PFO Discord
Grim Onyxheart
Ok, I got this figured out. Nobody wanted to give Goblinworks the dough so they go to a big company… A company they don't want to mention the name of. A company that has plenty of money to throw around, acquires lots of different games and remakes them in it's image… Yes PFO is being bought by EA. Get ready for Madden's Pathfinder Online of Duty-fall 2k16
~Part of the Empire of Xeilias, settlement of Golgotha, company of House Winterfield~
============= "Through Strength of Arms, We bring Peace." ============
—————————————————- www.xeilias.com ————————————————
Harad Navar
Drogon
"The phrase "doing a capital raise" doesn't paint an accurate picture of the current state, as it suggests that they are still looking for people to give them money. The phrase they used was "finaliz[ing] a significant capital infusion into our company." They have people committed to give them money, and are in the process of dotting 'i's and crossing 't's to get that money into the bank."
Since not getting money promises in writing was how this all fell apart to begin with (if I remember correctly) I am all for i's and t's.
Knowledge can explain the darkness, but it is not a light.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post